Getting a new player.
Jan 31, 2006 at 10:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Yodapup

New Head-Fier
I am getting a new Mp3 players. I was looking around and not to sure of what to get. I have it narrowed down to some players.

1) Cowon iAudio X5
2) iRiver H120
3) Rio Karma

I am not sure of which one to get. I want to good features,sound,accessories, etc. I also want a good battery life i will be using throw out the day. I want one that has good durability , Like good for when i go jogging lift weights etc. Can anyone recommend any of these or any other ones? The rio has been my last of choice, i heared that people have problems with it and they no longer make, i could not find that one anywhere to get one new.

Jan 31, 2006 at 11:03 PM Post #2 of 11
I love my Rio Karma, but I would think twice about taking it for a walk -- much less running with it. I wouldn't run with the other two on your list, either -- or any other hard drive player (but millions of people jog with their iPod Mini's, so what do I know ...). If you absolutely need a hard drive player, add the Creative Zen Vision:M to your list, too.

If you want to listen while jogging or lifting weights, look into a Cowon iAudio flash player, the iPod Nano, an iRiver flash player, a Samsung flash player, a Creative flash player, etc.

Jan 31, 2006 at 11:26 PM Post #4 of 11
I really perfer someting a bit higher in capacity. Around 20GB. What are some of the top 20GB players?

My friend has a Karma and he say he use it for jogging and say he hasent had a problem wiht it yet.

Feb 1, 2006 at 12:24 AM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jam_Master_J
I don't think any of the big capacity HD players are jog-proof. I think I heard the iPod mini was, but it has low capacity.

I'm surprised you're friend can jog with the Karma, I never could.

yep he said he has had no problem with it and he had for a while now. He got it new. Now i cannot find them new anymore and i am so sure i wanna get one i hear some peope have problems i dont wanna deal with that at all or even the risk of it.

Feb 1, 2006 at 1:01 AM Post #7 of 11
I am leaning towards the x5 more now. Can anyone tell me more about this? I hear like browser music is tuff? What is it like? Are there any donwside to this player?

Feb 1, 2006 at 1:04 AM Post #8 of 11
I go jogging with my mini... Sometimes I play basketball (well shoot around) with it on my arm. 5 months going good. And I have no clue about the mp3 players you want.

Feb 1, 2006 at 1:11 AM Post #9 of 11
I have been extremely happy with my X5L...no complaints no defects...5 months of daily use.
I wouldnt jog with any hd player , i have a nano for heavy activity (its small and no moving parts).

Feb 1, 2006 at 3:49 AM Post #10 of 11
Ok, as it think i am going to go with the X5 it seem like it with of the top 20Gb players out there and i cannot go wrong with buying it. Is there anything more i should/or you can tell me about it?

Feb 1, 2006 at 1:47 PM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yodapup
I am getting a new Mp3 players. I was looking around and not to sure of what to get. I have it narrowed down to some players.

1) Cowon iAudio X5
2) iRiver H120
3) Rio Karma

(avoiding all the nonsense about 'my player doesn't work when I'm running', 'mine does', 'no, mine doesn't' and so on...)

Depends what you value most. For sound quality, the Karma is a good piece of kit. It also plays ogg, FLAC and gapless MP3. If those don't float your boat, I'd avoid it. It's not very robust (bits break), it's bulky, and in my experience, the hard drive does lock up when jogged.
I've heard good things about the iRiver and iAudio, so either of those, I guess! Or the Sony HD3. Got one, like it, never had a problem, even when running.

Nick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back