1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Get 25% Off The Next Great Audiophile Vocalist -- Meiko

First

Back
1 2 3
Next

Last
  1. Ripper2860
    So now I have another, very important question...

How was she able to keep her composure while singing to a crash dummy wearing a sweater vest? :D

(Maybe she closed her eyes and imagined Brad Pitt.)

Last edited: May 29, 2018
    Schwibbles likes this.
  2. roskodan
    i believe the sweater vest is there to mask the hanged, drawn and quartered look :p

Wait, so it's all a quack?

Last edited: May 31, 2018
  3. LarryMagoo
    Ill take Redbook thanks...though I do appreciate the possible difference of 192KHz...

You want a astonishing female vocal...even at 192KHz? Then you may want to hear Diane Krall's "Turn Up The Quiet" . I got my copy from HD Tracks @ 192KHz 24 bit WAV though...Though I've been a fan of hers since the last century , this one's vocals truly are startling! The background is SOOO black and you'll swear she's in the room...!!

4. Paladin79
    I have some Krall but not that I will check it out. I am as much a fan of the recording method as I am some of the artists and you know what you are getting from the recording process. This is not an analog recording from 40 years ago whose specs may not have changed much in a new release.

5. Ripper2860
    Listening now to the the album via Tidal Master @96/24. Very nice, indeed!! :o2smile:

As I stated previously -- a quality recording is more important than bitrate. A bad recording played at 192/24 is still a bad recording and will always sound worse than a good recording at 44.1/16 -- heck even 320Kbps MP3. Garbage in is Garbage out -- no matter the bitrate!!

LarryMagoo likes this.
  6. roskodan
    found this in an old thread, seems they brought the vocal closer and added reverb to balance the vocals vs the overwhelmingly loud instruments:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chesky-binaural-recordings.741642/#post-11039100
    https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chesky-binaural-recordings.741642/#post-13127593
    It seems binaural+ needed even closer vocals and reverb to sound good on speakers, while on headphones obviously a lesser amount is needed to strike a balance, and therefore the binaural sound gets compromised.

Although by what it's being said in the quotes it seems that the singer may have been able to get further away from the dummy with the addition of the reverb, however, by listening to the records in question, i hear like it may be the other way around actually.

7. Soundsgoodtome
    I like the album, I wouldn't call it the best Chesky recording..why would you do that to your work??

I bought it. Enjoyed it. Didn't look at the tracks and just hit play upon purchase..had a good chuckle on Rick James.

8. Paladin79
    Hear the album David Chesky exclaims "may be our best sounding vocal album ever recorded"

Here is the exact quote, it may be but it may not be. I am partial to the Noah Wall recording myself.

9. ceemsc

44.1/16 FLAC....

It was cheaper & Rockbox downsamples to 44.1/16 anyway...

Signal2Noise likes this.
  10. bilboda
    Well recorded sweet pop. Nothing ground breaking. Bought in to the hype. Again! :anguished:

11. roskodan
    all you need is hype HYPE hype HYPE and some hybrid sound

12. Paladin79
    HdTracks does allow you to listen to excerpts, I generally do before purchasing. :smile_phones:

13. roskodan
    we all do, i hope. also they have a lot of whole tracks uploaded on their youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/CheskyRecords/videos

also the store wide hdtracks sale expires 05/31/2018 11:59PM EDT, 15% and 20% if buying 2 or more items

"code HDMAY29 to get 15% off storewide OR use code HDMEMORIAL18 to get 20% off storewide when buying 2 or more titles"

Last edited: May 31, 2018
  14. roskodan
    wow, gratz, hdtracks 'can has' sort function finally, crazy stuff! didn't even notice till yday, lost all hopes long ago XD lol

15. Promenadeplatz
    Is that "Binaural+" only on the Hires downloads or on CD-Quality download as well?

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
First

Back
1 2 3
Next

Last