Geek Wold Discussion
Oct 16, 2021 at 1:40 AM Post #1,217 of 1,619
thank you all

these seem to be the closer to the original ones, must check the size.
AliExpress is such a treasure trove of the little components. Shipping may end up costing more than the price of the part itself, but it's still nice to have so many options available.

Nov 1, 2021 at 9:54 AM Post #1,220 of 1,619

E1DA PowerDAC has propelled GK10 to Stevie Ray Vaughan tribute IEM par excellence.

Bass. Treble. Huge mids. After some DAC tweaks in the peq it's all here. midbass bloat shows up on this amp because it throws so much more bass response back into the mix. Real solid bottom end. After taming midbass you're left with a warm and liquid wall of tone that lets the guitar licks sparkle with every lick.

Using a balanced cable straight to pdv2's 2.5mm output. These things really love the extra power.

Nov 1, 2021 at 10:11 AM Post #1,221 of 1,619

E1DA PowerDAC has propelled GK10 to Stevie Ray Vaughan tribute IEM par excellence.

Bass. Treble. Huge mids. After some DAC tweaks in the peq it's all here. midbass bloat shows up on this amp because it throws so much more bass response back into the mix. Real solid bottom end. After taming midbass you're left with a warm and liquid wall of tone that lets the guitar licks sparkle with every lick.

Using a balanced cable straight to pdv2's 2.5mm output. These things really love the extra power.

I was fortunate to get the perfect Geekwold G10. Still as enthralled by it now as months ago. 4.4mm from my R5 is happiness making.

Nov 1, 2021 at 12:51 PM Post #1,222 of 1,619
I was fortunate to get the perfect Geekwold G10. Still as enthralled by it now as months ago. 4.4mm from my R5 is happiness making.

Definitely there's a lot of magic here if you know where to look. I've really come to appreciate how these render standard electric bass on funk, jazz, and classic rock. These have a really live-venue kind of sound. Instrument separation and imaging is just fantastic with some boost in the treble and the piezos won't kill you like BA.

"two bags please"

Nov 2, 2021 at 6:20 AM Post #1,223 of 1,619
I received a perfect GK10 after the first one was faulty. Mine sounds amazing on my Xduoo X20 with Fiio A5 amp. Wonderful extended treble and separation.

Nov 4, 2021 at 11:20 AM Post #1,224 of 1,619
Mine was defected (mid bass bloated). But after some hours try to mod them (clear vent holes, burn in, filter remove + foam mod) now they sound really good. I think you should try foam mod on this

Nov 14, 2021 at 8:58 AM Post #1,225 of 1,619
After the extremely slow delivery (so slow the hype has died when this thing arrived lol), I've finally got a pair of GK10. These are the full set of measurements of my unit using IEC 60318-4 clone:

Surprisingly, a huge midbass hump does not sound as badly as the graph would imply. One channel has a significant 8 kHz resonance peak due to a bented grill (QC memes). Distortions level is decent, though higher than on both MH 755 and Tanya (those have 0.2-0.3% THD across full spectra on the same volume).

Quick impressions with Thrice's latest album: a little bloated yet a little piercing sound with below average resolution and strange imaging (the staging feels more open and spacious than average, but spatial ques are... weird; like instrument positions are a little screwed), though treble extension is decent and probably the thing that gives the most "wow factor" against other budget IEMs. Also it gets pretty messy during more complex passages and all of these while the midrange is noticeably supressed by both midbass and upper treble boosts, which makes GK10 sound incoherent. So average sound quality at best. I don't think $45 GK10 really competes with $5 Sony MH 755 or $20 Tanchjim Tanya. Though those have pretty trash treble and GK10 may outclass them in staging capabilities, they give a little better resolution and hugely better bass and midrange performance while sounding perfectly coherent as most DD-only setups.
May I ask for a favor? Could you please share waterfall graphs with different cables? I'd like to see if there's any noticeable change.

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2021 at 4:12 AM Post #1,226 of 1,619
any news?

Dec 2, 2021 at 7:15 AM Post #1,227 of 1,619
Following up with Out of the box Impression
GK10 @24hr burn-in ✅

-Due to fit issue, I’m using CP360, which reduces bass to almost flat level like ER series or near KBEar Lark’s

-I like bit more engaged bass like MEST MKII’s so I’m using MKII’s cable’s siblings (PWA Copper 28 V2), but for impression comment purpose I used stock cable

-It’s very uniquely tuned IEM, upper registers are dry and nuance-focused, mid and lower ranges are focused on neutrality and good instrumental separations

-imaging coherence (sound image coordinate positional plotting x image focusing x Diffusion field grid conformity) belongs to High-Fidelity class, Grade A. Can’t believe a quadbrid can be tuned to this level..except MEST MKII. I can say GK10 barely plays better in this field( the imaging coherence) than ThieAudio Monarch’s by a small margin.

-the note is feather touching light, the transient is pretty fast

-trebles layering capability is not those of 8BA+ class, it still laying on the Penta-driver hybrids capability, but even within Penta-driver hybrids/tribrids, you can tell 4-way cross over does great cohesive synergy when a complexed composition is on its stake. Great sense of harmonics and instrumental separation, this is very evident on Jazz tracks(wood bass, piano, snares, cymbals diffusions, nearly perfect coherence)

-due to dry and analytical approach of tuning, Piano and male vocal may sound a bit less intimate. Piano tone is closer to Yamaha( Clean and Accurate) than Steinway or Bosendorfer

-when comparing GK10 to perfectly aligned grid IEMs such as Softears RSV or Soundpeats Gamer No.1, or near perfect grid MEST MKII, GK10 falls behind. The stage making of GK10 seemed composed by 3 arrays,
Forward array: Piezo
Surrounding array: BA+Mid DD
Side array: Bass DD
It forms a unique treble-lead forwarding wide sound stage with Bass kicking from side and back, surrounded by BA and Mid DD.

-pretty low distortion overall, if blind tested, I would say this is a $300 contender to compete with Blessing2 or Mangird Tea

-The sound stage is not MEST MKII class wide, but wider than Blessing2 and Tea

-Very airy 10khz+ top registers, it falls a bit behind EST class, due to short decay but very satisfactory, GK10 beat Blessing2 and Tea for this area

TLDL;
GK10 ; less harsh AKG monitor sound (wide sound stage x bright neutral x highly technical ) delivered in a form of IEM. Forget about the price tag, it’s misleading. Well tuned $300 IEM GK10 is.

What’s so special?:
Independently resonating surrounding reverb(mid, upper mid, treble) x independently separated bass-line(clear sounding but doesn’t bleed) x crystal clear upper sky = new sensation of highly separated lower floor and upper registers forming a new harmony, very unique & coherent

GK10 in one word:
“Feel the Air”
That's three words, LOL!

Dec 2, 2021 at 8:51 AM Post #1,229 of 1,619
I rarely use mine. When I do it takes my brain a while to adapt to them and then I enjoy them, but nothing really blows me away enough to make me want to come back for more, so I'll tend to pick something else up.

Dec 2, 2021 at 8:58 AM Post #1,230 of 1,619
I do agree though with @AmericanSpirit though. In my collection the GK10 is one of the most underrated IEMs I have, although I am aware many have dud and below par copies.
Yes, "feel the air" is very appropriate. Once powered adequately and with good cable and tips they really do shine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back