Getting "called-out" for not wearing the Beats
Jan 15, 2012 at 3:29 PM Post #3,632 of 5,506

Quote:
My friend keeps telling me to get beats...I wanna beat his head cause he's so annoying. =\ but i learned to ignore him! So far i have converted 2 people in my school into proper head-fi XD... they had beats and skull candies before :p...Just let them listen to my DT770 Pros and they were like "O____O" XD

i get so fed up of hearing the word beats i think ill have a nightmare!lol

Jan 15, 2012 at 3:46 PM Post #3,633 of 5,506
1/ wood is an extremely good acoustic absorber

2/ The detox are okay, but
they are not worth it

For the price ild get an aural exciter and and a pair of  ahem*  pioneer 2000

:D

Jan 15, 2012 at 8:59 PM Post #3,634 of 5,506

Quote:
  i get so fed up of hearing the word beats i think ill have a nightmare!lol

I hate that word now. Beats. I also cringe whenever I have to say STudio in public bc then everyone thinks i am talking about...them. I have to not audiophilia 100% corretly call my Studio's , monitor's or refrence headphones instead !!!

Jan 15, 2012 at 9:41 PM Post #3,635 of 5,506

Quote:
I have before by some of my friends that have beats. I ask them if I can feel their $300 plastic or maybe even get a listen of that $300 dollar sound. Then I have them listen to my $130 dollar Crossfades and feel the $130 solid metal plating. With most, I can see the shame on their faces right when they listen to my headphones and when I tell them how much I spent, I love it. Others still claim their beats sound better. Stubborn... they know deep down they've been ripped off.

I get that A LOT!  : )

Just by carrying my LP's in their case, I will get asked if they are Beats...

Jan 16, 2012 at 2:41 AM Post #3,636 of 5,506

Quote:
I don't know if DRE is till has much control.

Impossible! Dre's products don't go out until he approved them. Directly from the official Beats by Dre website:

Quote:
With Beats, people are going to hear what the artists hear, and listen to the music the way they should: the way I do.

Therefore, using my elite, undeniable logic, Dre has ALL the control over the Beats products. End of story, good day to you all.

sarcasm

Jan 16, 2012 at 3:13 AM Post #3,637 of 5,506

Quote:
I am an audiophile. I love Beats. I can hear everything with them. the highs on the beats are fantastic. the lows are deep and rich. and the mids are just soooo good. I use FLAC CD ripped files and they are soo good. Especially the Solo's. The Studio and Pro's cant even reach the level of them. I'm thinking about dem Souls and Sync. They look great. Beats, Love the sound. Can't get any better.

Troll harder kid

Jan 16, 2012 at 3:13 AM Post #3,638 of 5,506

Quote:
Impossible! Dre's products don't go out until he approved them. Directly from the official Beats by Dre website:

Therefore, using my elite, undeniable logic, Dre has ALL the control over the Beats products. End of story, good day to you all.

sarcasm

OMG!!! I can't believe I missed that!

Impossible! I must have been brainwashed by you head-fi'ers then!!!  Y U LIE TO ME!! This place is a farce! A farce I tell you. Y TELL ME Headphone good! Beetah Than Beats!

But the vast majority of headphones can’t accurately reproduce the intricacies produced in the studio. Simply put,Studios can. With precision-engineered, advanced speaker design, powered amplification, and powered noise cancellation, you hear music the way today’s top artists and producers want you to hear.

Now I get it!! With BEats! I will hear everything!!

People aren't hearing all the music.-Dre

Wow. I cant belive i was brainwashed by you Head-Fi. now i can get can's that will truly show me how music sounds.!

DR.Dre!!!

sarcasm

Jan 16, 2012 at 3:15 AM Post #3,639 of 5,506
I'm curious as to the reason why the Beats/Monster alliance has broken up?
I would like to believe that monster scouts may have actually been reading the boards here and perhaps got a clue. Whatever it is, it's a positive move on their part. Let's hope they capitalize on the momentum and produce something worth the pricetag. I've seen some photos of their new headphones, not the nicest looking.. and appear somewhat bulky, but hey, if they actually sound great, then that's all that matters.  Well, they'd preferably be comfortable. There's nothing worse than having a great sounding headphone that hurts you.. That's a nono..

