Genres of music your IEM plays best ?
Jul 27, 2012 at 11:03 AM Post #2 of 12
I'll start with the Sony XBA-4. It's a bit difficult with many genres, but it works very well with electronic music, especially Trance and even Dubstep. A word of warning - use it with a source that has low output impedance (I use it with a Sansa Clip+) or you will encounter frequency response and control issues due to the very low and spikey impedance of the XBA-4.

I'll post some more combos as I listen to them.

Jul 27, 2012 at 11:05 AM Post #3 of 12
Sennheiser IE8 - Bassy Music
Ultimateears TF10 - Rock/Metal/
Meelectronics M6 - Rock/Jazz (not modded), Rock/Bassy Music (modded)
Vsonic GR06 - All genres (with the right source and eq)

Jul 27, 2012 at 5:02 PM Post #4 of 12
RE-262 has a fabulously musical mid-range and is great with anything acoustic, with or without vocals. It has very high impedance for an IEM, so for best results, use an amp.

Dec 26, 2012 at 1:19 PM Post #6 of 12
The Vsonic Gr07 probably are one of the most balanced sounding IEM's i've ever heard. I gave them they're precious time to let them open and i don't regret it at all. Burn in is a must for the Vsonic gr07's, I dont care what anyone says. I have the Re262's, Brainwavz B2, Etymotic er4s, westone 2's, westone 3 and 4. and lets just say out of my entire IEM collection... the Vsonic Gr07 are the most addicting and sounds the best on my hisound 3rd Anniversary.The sound is so balanced perfect bass, and the mids and highs comes across the music nice and smooth. They sound similar to the Sennheiser IE80. I've also noticed the vsonic gr07's really shine with every music Genre i throw at them. Jazz RnB and club music. I don't listen to much rock other than paramore. I've gotten to the point where i can see that for IEMS, spending 400+ will not get you better sound, only preferrence. Now i could be wrong as people tend to praise iem's like the Tralucent 1plus 2's. But if anyone wanted some good pair of IEMS. Vsonic Gr07 would be my first recommendation. I don't know how vsonic did it, but they've made one of the best IEMS to date IMO.
Favorite Songs​
Blue Six - Sweeter Love,

Kool and Klean- Far away.

Jhene Aiko- Popular

New Heights - Fig Tree

Acoustic Alchemy- Same Road Same Reason

Dec 26, 2012 at 1:42 PM Post #7 of 12
Quote:
The Vsonic Gr07 probably are one of the most balanced sounding IEM's i've ever heard. I gave them they're precious time to let them open and  and i don't regret it at all. Burn in is a must for the Vsonic gr07's, I dont care what anyone says. I have the Re262's, Brainwavz B2, Etymotic er4s, westone 2's, westone 3 and 4. and lets just say out of my entire IEM collection... the Vsonic Gr07 are the most addicting and sounds the best on my hisound 3rd Anniversary.The sound is so balanced perfect bass, and the mids and highs comes across the music nice and smooth. They sound similar to the Sennheiser IE80. I've also noticed the vsonic gr07's really shine with every music Genre i throw at them. Jazz RnB and club music. I don't listen to much rock other than paramore. I've gotten to the point where i can see that for IEMS, spending 400+ will not get you better sound, only preferrence. Now i could be wrong as people tend to praise iem's like the Tralucent 1plus 2's. But if anyone wanted some good pair of IEMS. Vsonic Gr07 would be my first recommendation. I don't know how vsonic did it, but they've made one of the best IEMS to date IMO.
Favorite Songs​
Blue Six - Sweeter Love,

Kool and Klean- Far away.

Jhene Aiko- Popular

New Heights - Fig Tree

Acoustic Alchemy- Same Road Same Reason

As for my cowon, the vsonic gr07 still perform's better than my westone 4's. reason for me saying this is because, my hisound does not have an equalizer. The Cowon has a very powerful equalizer, and i'm able to make my IEM's sound even better. and still my vsonic gr07's sound better with my equalizer settings :)

Dec 26, 2012 at 10:33 PM Post #8 of 12
SM3 V2 - Everything but they really sound amazing with EDM because of the soundstage and 3D presentation also love classical with them.

BA200 - Again these work well with everything I've thrown at them.

Heaven IV - Rock, alternative but also pretty good with EDM.

MH1C - I don't use them much bet EDM is what I played because of the bass, the hype has worn off and they aren't as good as what most say imo.

GR04 - I just picked them up for fun and they're really good for the price and sound good with everything.

Dec 26, 2012 at 11:45 PM Post #10 of 12
RE0: Jazz, Classical, vocal folk and rock, techno (love RE0 bass with an amp though the MH1C has better sub-bass but the highs sparkle more here)
Sony MH1C/JVC 400: Movie soundtracks, gaming

Dec 27, 2012 at 1:04 AM Post #11 of 12
Quote:
RE0: Jazz, Classical, vocal folk and rock, techno (love RE0 bass with an amp though the MH1C has better sub-bass but the highs sparkle more here)
Sony MH1C/JVC 400: Movie soundtracks, gaming

I have the Re-Zero, i don't know if they're the same as the RE0 but they sound really good. I also find those for entry level IEMS. They sound great along with the the Sony MDR Ex600

Users who are viewing this thread

Back