getting an ipod 3g... what do i need?
Feb 1, 2009 at 1:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Shauntell47

100+ Head-Fier
hi, just won one of these on ebay...
i already know i need to get a new battery... should i get a cheap one off of ebay for like 8$ or should i get one from one of those special sites? could there be any problems with customs ordering from hong-kong?

planning on putting rockbox on it... btw, is their any european who makes any LODs around here?

is their any other mods i don't know of? can you possibly paint it?

Feb 1, 2009 at 5:57 AM Post #2 of 6
Check out the compact flash mod and turn it into a solid memory player perhaps? This could give you better battery life I think. I have never done this myself but wish I could have know about it before my friend bashed the one I gave him after the hard drive messed up.

Feb 1, 2009 at 9:39 AM Post #3 of 6
thx, hadn't seen that mod... does anyone know if transcend cards work.... they seemed to work for ipod mini, so i thought, why not...

Feb 1, 2009 at 12:21 PM Post #4 of 6
As long as the card is compatible with the adapter there should be no problem.

I bought a battery from Robust iPod Battery Replacement Kits It came with a nice and clear installation description and a plastic opener so as not to scratch the plastic/metal of the iPod. It worked perfectly for me.

And as long as the value of your package doesn't exceed ~20 euro's customs won't bother with it, I'd check on your government customs site to be sure about that though, since France can differ from the Netherlands.

Feb 1, 2009 at 12:29 PM Post #5 of 6
i don't like the sound after rockboxed......
Offical firmware sound much better and better battery life also.

If you need to transfer songs, try foobar + foopod plugin.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shauntell47 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hi, just won one of these on ebay...
i already know i need to get a new battery... should i get a cheap one off of ebay for like 8$ or should i get one from one of those special sites? could there be any problems with customs ordering from hong-kong?

planning on putting rockbox on it... btw, is their any european who makes any LODs around here?

is their any other mods i don't know of? can you possibly paint it?

Feb 1, 2009 at 3:54 PM Post #6 of 6
yeah, well i got a battery off ebay for like 5€, so we'll see how that goes... they're offering me a free gift if i give them positive feedback before payment... seems pretty fishy to me...
otherwise, i'll just get one at one of those professional looking sites...

i'll do the CF mod later on, if i really like the 3rd gen and don't sell it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back