Interesting to so see what's coming up next.

Jan 16, 2012 at 3:26 AM Post #3,641 of 5,506

Quote:
I'm curious as to the reason why the Beats/Monster alliance has broken up?
I would like to believe that monster scouts may have actually been reading the boards here and perhaps got a clue. Whatever it is, it's a positive move on their part. Let's hope they capitalize on the momentum and produce something worth the pricetag. I've seen some photos of their new headphones, not the nicest looking.. and appear somewhat bulky, but hey, if they actually sound great, then that's all that matters.  Well, they'd preferably be comfortable. There's nothing worse than having a great sounding headphone that hurts you.. That's a nono..

Interesting to so see what's coming up next.

Quote:
It was because Monster wanted a larger share of the profits. As usual.

More or less. The offiial story is on who deserves the credit. Which means....who gets the money.

Jan 16, 2012 at 3:41 AM Post #3,642 of 5,506

Quote:
Troll harder kid

I gotta bump this ...
beerchug.gif

And to that matter, I've listened to every Beats headphone out there with Flac, 320 and the highest possible quality material there is.  Solos' Highs are almost nonexistent from what I could tell. Boomy bass, and maybe a hint of mids.. But to say that Studios and Pros have nothing on the Solos??
confused_face_2.gif
  Well, that's a first, even for a troll.

I doubt that any real audiophile will ever claim that you can hear everything with the Beats.  Prefer them over true reference or HiFi headphones for personal appeal...? Well, hey, it's your business, no one can take that away. Truth is that headphones that produce a heavier colored sound tend to seen as more 'fun' than Monitor reference grade headphones.  
In my case, if I am to compare the SRH440's to Sony MDRXB500's, then I'd say that the 440's destroy them in resolution and detail, and of course, staying true to the sound. However, fun factor, let's put it this way, I love the 440's, but they're not a 'fun' headphone.  Same goes if you'd compare the SRH940 or to Grado PS500
 You can tell which one is a reference monitor headphone... But... the Grados were such a joy to listen to ...
Now... the Solos... I really can't see much more than BASS, BASS and well, more Bass.  A touch of mids... 

I don't know..  I just don't know.

Jan 16, 2012 at 3:55 AM Post #3,643 of 5,506

Quote:
I gotta bump this ...
beerchug.gif

And to that matter, I've listened to every Beats headphone out there with Flac, 320 and the highest possible quality material there is.  Solos' Highs are almost nonexistent from what I could tell. Boomy bass, and maybe a hint of mids.. But to say that Studios and Pros have nothing on the Solos??
confused_face_2.gif
  Well, that's a first, even for a troll.

I doubt that any real audiophile will ever claim that you can hear everything with the Beats.  Prefer them over true reference or HiFi headphones for personal appeal...? Well, hey, it's your business, no one can take that away. Truth is that headphones that produce a heavier colored sound tend to seen as more 'fun' than Monitor reference grade headphones.  
In my case, if I am to compare the SRH440's to Sony MDRXB500's, then I'd say that the 440's destroy them in resolution and detail, and of course, staying true to the sound. However, fun factor, let's put it this way, I love the 440's, but they're not a 'fun' headphone.  Same goes if you'd compare the SRH940 or to Grado PS500
 You can tell which one is a reference monitor headphone... But... the Grados were such a joy to listen to ...
Now... The blue is actually the Solos... I really can't see much more than BASS, BASS and well, more Bass.  A touch of mids... 

I don't know..  I just don't know.

haha. i agree with everything. same observations i have made. with my SRH440's as well. Great resolution. but not as fun as HFI 580's.
Solo's yeah a touch of mids you may call it. I call it recessed and veiled mids.

Jan 16, 2012 at 5:06 AM Post #3,644 of 5,506
I had a quite funny dream recently. I think it was someone kicking a pair of white Beats Solo and it gets run over by a car. I wish it would happen in real life.

Jan 16, 2012 at 6:19 AM Post #3,645 of 5,506
I seem to be attracted to awkward situations like a rat to cheese, but the only time I've ever "confronted" someone over why they are using beats and preceeding to explain to them how terrible they are, it turned out they were a present from a deceased family member..... So yeah i've stopped doing that now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back