Getting an Error when using MAX on a Macbook Pro?
Oct 24, 2010 at 10:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

kboe

Headphoneus Supremus
I am using MAX when ripping cds to my MacBook Pro and get an error message that reads "An error occurred while tagging the file " insert track name here"    Unable to open the output file for tagging." for what seems like random tracks durning a rip.  I enter the data for the track names and cd info, then get the error message on say 30-40% of the tracks. Anyone have experience with this?

Oct 29, 2010 at 1:57 PM Post #2 of 12
I also use Max for ripping and encoding but I have never encountered such a problem. Could it be some special character in the album, artist or title that either Max or OSX doesn't like?

What about the encoding format? Perhaps it is a bug with that particular format? I rip to ALAC, FLAC and MP3 with no issues.

Oct 30, 2010 at 11:26 PM Post #3 of 12
Don't think so on the text issue.  

I'm using AIFF (Apple/SGI).  There is another AIFF called, AIFF(Linear PCM), Should I be using this one instead?

Nov 1, 2010 at 1:36 PM Post #6 of 12
So Ive tried a few other formats, like WAV and FLAC, and I still get the same error rate.  Looks like I'll either tough it out, or maybe burn on my PC using EAC.

Nov 3, 2010 at 10:47 PM Post #7 of 12
Well we all know how to fix a broken computer screen right... you just unplug it, then re plug it.

Same applies to computer and toaster and refrigerators right?

Well, turns out if I simply uninstall the application and then reinstall it, it happens that MAX also falls in line with other everyday objects. 

I don't know what it was, but a simply reinstall seemed to do the trick.

Thanks for the help MadCoW.

Nov 3, 2010 at 11:00 PM Post #8 of 12
Looks like I spoke too soon, I just got an error.
mad.gif

(Insert slew of sailor speak here!)

Nov 5, 2010 at 9:02 AM Post #9 of 12
I'm still wondering if it could be some pathing or file naming issue... where are you outputting your files to after ripping/encoding? If it's on a network drive or USB drive, perhaps try a local drive? And if it's a local drive, perhaps some strange permission errors (try repair permissions in Disk Utility)?

Sorry I can't be much of help, I'm just throwing out a couple of wild hunches to see if any follow through....

Nov 5, 2010 at 10:18 PM Post #11 of 12
I only had time to rip three cds today, but when ripped to my Macs internal drive, all went well.  No screw ups, or missed tracks.  I hope it stays that way.

Nov 6, 2010 at 11:45 AM Post #12 of 12
I've ripped three more CDs and no problems what so ever. I burn the cds to my MacBook Pros internal drive, then transfer the files onto my external drive, which automatically puts the album into iTunes.

I think you've figured it out MadCow, many thanks

Kevin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back