Getting closer to picking new head phones...What do you think...
Nov 28, 2012 at 7:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

charlie875578

Head-Fier
After doing more research I've decided that having some portability is essential. I am in law school and spend hours upon hours on campus. I do have downtime and enjoy listening to my music while sitting outside or watching something on netflix, etc. So I think I need to find a compromise between a pure audiophile open-backer like the Sennheiser HD600 and the "wouldn't be caught dead in premium headphones (Skullcandy, Soul, Beats, etc.) I once owned the Denon 5000s which I LOVED and judge all others by. I've also owned Grado Sr80i's and thought they were nothing special even though I primarily listen to classic rock. Does this mean I will dislike the Grado 325s or SR2s as well? So at this point as much as I would like to give the Q701 or HD600's a try, I feel these aren't the best for my use and thus I should be realistic about what I'm going to be using these HP for. With that said I want to get the best soundstage and imaging I can in a headphone that suits my needs. I can still get an AMP (probably Fiio e17) if I need to. 

I'm looking at:

Sennheiser Momentum
V-Moda M-100
Denon AHD600 (kinda pricey) 
Denon AHD400 (Maybe? Seems too much like Denon's version of Beats...)

Still chasing the musical high I got from the Denon AHD5000 haha.

What else should I be looking at for my needs. Is anything I listed good enough where I wont be wishing I had open-back audiophile phones everyday...?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back