Getting "called-out" for not wearing the Beats
Mar 24, 2012 at 5:39 PM Post #5,491 of 5,506

Quote:
Yeah driving is another thing.

But about being awkward - that's not the issue...its the fact that they are just SO BIG.
Anyway, I won't derail any more. 
Say all you want - i hope people will be smart enough to actually do research before listening to your advice u gave here on the XB1K's about portability.

All the people on YouTube agree that the XB700's are HUGE and are not made for portability.
On head-fi however, with members like yourself - oh no its fine to carry around a 5" amp with a width of 3" with headphones the size of your head...

If you care so much about portability, then IEMs are your only option. For users who care about sound quality above all else, that's just one of the many options available, up to and including full sized headphones like the XB1000.

EDIT: Oh I'm sorry, if the Youtube people agree that the XB700s are HUGE, then that's dogma /sarcasm

Mar 24, 2012 at 6:03 PM Post #5,493 of 5,506
IMHO Dubbed has a great point, and Roller just has to be the ******* who's always technically right. No normal person would wear the 1000s outside. I wouldn't even walk out with my SRH880s

Mar 24, 2012 at 6:18 PM Post #5,494 of 5,506

Quote:
Think you guys would like this

If the person who made the responding meme just left out "What a fail..." then this would be perfect.

But still, it's pretty awesome. I think the Condescending Wonka meme has just gotten so popular, people are forgetting how to actually use it. Hilariously enough, that includes whoever is in charge of the Beats FB page, heh.

Mar 24, 2012 at 6:23 PM Post #5,495 of 5,506

Quote:
Think you guys would like this

hahahah that's brilliant -> the caption underneath it, as I've already seen the WONKAAA :D

Quote:
IMHO Dubbed has a great point, and Roller just has to be the ******* who's always technically right. No normal person would wear the 1000s outside. I wouldn't even walk out with my SRH880s

I would go out with XB500's, or some HD25's - but I've never seen the point of wearing headphones really outside, when I have IEM's that do an excellent, if not better in many ways over headphones.
When I heard the HD25's I thought....OK....but for this price, I could just buy myself some MG7's FOR EXAMPLE.

When people say its sound over fashion/look....then go ahead, and wear some Denon AH-D2000/Sony XB700/XB1000 on your daily jog...oh wait...what about playing football with them too? Oh not PORTABLE? I swear u said they were!!!
Ok, less sporty then - go into the tube, and wear them.

For the beats, I understand why people wear them. For fashion, nothing else - or to show off around their neck.
But seriously, when it actually comes to "proper headphones" either you would be knowledgeable enough to buy IEM's, or truly portable headphones that fold up, and aren't so big that they touch your cheeks....

Mar 24, 2012 at 6:29 PM Post #5,496 of 5,506

Quote:

hahahah that's brilliant -> the caption underneath it, as I've already seen the WONKAAA :D

I would go out with XB500's, or some HD25's - but I've never seen the point of wearing headphones really outside, when I have IEM's that do an excellent, if not better in many ways over headphones.
When I heard the HD25's I thought....OK....but for this price, I could just buy myself some MG7's FOR EXAMPLE.

When people say its sound over fashion/look....then go ahead, and wear some Denon AH-D2000/Sony XB700/XB1000 on your daily jog...oh wait...what about playing football with them too? Oh not PORTABLE? I swear u said they were!!!
Ok, less sporty then - go into the tube, and wear them.

For the beats, I understand why people wear them. For fashion, nothing else - or to show off around their neck.
But seriously, when it actually comes to "proper headphones" either you would be knowledgeable enough to buy IEM's, or truly portable headphones that fold up, and aren't so big that they touch your cheeks....

Some people have a hard time understanding outdoors with sports, and for that I say, wear your teeny tiny IEMs or XB300, or any minuscule headphones, and let people who actually care about sound quality wear whatever they want, because its their headphones to wear, not anyone who might see them wearing lol.

Wait, playing football? Ah, so again the lack of understanding of outdoors. But apparently outdoors automatically means sports related activities /rolleyes

Mar 24, 2012 at 6:46 PM Post #5,497 of 5,506

Quote:
Some people have a hard time understanding outdoors with sports, and for that I say, wear your teeny tiny IEMs or XB300, or any minuscule headphones, and let people who actually care about sound quality wear whatever they want, because its their headphones to wear, not anyone who might see them wearing lol.

Wait, playing football? Ah, so again the lack of understanding of outdoors. But apparently outdoors automatically means sports related activities /rolleyes

Ok so wearing small earphones is:
Me not caring about sound quality now?

Football = outdoors.

You know Roller, you should learn some sort of respect for people.
Its not the first time I've noticed this...bloody hell.

Mar 24, 2012 at 6:57 PM Post #5,499 of 5,506
deadhorse.gif

This has gotten pretty ridiculous, even for this thread. Portability is defined by the person wearing the headphone. No one would wear a can while playing any physical activity, that's silly (save for maybe the HD25's because of their clamping force). IEMs are obviously the best choice for those activities.

Still, it doesn't matter if someone wants to wear full-sized headphones out and about as long as they are easy to drive. If someone were to wear an LCD-02 fed from an iPod while shopping at a mall, I would question their sanity because they are hard to drive.

Mar 24, 2012 at 7:02 PM Post #5,501 of 5,506

Quote:
Ok so wearing small earphones is:
Me not caring about sound quality now?

Football = outdoors.

You know Roller, you should learn some sort of respect for people.
Its not the first time I've noticed this...bloody hell.

Not at all, there are incredibly high quality IEMs. Now, having portable (in size) headphones that aren't portable (easy to drive) just gives you either expensive necklaces or poor listening experience. On the other hand, if you have less portable (in size) headphones that are portable (easy to drive), then the only reason headphones wouldn't be portable if because you just have issues with wearing those headphones.

The next time you want to start an argument, choose your words carefully to avoid insulting people like you did on the previous page. So before you start blurting about respect, maybe you should heed your own words.

Mar 24, 2012 at 7:03 PM Post #5,502 of 5,506

Quote:

Still, it doesn't matter if someone wants to wear full-sized headphones out and about as long as they are easy to drive. If someone were to wear an LCD-02 fed from an iPod while shopping at a mall, I would question their sanity because they are hard to drive.

Agreed, no one would wear large hard to drive headphones outdoors, as they're usually neither portable in size not in ease to drive :)

EDIT: Odd typo fixed.

Mar 24, 2012 at 7:08 PM Post #5,503 of 5,506

Quote:
Actually - do people buy beats earphones much?

I have no idea about that.

Seeing as how popular their headphones is - and considering I've never really seen them in a home (maybe i need to go out more?)  - i've seen them outside.

Actually, there have been an equal number of people on campus that wear the on-ears as do the over-ears...

That feel when you know your headphones are better than someone else's.

Mar 24, 2012 at 10:57 PM Post #5,504 of 5,506
So, have all the people who call out others for not wearing Beats started using Beats through their massive marketing strategy and following word of mouth?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back