Get HYPED for Vision Ears' NEW FLAGSHIP releases!
Aug 6, 2021 at 4:48 AM Post #16 of 187
Wait, are you saying my ErlKonigs are going to be succeeded by IEM's about $1k less in price?

Reminding all what a few of our top reviewers wrote about them:

If I could have only one IEM and put all my eggs in one basket, I‘d be hard pressed to find a more stunning flagship than the Erlkönig and would probably save up to get what could very well be considered a real endgame universal IEM. Build quality is nothing short of perfect and fit and isolation are as good as it gets for a universal. The Erlkönig is technically flawless with fantastic resolution, a pitch black background which provides fantastic note contrast and class leading soundstage but more importantly every of its technical abilities is at the service of a very musical and smooth tuning that you can tweak to your preference. What more could you wish for?

@davidmolliere

I finish the review part (but thankfully not the listening part…) while raising the volume of the TR-Amp/MBP/Tidal trio laying loudly to twenty one pilots. This is a character that did not come out until I could sit back and enjoy the Ride, so to speak. Just sitting back and enjoying the marvelous sound wrought from the 13-driver critter. Hearkening back to a song played our son’s freshman year of college soccer often, A Sky Full Of Stars seals my impressions. This is an incredible unit, which has the ability to change tone and personality at a moment’s whim. The song is very special to us, as it was generally played at halftime and we began to think of that long drive home. The separation started at that moment, and we relished the second half of was most often a win (perennial powers in college soccer they are). But it brought emotive responses of appreciation that also allowed us to be fully immersed in the moment.

As such, I stop writing and just enjoy the moment. Watching the Bundesliga has brought some normality to our times, and rather than listen to fake crowd noise, I turn the Erlkönig up a notch. Probably more than I should, but it is so stellar a unit that it deserves the added benefits wrought from the music. Song For America from Kansas and days of yore affords me the pleasure.

@ngoshawk

Looks like this one is made of Carbon Fiber instead of silver. Really want to see how they can improve something like the Erl.

Aug 7, 2021 at 2:56 AM Post #18 of 187
-

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2021 at 2:57 AM Post #19 of 187
Wait, are you saying my ErlKonigs are going to be succeeded by IEM's about $1k less in price?

Reminding all what a few of our top reviewers wrote about them:

If I could have only one IEM and put all my eggs in one basket, I‘d be hard pressed to find a more stunning flagship than the Erlkönig and would probably save up to get what could very well be considered a real endgame universal IEM. Build quality is nothing short of perfect and fit and isolation are as good as it gets for a universal. The Erlkönig is technically flawless with fantastic resolution, a pitch black background which provides fantastic note contrast and class leading soundstage but more importantly every of its technical abilities is at the service of a very musical and smooth tuning that you can tweak to your preference. What more could you wish for?

@davidmolliere

I finish the review part (but thankfully not the listening part…) while raising the volume of the TR-Amp/MBP/Tidal trio laying loudly to twenty one pilots. This is a character that did not come out until I could sit back and enjoy the Ride, so to speak. Just sitting back and enjoying the marvelous sound wrought from the 13-driver critter. Hearkening back to a song played our son’s freshman year of college soccer often, A Sky Full Of Stars seals my impressions. This is an incredible unit, which has the ability to change tone and personality at a moment’s whim. The song is very special to us, as it was generally played at halftime and we began to think of that long drive home. The separation started at that moment, and we relished the second half of was most often a win (perennial powers in college soccer they are). But it brought emotive responses of appreciation that also allowed us to be fully immersed in the moment.

As such, I stop writing and just enjoy the moment. Watching the Bundesliga has brought some normality to our times, and rather than listen to fake crowd noise, I turn the Erlkönig up a notch. Probably more than I should, but it is so stellar a unit that it deserves the added benefits wrought from the music. Song For America from Kansas and days of yore affords me the pleasure.

@ngoshawk

I don't think anything can out-do the Erlkonig. I'd love VE to prove me wrong tho :D

Really curious to see which setting of Elrkonig does VE decide to tune the Phonix to. I'm hope it's setting 2, but I'm feeling they will tune it to setting 3.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2021 at 5:30 AM Post #20 of 187
From the AV show in Hong Kong today.

Attachments

• D5B43F99-1E18-4D47-92BA-AFC0A7ADB6B6.jpeg
    D5B43F99-1E18-4D47-92BA-AFC0A7ADB6B6.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • 7394F33F-DC8C-48A3-AA65-4FEC56D4D3C1.jpeg
    7394F33F-DC8C-48A3-AA65-4FEC56D4D3C1.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • ED80802E-83C9-42FF-9CDE-A3B051AA9A3A.jpeg
    ED80802E-83C9-42FF-9CDE-A3B051AA9A3A.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
Aug 7, 2021 at 5:46 AM Post #22 of 187
EXT sounds more innovative to me. Would be interested on how it compares to Elysium.

EXT is very exciting for me, I love DD down low one thing everybody asked for and keeping the DD for mids, 4 EST I love in Volt and Spark I am now used to the refinement it brings to the table... this promises to be a spectacular IEM for sure

Edit: A bit sad, EXT won't be available as a custom, the quad est is too big for CIEM form factor apparently :frowning2:

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2021 at 6:24 AM Post #23 of 187
I don't think anything can out-do the Erlkonig. I'd love VE to prove me wrong tho :D

Really curious to see which setting of Elrkonig does VE decide to tune the Phonix to. I'm hope it's setting 2, but I'm feeling they will tune it to setting 3.
Setting two - a comment from my friend who was once an Elrkönig user.

Aug 7, 2021 at 11:44 AM Post #24 of 187
Aug 8, 2021 at 2:26 AM Post #26 of 187
Mm…as an owner of the Erlkonig, I am curious about the Phonix. Is it truly a successor? The marketing material says it is similar to setting 2 of the erlkonig which is my preferred setting (2nd favorite is 3). Curious about the supertweeter and first impressions.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2021 at 10:06 AM Post #27 of 187
Aug 8, 2021 at 9:06 PM Post #28 of 187
Aug 9, 2021 at 12:44 AM Post #30 of 187
EXT sounds more innovative to me. Would be interested on how it compares to Elysium.
I'm sure they are both fantastic, don't get to hung up on “tech, ” the tuning is where the magic’s wrought in flagship IEMs like the ERLKöNIG or the PHöNIX.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back