Get the most out of the Sennheiser HD800's for 500USD
Mar 7, 2018 at 1:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

JvH26

New Head-Fier
So, I am looking to maybe get a new amp to pair with my Sennheiser HD800 with the SuperDupont mod. I now own an iFi Micro iDSD and that's the only DAC/amp where I've heard the 800s off. I'm interested in getting maybe more out of the HD800's. I'd like to get some recommendations on nice pairings for the HD800. I don't know too much about amps and DACs so I could use some help!

Or should I upgrade something else instead of the amp? I am using the standard USB cable of the Micro iDSD and the stock HD800 1/4inch cable.

I am looking to spend about 500USD second hand.

Mar 7, 2018 at 2:44 PM Post #2 of 6
What things you like and don't like (or want to improve) on your setup?

Mar 7, 2018 at 2:53 PM Post #3 of 6
What things you like and don't like (or want to improve) on your setup?

To be honest I do like my current setup quite a lot, it is just that I don't know how much better it can be since I have never heard the HD800s on another DAC/amp. Considering the Sennheiser, most of all I really love the soundstage and the clarity. I also like how well defined the bass is. The highs being sharp don't bother me too much. If I could improve the separation, soundstage, punchiness of the bass or the clarity that would be great! Maybe not the best narrowed down answer ever :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back