Genalex Gold Lion E88CC for Aune T1 MK2
Sep 4, 2020 at 1:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

flippin

New Head-Fier
Hi, so I'm looking to upgrade my stock tube (EH-6922) to Genalex Gold Lion E88CC. I've read a lot of good reviews so I'm tempted to try it, and found it on local shop for around $50 (link). I don't have any experience in tube rolling, but a while ago I asked about it, and someone said I have to be careful not to buy an "ECC88" or "6DJ8" version. But then, all of those versions are mentioned on the product page by the seller. So which one is safe to use?

I have to be extra careful with my T1. Last time I got issues with this little fella I had to ship it back to China, waited for more than a month, before have to pay for replacement part, while it still under warranty. So it's better safe than sorry, I guess.

Thanks in advance.

Sep 4, 2020 at 3:19 PM Post #2 of 2
Hi, so I'm looking to upgrade my stock tube (EH-6922) to Genalex Gold Lion E88CC. I've read a lot of good reviews so I'm tempted to try it, and found it on local shop for around $50 (link). I don't have any experience in tube rolling, but a while ago I asked about it, and someone said I have to be careful not to buy an "ECC88" or "6DJ8" version. But then, all of those versions are mentioned on the product page by the seller. So which one is safe to use?

I have to be extra careful with my T1. Last time I got issues with this little fella I had to ship it back to China, waited for more than a month, before have to pay for replacement part, while it still under warranty. So it's better safe than sorry, I guess.

Thanks in advance.

The 6DJ8 and ECC88 use 365ma heater current. The 6922 and E88C use 300ma heater current. So, not knowing anything about the Aune, there is the potential that its power supply could be overloaded with a 6DJ8 or ECC88.

That said, keep in mind that the Genalex is actually a tweaked and re-packaged Electro-Harmonix. Genalex is one of the venerable tube brands, such as Tung-Sol and Mullard, whose trademark names have been purchased by Electro-Harmonix. They're all Sovtek manufacture, I believe, which is also owned by Electro-Harmonix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back