Getting "called-out" for not wearing the Beats
Mar 24, 2012 at 1:21 PM Post #5,476 of 5,506

Quote:
Why aren't the XB1000 portable? They might be bulky, but they can be driven from portable gear. I for one don't have issues of being outdoors with full sized cans. And since the XB1000 are closed cans, there's not much issue with that IMO.

I owned the XB700's for 2 years, and they never saw the light of day.

Have u even seen or compared the size of the XB1k's with the500's or the 700's?

Mar 24, 2012 at 1:33 PM Post #5,477 of 5,506

Quote:
I owned the XB700's for 2 years, and they never saw the light of day.

Have u even seen or compared the size of the XB1k's with the500's or the 700's?

Yes I have. And what is your point? I already said any cans can be worn outdoors as long as they're closed and have some durability. If you have problems being outside with big headphones, then use supraaurals or IEMs, but there's certainly no problem in using circumaurals outdoors.

Mar 24, 2012 at 2:07 PM Post #5,478 of 5,506
The 1000's cable may cause problems too. Much longer than the 700s. I used my 700s as portables though so to each their own. I'd use my 1ks outside if I had them. :D

Mar 24, 2012 at 2:24 PM Post #5,479 of 5,506

Quote:
Yes I have. And what is your point? I already said any cans can be worn outdoors as long as they're closed and have some durability. If you have problems being outside with big headphones, then use supraaurals or IEMs, but there's certainly no problem in using circumaurals outdoors.

they just ARE NOT PORTABLE.

If the guy wants to wear them around his neck like he was doing with the Beats, the XB1K's or even the 700's ARE NOT a good alternative.

Oh yeah...forgot "head-fi portable" is different -.-

Mar 24, 2012 at 3:03 PM Post #5,480 of 5,506

Quote:
The 1000's cable may cause problems too. Much longer than the 700s. I used my 700s as portables though so to each their own. I'd use my 1ks outside if I had them.
biggrin.gif

Indeed, a too long cable can be an issue. Size on the other hand, is not. As long as it can be powered on the go, it's portable
wink.gif

Mar 24, 2012 at 4:01 PM Post #5,483 of 5,506

Quote:
I use my 80i's portably.

See those ARE portable...
here, are the size differences....

vs      

vs      

I seriously don'y understand how the XB1K's can be anyway PORTABLE. They just aren't made for it...

Anyway...head-fi portable is something I take with a grain of salt, ever since I got my E11 and compared it to the ZO2, a TRULY portable AMP, unlike the Iphone4...i mean E11.

Mar 24, 2012 at 4:06 PM Post #5,484 of 5,506

Quote:
See those ARE portable...
here, are the size differences....

I seriously don'y understand how the XB1K's can be anyway PORTABLE. They just aren't made for it...

Anyway...head-fi portable is something I take with a grain of salt, ever since I got my E11 and compared it to the ZO2, a TRULY portable AMP, unlike the Iphone4...i mean E11.

Irrelevant, as size is a single side that's actually the least important, since it's just about self awareness. If headphones can't be driven with portable gear, then they're not portable. That's a factual difference.

Just because you don't find yourself capable to wear full sized cans, or feel awkward by it, that's an entirely different matter. But XB1000s are portable.

Mar 24, 2012 at 4:32 PM Post #5,485 of 5,506

Quote:
Irrelevant, as size is a single side that's actually the least important, since it's just about self awareness. If headphones can't be driven with portable gear, then they're not portable. That's a factual difference.

Just because you don't find yourself capable to wear full sized cans, or feel awkward by it, that's an entirely different matter. But XB1000s are portable.

Yeah driving is another thing.

But about being awkward - that's not the issue...its the fact that they are just SO BIG.
Anyway, I won't derail any more. 
Say all you want - i hope people will be smart enough to actually do research before listening to your advice u gave here on the XB1K's about portability.

All the people on YouTube agree that the XB700's are HUGE and are not made for portability.
On head-fi however, with members like yourself - oh no its fine to carry around a 5" amp with a width of 3" with headphones the size of your head...

Mar 24, 2012 at 5:02 PM Post #5,486 of 5,506

Quote:

But about being awkward - that's not the issue...its the fact that they are just SO BIG.
Say all you want - i hope people will be smart enough to actually do research before listening to your advice u gave here on the XB1K's about portability.

All the people on YouTube agree that the XB700's are HUGE and are not made for portability.
On head-fi however, with members like yourself - oh no its fine to carry around a 5" amp with a width of 3" with headphones the size of your head...

It's all about the SQ man; looks don't matter. I think Grado's look fantastic where most people think they look ugly, but I digress..

And yes, lets keep to the subject matter :)

Mar 24, 2012 at 5:06 PM Post #5,487 of 5,506

Quote:

I'd rock the XB1000s while out and about. Looks like a fun way to get others engaged in my headgear. I would LOVE to get called out for wearing those things. (Un)fortunately, I have yet to receive such treatment while sporting my V-80s. (Maybe people in Florida are just puss-I mean, non-confrontational.)

Mar 24, 2012 at 5:10 PM Post #5,488 of 5,506

Quote:
I'd rock the XB1000s while out and about. Looks like a fun way to get others engaged in my headgear. I would LOVE to get called out for wearing those things. (Un)fortunately, I have yet to receive such treatment while sporting my V-80s. (Maybe people in Florida are just puss-I mean, non-confrontational.)

if only u had beats - then u would be complimented on your great style and "awesome" headphones...lol

Mar 24, 2012 at 5:37 PM Post #5,490 of 5,506

Quote:
if only u had beats - then u would be complimented on your great style and "awesome" headphones...lol

You have issues with big headphones outdoors, that's clear enough for everyone. And headphones that can be driven in terms of power ARE portable, so don't consider opinions contrary to your own personal definition of portable not being smart, got it?

The XB1000 are portable in the sense that they don't require stationary amplification and can be used both indoors and outdoors. So please just drop your stubbornness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back