Geek Wold Discussion
Aug 26, 2021 at 8:36 AM Post #1,111 of 1,619
my set should arrive in few days and i've never done a burn in process, can you please explain me how to do it properly?
Just play music/audio through it at usual listening volume. Many IEMs settle after 50-100 hours.

Aug 26, 2021 at 8:44 AM Post #1,113 of 1,619
so no need for white noise or pink noise files, just my usual music?
Some people prefer that way. I’m not too bothered as long as the driver is getting a work out (applies to headphones and speakers but there’s also people that don’t think it matters).

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2021 at 9:05 AM Post #1,114 of 1,619
Just play music through them at a volume you would normally play for a week 24/7. Find an internet music source for the music or use the music on your computer.

Aug 26, 2021 at 9:32 AM Post #1,115 of 1,619
so no need for white noise or pink noise files, just my usual music?
I’m lazy so I just plug IEMs to my ipad with this youtube video with repeat tuned on

Aug 26, 2021 at 10:05 AM Post #1,116 of 1,619
So after almost 5 days of usage, I feel GK10 is very much a one trick pony. It definitely has a fantastic low-end better than many earphones I have tried but it starts getting wonky in upper mids and treble. It definitely has air and sounds spacious but everything feels hollow. It is good but I think it's a difficult recommendation to both experienced hobbyists and new ones. The sheer effort to make things work is too much. I usually don't use foam tips but after couple of days with Starlines the treble got unbearable. Foams help with that but mids are still beyond salvation.

I so wanted them to turn out fantastic. Alas, finally my good run of fantastic purchases comes to an end. I will share detailed impressions soon.

Aug 26, 2021 at 12:53 PM Post #1,117 of 1,619
Silly Questions (asked for a friend), Season 1, Episode 2

is it safe to use a 2pin 0,78mm cable on the qdc connector of the zax? it works, but i'm afraid that this could be pretty fragile...

btw, che change in sound quality from the stock cable to the new one is absolutely real and amazing, don't want to restart the holy cable war, i suppose that anyone agrees that to some extent build quality matters, and in my case the build quality difference is huge.

Aug 26, 2021 at 7:25 PM Post #1,118 of 1,619
I got a second pair of GK10 (Blue this time) to see if my first pair were defective. After listening to the new ones just now, it appears the first pair weren't defective.
Not as thrilled with these as I once was. I also mistakenly poked both vents on my first pair and lost a fair amount of bass, but even in that condition they sound a bit better than stock to me.
Not enough subbass, too much midbass, and you have to adjust too much in EQ to "get it right".
I agree with the "hollow" sound. Vent poke helps but you shouldn't need to do it.

Aug 26, 2021 at 11:19 PM Post #1,119 of 1,619
i am going to make summarize for my impression with GK10
basically I agreed with all members here in this thread :
- The nozzle a little bit to short for me
- the sub bass is lacking a little bit (not really punch, little bit lack of authority)
- don't use pure silver cable (even in balance), it make the sub bass even more lacking in quantity and make the treble high thinner (EST area)
- the setup must be right to get Gk10's all potentiality shine : Pure copper cable, balance + KZ Starlines eartips (L size) = the best
- if the company can solve the problems (the nozzle and the sub bass), the iem will become one of the best iem under usd300, at least for me.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2021 at 3:22 AM Post #1,120 of 1,619
i am going to make summarize for my impression with GK10
basically I agreed with all members here in this thread :
- The nozzle a little bit to short for me
- the sub bass is lacking a little bit (not really punch, little bit lack of authority)
- don't use pure silver cable (even in balance), it make the sub bass even more lacking in quantity and make the treble high thinner (EST area)
- the setup must be right to get Gk10's all potentiality shine : Pure copper cable, balance + KZ Starlines eartips = the best
- if the company can solve the problems (the nozzle and the sub bass), the iem will become one of the best iem under usd300, at least for me.
Yes, I also found a pure copper cable to be the best. Too much shimmer and twinkle undefined at the top end with silver-plated copper.

Aug 27, 2021 at 7:46 AM Post #1,121 of 1,619
Just got these. I can't friggin' get the bigger dark tips on lol. The nozzle is humongous compared to the tip... opening. Inner diameter. Whatever.

edit: well, that was a got dam fight and a half. Jesus. But now that I got to pop them on and have an okay seal, I think, I gotta say these sound weird.

edit 2: Yeah, I can right away say these ain't for me. Not comfortable, can't seem to be able to get a good seal and some songs and higher notes just straight up make them sound like they're broken, they sound so.. Strange. I think the heart shape is cute, though, and the cable looks great (even if I don't like thick and heavy cables in practice). I dig the jewellery-like look.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2021 at 10:40 AM Post #1,122 of 1,619
^^^
Odd. You need to try different tips. If you don't get a good seal the IEM is not at fault but the tips you are using. Nozzle diameter is 5.91 mm. Lots of other IEM's are in that ball park. The Reecho SG-01 are 6.78mm and I really had a hard time with those...

Cheers.

Aug 27, 2021 at 2:35 PM Post #1,123 of 1,619
Ok, I feel stupid.
I decided to reverse the pins on my graphene cable. Apparently I've been using the wrong polarity on this particular cable the whole time, or the pinout on the GK10 is reversed.
If anyone has overwhelming midbass problems and hollow sound, try this. Whoops

Aug 27, 2021 at 2:52 PM Post #1,124 of 1,619
Ok, I feel stupid.
I decided to reverse the pins on my graphene cable. Apparently I've been using the wrong polarity on this particular cable the whole time, or the pinout on the GK10 is reversed.
If anyone has overwhelming midbass problems and hollow sound, try this. Whoops
I might try this one thing to salvage them. Else they're straight up going on for sale in next week or so.

Aug 27, 2021 at 4:56 PM Post #1,125 of 1,619
So after having the GK10s for a while now, aside from requiring EQ to not sound bad (IMO), my biggest problem with them is they are just plain not very isolating which, for me, is the reason I would use an IEM over an open-back headphone. Can't wear them outdoors or at the gym because I can hear everything. Can't even wear them indoors to drown out construction... bleh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back