Getting a new ipod
Dec 28, 2007 at 12:08 AM Post #16 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by LaBreaHead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To the original poster -- I don't think Apple allows discounting on iPods. Special offers from retailers tend only to include a cheap extra case, or something like that.

I bring this up so you don't rush into a decision based solely on what should be only marginal savings, at best.

This is not true. I saw an discount in my country for Apple products.

Dec 28, 2007 at 1:39 AM Post #19 of 23
Sorry if I caused some misunderstanding.
The promotion is just going on in Singapore for people who buy stuff through online banking , with 15-20% discount off.

My Zen has passed away , so definitely going iPod. I would like to buy a Zen no problem , but seems to me iPod is the way to go. I'm planning to get a portable amp in future. It's more versatile with the amount of options that can be done with iPod (e.g iMod , LOD and etc.). I'm not being a fanboy but just convinced that it would be better to at least go iPod , nothing.

So the Classic has a better SQ chip built in compared to Touch
TIA

Dec 28, 2007 at 2:19 AM Post #20 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by ataraxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't speak for other schools, but my school offers maybe a $20 discount on iPods; I wouldn't go so far as to describe it "nice".

I would think it was nice if someone gave me $20.
biggrin.gif

Dec 28, 2007 at 6:35 AM Post #21 of 23
Ooo, DBS? The 16gb touch is a pretty good offer, yes.

I have a Zen (still working) and it does sound a little better than a touch. Part of the reason for getting the touch was for the extras like the photo album and the web browser.

If you're only concerned with music, I'd just get something else. The other iPods are just not very exciting. How much storage space do you need?

Dec 28, 2007 at 7:20 AM Post #22 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by manaox2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would think it was nice if someone gave me $20.
biggrin.gif

True, if it were not for the fact that the same discount if offered on Amazon.com at this current time.

Furthermore, there is no tax payment incurred when bought from Amazon.

Dec 28, 2007 at 11:35 AM Post #23 of 23
I goto school at UCSD and they stopped the ipod promotion since the ipod touch and classics came out..
frown.gif

i know they had a 20$ off during black fridays on ipods, but i missed that..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back