1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

General "warm" headphones. (Suggestion thread)

1. 2enty3
    Even though I have no immediate plans to buy a set of portable headphones anytime soon, I am planning to get one in a couple months. I already have an IEM and 2 circumaural headphones, so I thought I might as well get a portable one for whenever I feel like it.

So here's my Info:
    - Listen to mainly Power Metal(Emphasis on Guitars and Drums), J-Pop, Jazz, and Rock in general.
    - Price range doesn't matter at the moment, but definitely nothing over $300, unless it is a near perfect headphone for me.
    - No strong preference on Closed or Open, but leaning towards closed, but SQ>design.
    - As suggested by topic, an overall Warm sound signature, but with emphasis on mids also.
    - No real preference on treble, just not too bright.
    - Usage at the moment is unknown, but probably indoors, but might take them outside once in a while.
    - Detail bass> bass quantity
    - Using itouch 16g -> iBasso T3, soon replaced with cowon J3.

Thanks

2. 2enty3
    bump

3. seanmo
  4. Woozle Wuzzle
    Skullcandy seems to be perfect for you, no question about it. There are also Bose which I read were fantastic.

5. leonzill

Best advice I've ever seen on these forums TBQH.

6. 2enty3

Quote:

Oh yeah, Seems legit...

7. ChipnDalebowl
    Sennheiser PX-100 might be right up your alley if you're looking for mid-range sound.  They are not overly bright either.