Geek Wold Discussion
Aug 13, 2021 at 10:37 AM Post #931 of 1,619
Such a nice positive attitude AmericanSpirit!
Thank you! I certainly love GK10, it’s a new challenge to make a sound that can entertain the vast majority of the world, of which not like Americans who are mostly spoiled with one of the richest nation (on paper) in the world to enjoy the “good sound”, but to all other people of the earth who could barely live with $500 USD a month, the $46 gadget that can produce the sound of this kind, is a good opportunity.

I like this kind of innovative challenge, great frontier spirit, that’s very similar esprit that what I like about America when moved from Japan.

GK10 is not a cult, and by accepting constructive criticism and opinions from various input independent reviewers , such as @crinacle @Precogvision, and some comments with sort of lacking respect with some ill intentions of causing reactions, this GK10 community will be reaching to more “realistic” small recaptured or mirrored place of democratic discussion😄

We can do this all together, and make a world better place for people on earth to have better and even opportunities to enjoy the music with great equipments to reproduce or sometime adding colors to it😆

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2021 at 11:12 AM Post #932 of 1,619
The tuning for Believe is a bit too peaky on treble region to my liking, so tonality wise I prefer neutral with slight coloration on sibilance region which is GK10 with CP360 & L&P W2.

Believe meanwhile is too shouty or too sensitive (to modern recordings) from upper-mid, but I can see if orchestral mainly composed by strings are the main genre of the listener’s preference, Believe is the one of the best single DD to consider, technicalities are top notch(expect layering that multi-BAs could handle)

Believe: the upper-mid treble peak gain is the pros/cons section, bass floor gain is less than 10db, pretty nicely tuned compares to GK10, but they follow similar curve(note the scale on y-axis is 5db each here)
18549EC5-6963-4C0F-9B70-63C859470BCD.jpeg
GK10: Bass floor gain is around 10db, and overall high bass floor and lower-mid with stock tuning will be the pros/cons area of GK10
870AAF2A-45B4-4196-A7D2-DDD0B90503E1.jpeg
That is interesting. I have used the Believe on a variety of sources and do not find it peaky or shouty at all. It sounds natural and clean, but as usual, YMMV.

Aug 13, 2021 at 11:23 AM Post #933 of 1,619
That is interesting. I have used the Believe on a variety of sources and do not find it peaky or shouty at all. It sounds natural and clean, but as usual, YMMV.
Hmm maybe it’s source dependent then, I will try with other dap/dac when getting back from vacation🤔 

Aug 13, 2021 at 11:33 AM Post #934 of 1,619
I
Hmm maybe it’s source dependent then, I will try with other dap/dac when getting back from vacation🤔 
I have found the Believe very tip sensitive and at the moment am using some medium bore grey and yellow medium size tips which came with my Tin Hifi T3. I tried nearly all the tips which came with the Believe as well as Starlines, Spinfits and Spiral Dots. Some combinations did sound brighter and less smooth so it is a matter of trial and error. My preferred source is an Xduoo X20 DAP. I respect your opinions as you have experience of so many different IEMs.

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2021 at 11:44 AM Post #936 of 1,619
I'm really looking forward to getting my pair of GK10 here in about a week. All I have are a collection of KZ foam and starline tips. Are spinfits or spiral dots really much different from the starlines?

Aug 13, 2021 at 11:45 AM Post #937 of 1,619
I

I have found the Believe very tip sensitive and at the moment am using some medium bore grey and yellow medium size tips which came with my Tin Hifi T3. I tried nearly all the tips which came with the Believe as well as Starlines, Spinfits and Spiral Dots. Some combinations did sound brighter and less smooth so it is a matter of trial and error. My preferred source is an Xduoo X20 DAP. I respect your opinions as you have experience of so many different IEMs.
Thanks for the input! Likewise, I also respect your vast experience with IEMs and very sensitive analytical reviews of sound signature, especially going along with classical music it’s one of my go-to referencing!
I may try different tips / dap for believe then✌️

Aug 13, 2021 at 11:52 AM Post #938 of 1,619
I'm really looking forward to getting my pair of GK10 here in about a week. All I have are a collection of KZ foam and starline tips. Are spinfits or spiral dots really much different from the starlines?
If reversed Starlines provide pretty snug fit, but the cost is it sacrifices some diffusion of the sound, shaping a unique sound staging by adding extra echoing camber of the nozzle. With regular use, the starline is not much differ from other stock tips except the fit touch(which is below).

Ear tips are purely personal taste dependent and for my case, I’m picky, I like bass, but not tremendously boosted level as many of modern IEM are equipped with. As a solution, SpinFit CP360 helps to lower bass floor evenly by few decibels, retaining original sonic signature of the IEM and enhance transparency. And last but not least, it’s a very universal fit, great fit over long term listening is the first priority of my ear tips selection which SpinFit series has high standard with it.

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2021 at 12:23 PM Post #939 of 1,619
Thanks for the input! Likewise, I also respect your vast experience with IEMs and very sensitive analytical reviews of sound signature, especially going along with classical music it’s one of my go-to referencing!
I may try different tips / dap for believe then✌️

Thank you, I approach reviewing from a musical perspective and the emotional response more than the technical side which also is important. I find classical music an excellent genre for revealing the potential of an IEM: dynamic range, timbre, soundstage and frequency range all at the same time.

Aug 13, 2021 at 12:58 PM Post #940 of 1,619
If reversed Starlines provide pretty snug fit, but the cost is it sacrifices some diffusion of the sound, shaping a unique sound staging by adding extra echoing camber of the nozzle. With regular use, the starline is not much differ from other stock tips except the fit touch(which is below).

Ear tips are purely personal taste dependent and for my case, I’m picky, I like bass, but not tremendously boosted level as many of modern IEM are equipped with. As a solution, SpinFit CP360 helps to lower bass floor evenly by few decibels, retaining original sonic signature of the IEM and enhance transparency. And last but not least, it’s a very universal fit, great fit over long term listening is the first priority of my ear tips selection which SpinFit series has high standard with it.

thanks AS, and gotcha. I used Shure olive foams for years and have found a similar shaped offering on AliExpress that seems to work well enough (have them on my DQ6 now). I was surprised by the Starlines since I don't usually like silicone tips. I don't think I'd want anything that reduced bass in an earphone unless it was really over powering. I will reserve tweaking until after these arrive.

Aug 13, 2021 at 1:04 PM Post #941 of 1,619
Has anyone ordered from HiFiGo on Amazon? What color did you get? Their previous page was showing only red, now they are showing only blue ones. No mention of the color in the description though (other than the pictures). Is it random?

Aug 13, 2021 at 1:27 PM Post #942 of 1,619
Has anyone ordered from HiFiGo on Amazon? What color did you get? Their previous page was showing only red, now they are showing only blue ones. No mention of the color in the description though (other than the pictures). Is it random?
I ordered from HifiGo and got the red color.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 13, 2021 at 1:47 PM Post #943 of 1,619
We've removed several posts from the thread that were off-topic or against our Posting Guidelines. Thank you to everyone who brought the issue to our attention, and we appreciate those who kept the thread on-topic. Thank you everyone. Now let's keep the discussion focused on the GK10 going forward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back