Geek Wold Discussion
Aug 9, 2021 at 4:46 PM Post #811 of 1,619
I gotta say, I don't think he got a good fit. He complains about the cable pulling them out of his ears; all you have to do is turn it around the other way, so it's looping behind the wide end instead of over the bud itself.
  • Very bloated bass response, needs less mid-bass and bleed for my own personal enjoyment.
    • Bass extension is not great either. Doesn’t resolve the lowest octaves well, if at all

To say there is mid-bass but no sub is just....wrong. OutKast's "The Way You Move," or just a sine sweep, shows the lows are there. Could be a QC problem too, like the extra glue someone here reported. Seems like he came at it with a chip on his shoulder because it wasn't his special find.
Is very much possible but it's incorrect to speculate such spiteful behaviour from anyone considering we don't have much knowledge about him as a person. It's neither Geek Wold nor his loss if he didn't enjoy the IEM. The community is much bigger than him to make an IEM a success if it's indeed good. After all, he too is human like everyone. To err is to human. I mean there's a very slim chance that so many members will be dumb/incorrect to hype a garbage of an IEM. It's possible if it's a small cult of celebrity reviewers but not when almost 90% buyers on this forum are happy with them. He's probably in the 10% of the users who didn't find GK10 to their tastes and that too should be fine because none of us can hear what he hears and vice versa.

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2021 at 5:23 PM Post #812 of 1,619
I recieved my replacement GK10 from Penon yesterday.. Just got a chance to listen today and oh Man... Didn't realize how much information I was missing from that defective right earpiece... Everything has opened up.. The clarity, separation and presence have gone up 3 notches.. The Stage is truly 3 Dimensional...Everything just sounds Right! Didn't recieve a cable with the new set but that's OK.. I'm going to burn in, cable roll, and tip roll and wait for some more magic to happen!! Thanks GeeK Wold and Penon!!! I'll Be Back!
+1 I'll be getting my second pair soon! So, even though my first pair came out to be defective, I never asked for my money back because the awesome sound they can produce is just that good. Glad you like them!
Cheers! :beerchug:

Aug 9, 2021 at 5:28 PM Post #813 of 1,619
Deep insertion and cp360 tightened the bass for me. With most other tips there was too much bass bloom obscuring mids. Very happy as it stands using cp360.
Agreed. I have many other tips, most of them couldn’t handle mids and bass properly including xelastec(it tightens, but that kills transient response for GK10).
I pretty much appreciate someone recommended CP360 on Monarch thread, I had all other CP tips but that CP360, from the spec it looked close to other tips I had, but SpinFit really managed to make an universal solution for most of IEMs.
Now I’m using CP360 for almost all of my hybrids😁

Aug 9, 2021 at 5:34 PM Post #814 of 1,619
Today i sent back this 💩. Weak bass, no subs, cheap ba highs. Unique tuning, show some technicalities, but overall nothing special. The blon bl01 eat for breakfast this iem for half price. Cute try Geek Wold, im waiting for the GK100 :)

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2021 at 6:38 PM Post #817 of 1,619
Agreed. I have many other tips, most of them couldn’t handle mids and bass properly including xelastec(it tightens, but that kills transient response for GK10).
I pretty much appreciate someone recommended CP360 on Monarch thread, I had all other CP tips but that CP360, from the spec it looked close to other tips I had, but SpinFit really managed to make an universal solution for most of IEMs.
Now I’m using CP360 for almost all of my hybrids😁

So now I need to order CP360, huh? Just spent loads of money on tips :laughing: I own the other SF, but not that one. What about regular azlas, etc?

Aug 9, 2021 at 7:55 PM Post #821 of 1,619
No I'm not, that's my humble opinion.

Bad idea to publicly dislike a product in a hype train thread.... :wink: Reminds me when I voiced my opinion of the horribleness of KZ ZST a few years back, the first KZ hybrid, in the KZ thread and how the LG Quadbeat 3 was eating it for breakfast. Today it's accepted that the ZST is horrible and one of the worst KZ but back then it was absolute blasphemy.

I bought a GK10 a couple of days ago so I can hear it for myself and see if my current belief there is not much more to it than people being mesmerized by some piezo zing holds or not.

Aug 9, 2021 at 8:23 PM Post #822 of 1,619
Bad idea to publicly dislike a product in a hype train thread.... :wink: Reminds me when I voiced my opinion of the horribleness of KZ ZST a few years back, the first KZ hybrid, in the KZ thread and how the LG Quadbeat 3 was eating it for breakfast. Today it's accepted that the ZST is horrible and one of the worst KZ but back then it was absolute blasphemy.

I bought a GK10 a couple of days ago so I can hear it for myself and see if my current belief there is not much more to it than people being mesmerized by some piezo zing holds or not.
I agree. The only true thing in this hype the first time listening little wow factor. This iem really not sound like an 5$ looking plastic heart. Its sound like a 46$-ish plastic heart :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 9, 2021 at 10:25 PM Post #823 of 1,619
I thought the CP360 would increase the bass,
being a smaller bore?
I'm ordering the Azla Crystal,
anyone have both to compare?

Aug 9, 2021 at 10:42 PM Post #824 of 1,619

We've all seen it before.
Given time a middle ground will exist.
I'm currently on the fence whilst burning in.
One point I will remind people is that this is a 5 driver per ear unit for $46. Whilst the tuning is very well done can you really expect any of these drivers to be best in class at the frequency they are covering?

Aug 10, 2021 at 12:47 AM Post #825 of 1,619
I thought the CP360 would increase the bass,
being a smaller bore?
I'm ordering the Azla Crystal,
anyone have both to compare?

CP360 has a reasonably wide bore. It is also very shallow, bringing the nozzle grill closer to the ear canal. A combination of both wide and shallow seems to reduce bass quantity / resonance which otherwise adds very little.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back