Getting "called-out" for not wearing the Beats
Jun 20, 2011 at 10:38 AM Post #691 of 5,506

Quote:
for $30 I don't really care, and she gave them away to family members and friends. You do NOT sell counterfit stuff on Ebay, or anywhere for that matter, it is a big no no.

Tell that to everyone selling ESW9's. Not sure how this turned from a beat bashing thread to a I want a pair of these thread.

Jun 20, 2011 at 11:12 AM Post #692 of 5,506

Quote:
Tell that to everyone selling ESW9's. Not sure how this turned from a beat bashing thread to a I want a pair of these thread.

I never meant for this thread as a place to bash the Beats; it was meant for Head-fi'ers to share their experiences of being confronted by someone who likes the Beats...

Why must I remind everyone of this... 
rolleyes.gif

Jun 20, 2011 at 12:22 PM Post #693 of 5,506
I have had people with which I'm fairly well acquainted inform me that their bargain basement Skullcandy earbuds are all anyone could ever need on the audio front. Unsurprisingly, if you tell such people their earbuds are awful and they wasted their money, you tend to lose such acquaintances rather quickly and generally come across as a smug git.
If someone has spent a lot more money on better headphones than those such as the Beats, and they are someone you know and will happily talk to you, why not see it as an opportunity to convert them to even better audio (both on the quality and value front) rather than announce "Your headphones are crap/You wasted your money/Beats are terrible lmao." And people wonder why audiophiles are accused of elitism...

Jun 20, 2011 at 12:47 PM Post #694 of 5,506

Quote:
oh man$ 30 knock off beats.  i could make a video where i get in arguments with people who love beats and then just pull my beats off my head , crush them and jump on them, then just run away 
very_evil_smiley.gif

^ This. I would also pair the beats with my old basement computer, and invite any beats loving friend over to let them tear up over seeing such an unholy setup. Then I'd challenge them into participating in a pseudo-double blind experiment, Doc Dre's offering vs. anything recommended here. Credit card numbers would soon be typed, products shipped, while bright lights shine down from the heavens, angels sing, double rainbows appear, and my cat plays stairway to heaven...while wearing M50's, aviators, and a pimp hat.

Jun 20, 2011 at 1:51 PM Post #695 of 5,506

Quote:
^ This. I would also pair the beats with my old basement computer, and invite any beats loving friend over to let them tear up over seeing such an unholy setup. Then I'd challenge them into participating in a pseudo-double blind experiment, Doc Dre's offering vs. anything recommended here. Credit card numbers would soon be typed, products shipped, while bright lights shine down from the heavens, angels sing, double rainbows appear, and my cat plays stairway to heaven...while wearing M50's, aviators, and a pimp hat.

And then you run out of acids and realize you're the one singing starway to heaven, while your friends try to eat the carpet thinking it's a land made of brownies.

Learn from my fail.

Jun 20, 2011 at 4:46 PM Post #699 of 5,506

Jun 20, 2011 at 4:50 PM Post #701 of 5,506

Jun 20, 2011 at 5:05 PM Post #702 of 5,506
Jun 20, 2011 at 6:25 PM Post #705 of 5,506

Quote:
Head is down.  Horrible heel-strike. Wearing full sized cans instead of IEMs.

This is a photo-op, not a serious runner...

Actually, is that Fergie?

i run with my shure srh 840. they never give me problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back