Get HYPED for Vision Ears' NEW FLAGSHIP releases!
Aug 9, 2021 at 4:00 AM Post #31 of 187
Aug 9, 2021 at 4:06 AM Post #32 of 187
I am always excited about VE's offerings. Phonix I am coming! I just hope they are not as heavy as Erlkonig.
Qq, I agree, they are on the heavy-side. I don’t see any negative in this fact. In fact, I love the weightiness. They seal great and are a top 5 in the world as far as I’m concerned.

I actually wrote them an asked them what caused the fact.

Just wondering if you saw the heaviness as a negative? If so, why?

Aug 9, 2021 at 4:59 AM Post #33 of 187
Yeaah ,that must be , great .

8C78F3E3-3EA1-46EC-B245-00D8AC13A09A.jpeg

Aug 9, 2021 at 12:06 PM Post #34 of 187
Qq, I agree, they are on the heavy-side. I don’t see any negative in this fact. In fact, I love the weightiness. They seal great and are a top 5 in the world as far as I’m concerned.

Do you ever wear your IEM out and about? If you do, the slightest weight on the IEM or the cable will translate to thunderous shirt noise. A light weight earphone is a well-engineered earphone. I think people really should get over heavier = more premium, especially when it comes to portable product. More weight also means more easily damaged from dropping (think those heavy iphones in recent years; don't you miss the days you didn't have to baby your phones?)

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2021 at 5:55 PM Post #35 of 187
Do you ever wear your IEM out and about? If you do, the slightest weight on the IEM or the cable will translate to thunderous shirt noise. A light weight earphone is a well-engineered earphone. I think people really should get over heavier = more premium, especially when it comes to portable product. More weight also means more easily damaged from dropping (think those heavy iphones in recent years; don't you miss the days you didn't have to baby your phones?)
To be honest with you. I do miss not babysitting my phone. My z fold 2 had to be taken care of like the old phones. And it still got screwed up. Lol

Aug 10, 2021 at 2:42 AM Post #37 of 187
Aug 10, 2021 at 2:44 AM Post #38 of 187
Mm…as an owner of the Erlkonig, I am curious about the Phonix. Is it truly a successor? The marketing material says it is similar to setting 2 of the erlkonig which is my preferred setting (2nd favorite is 3). Curious about the supertweeter and first impressions.
Im in the same bucket. I own the Erlkonig Blacks. How could a successor start at such a lower price point?

Aug 10, 2021 at 3:02 AM Post #39 of 187
Listen I respect your opinions, but I have a very different opinion of the weightiness. I wear mine everywhere (see pic from carnival on Thurs). I've never dropped them. They stay on, around my ears or around my neck. I agree with you that weight doesnt equal premium. However, if I spent this much on IEM's and they were light like the blons, i might be disappointed.

Attachments

• IMG_7212.jpeg
    IMG_7212.jpeg
    985.5 KB · Views: 0
Aug 10, 2021 at 5:31 AM Post #40 of 187
Listen I respect your opinions, but I have a very different opinion of the weightiness. I wear mine everywhere (see pic from carnival on Thurs). I've never dropped them. They stay on, around my ears or around my neck. I agree with you that weight doesnt equal premium. However, if I spent this much on IEM's and they were light like the blons, i might be disappointed.
you gave me a heart attack for a second there.

Aug 10, 2021 at 6:45 AM Post #41 of 187
If VE makes two identical IEMs, same internal same sound same look same price, except one is heavier and one is lighter, are you buying the heavier one?

Aug 10, 2021 at 10:56 AM Post #42 of 187

They are too heavy for me so I sold mine right after my trip to the Canjam NYC last year. It was a bit painful after the 1-hour mark to me.

Aug 11, 2021 at 6:25 AM Post #43 of 187
Mm…erlkonig silver body is a bit on the heavy side but it does not bother me a bit although you could feel it all the time. The diminutive ie900, on the other hand, weighs close to nothing. I easily forget that I m wearing it.

Aug 12, 2021 at 4:24 PM Post #44 of 187
Well, my Erlkonig fits perfectly and I don't feel the weight... So I suppose it depends more on your morphology...
I tried Campfire Audio Vega once, horrible, I couldn't feel them, I don't have that habit...
So I wasn't focused on the sound, but on the fact that they were too small.
Elysium and Erlkonig use the same shell if my memory is good.
I love wearing both, so this is not a weight issue (for me).

Aug 12, 2021 at 5:49 PM Post #45 of 187
Phonix shares the same shell with Elysium?
somebody can confirm??
Y have some troubles with the fit of my Elysium 🤔🤔

Users who are viewing this thread

Back