Geshelli Lab's Archel 2 is the low Distortion King
Oct 17, 2019 at 8:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 35

turbomustang84

500+ Head-Fier
I have had a Review unit of Geshelli Lab's Archel 2 Headphone Amplifier .

This Amp looks very much like the original but that is where the similarities end .

And although I'm not ready to post my complete review I will post the measurements from testing done at Audio Science Review.

Geshelli Labs Archel2 Unbalanced Headphone Amplifier Review.jpg

Geshelli Labs Archel2 Unbalanced Headphone Amplifier Back Panel Connectors Review.jpg

Geshelli Labs Archel2 Unbalanced Headphone Amplifier Audio Measurements.png

Best headphone amplifiers.png

Geshelli Labs Archel2 Unbalanced Headphone SNR Amplifier Audio Measurements.png
Lowest Noise Headphone Amplifier Tested.png
Geshelli Labs Archel2 Unbalanced Headphone Amplifier IMD Audio Measurements.png

Geshelli Labs Archel2 Unbalanced Headphone Amplifier THD+N vs Power at 300 Ohm Audio Measureme...png
Geshelli Labs Archel2 Unbalanced Headphone Amplifier THD+N vs Power at 33 Ohm Audio Measurements.png
Geshelli Labs Archel2 Unbalanced Headphone Amplifier Channel Balance Audio Measurements.png
Headphone Output Impedance Measurements.png

Since I don't have the equipment or the expertise to do this testing I asked for permission from ASR to link to their information.

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...hel2-headphone-amp-review-another-champ.9438/

I will post what Headphones I used with this amp later .

At the price they are asking $149.99 it is a bargain but they are offering An early order discount making it $119.99

Oct 18, 2019 at 7:39 AM Post #2 of 35
I know the THX AAA 789 is well respected but at $400 not all of us can afford it .
But to have an amp selling for less than a third of the price and in testing beats the 789 is phenomenal.

I have tried pretty much every Headphone I've got along with my favorite IEMs and no problem powering any of them .

Sennheiser HD-660s
Sennheiser HD-6XX
Sennheiser HD-600
Hifiman HE-4XX
Hifiman HE-400
Hifiman Sundara
Beyerdynamic DT-990
Audio Technica ATH-M50
Tin T2
kz zs10 pro

the Hifiman Sundara's are especially good with this amp and thanks to the addition of High Gain which was not on my original Archel Pro it really works well with Planars

The Archel 2 does not have limitless power but I've yet to find anything it has a problem driving.

Oct 18, 2019 at 7:44 AM Post #3 of 35
Nice to see a US company can still manufacture some quality products in the USA and at reasonable prices. Bravo.

Oct 18, 2019 at 10:42 AM Post #4 of 35
Nice to see a US company can still manufacture some quality products in the USA and at reasonable prices. Bravo.
They are very good people also .

It's nice to actually be able to talk to the people that designed and manufactured the product you purchased .

Kind of the electronic equivalent of farm fresh lol

Oct 19, 2019 at 12:21 PM Post #6 of 35
This thing looks pretty amazing in distortion specs, wow
I've been comparing it to the Massdrop THX AAA 789 and other than having less power they sound very similar and it drives all my headphones well past any level I would ever need...
it does not seem underpowered at all .

It definitely punches well above it's price point .

I've been using it most with the Hifiman Sundara's and they sound great together so when the loaner Sundara's go back I'm definitely buying a pair .

Oct 19, 2019 at 12:42 PM Post #7 of 35
I've been comparing it to the Massdrop THX AAA 789 and other than having less power they sound very similar and it drives all my headphones well past any level I would ever need...
it does not seem underpowered at all .

It definitely punches well above it's price point .

I've been using it most with the Hifiman Sundara's and they sound great together so when the loaner Sundara's go back I'm definitely buying a pair .
Very cool. Which gain are you on, high gain? Is low gain usable or too quiet? Any noise penalty in high gain?

Cheers

Oct 19, 2019 at 12:45 PM Post #8 of 35
Very cool. Which gain are you on, high gain? Is low gain usable or too quiet? Any noise penalty in high gain?

Cheers
Depends on what I'm listening to lately I've been a bit Tool ( the band ) obsessed so High Gain rules the day of course with easy to drive Headphones and IEMs low Gain is what I use .

Oct 19, 2019 at 12:47 PM Post #9 of 35
Depends on what I'm listening to lately I've been a bit Tool ( the band ) obsessed so High Gain rules the day of course with easy to drive Headphones and IEMs low Gain is what I use .
Also this is dead silent to me as far as noise but it depends greatly on what source I'm using

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2019 at 2:03 PM Post #10 of 35
I am not at liberty to make any comments about this picture but being it is on Geshelli's Facebook page I'll let you use your own imagination
FB_IMG_1571507896211.jpg

Oct 19, 2019 at 7:02 PM Post #12 of 35
Oct 22, 2019 at 2:58 PM Post #13 of 35
After listening to the Geshelli Enog2 for a week I've decided I have to get one and it's not that the Original Archel pro is bad it is very good but they have created a fantastic step up for not much money ....
I can't wait to see what they come up with next .

Oct 22, 2019 at 6:28 PM Post #15 of 35
Hmmm I suppose I should go with this over the JDS Atom?
I know very little about the atom so I personally can not say much about it .
But at the pre black Friday price and how great it sounds you can't go wrong with the Archel 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back