Genuine leather pads for stax sr-202
Jul 16, 2012 at 5:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

catcat

New Head-Fier
I am using a pair of stax sr202. The earpads are made of artificial leather. The feeling is suck when using in summer, since I am very sensitive to hot weather and easily get sweating. Is there any improvement if i replace the earpads with the ones used in sr-507, which are made of genuine leather? Thanks for replying.

Jul 16, 2012 at 8:05 AM Post #2 of 9
I haven't owned the STAX or used their leather pads, but out of headphones I've owned with pleather and leather pads, the leather pads generally breathe better and are more tolerable in the summer months. :) I think if you tried them and disliked them, you could probably sell them to someone with a 507 (or one of the older models that use them) on the FS thread without too much trouble either. :xf_eek:

Jul 16, 2012 at 8:48 PM Post #4 of 9
I don't know that, sorry. From pictures I would guess "probably" but I don't know for certain. While re-posting is usually frowned upon here, you might try posting this question in Summit-Fi, as a lot of the STAX guys hang out there (and would be more likely to see it) - I'm kind of surprised you haven't gotten more replies. :xf_eek:

Jul 18, 2012 at 12:27 PM Post #6 of 9
I should be able to give some feedback on this in a couple of days. I'm having the same issues with the pleather earpads getting rather hot, so I've ordered a pair of 404LE earpads (which are real leather, too) for my SR404's. They should arrive in a few days.
I don't know whether the 404LE earpads are the same as the ones on the 507 - but I guess all should be compatible with each other since the housing is essentially the same for all Lambdas.

Jul 18, 2012 at 1:01 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:
Thx for the reply! By the way, is 5the earpads of 507 perfectly fit to sr202? Is there any problem to use the 507 earpads in sr202?

They are the same exact size so no problems fitting them.  I would use some temporary glue if you might end up selling them as the glue supplied is very strong so removing them is problematic and it might damage the pads. 

Sep 5, 2012 at 2:18 PM Post #9 of 9
I'm a new owner of a pair of slightly used STAX SR-202 having the same issues with the pleather earpads getting rather hot & sweaty on my ears.
I assume the 404 LE leather earpads are very nice & comfortable, but rather expensive - US $109.
I think of covering the pleather with a thin layer of Alcantara. This should work.
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back