Geek Wold Discussion
Jul 31, 2021 at 10:31 AM Post #436 of 1,619
His unit was sent to him from a kind user on this forum I believe, with circa 30 hours 'burn-in'.

There is just no way I hear the bass his graph shows...there would be very little else to hear, but there's plenty on show. Beautiful texture, top to bottom.
Yes, I was A-B tested with Blessing2 last night and concluded GK10 surpasses Blessing2’s DD bass unit. No way Blessing2 could rated below 30/100.

My grading for B2 is 86/100 vs 85/200 GK10. They are on par with different scales, natural timbre and accurate positioning for Blessing2, wide diffusion field and nuance expressions with GK10.

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2021 at 10:33 AM Post #437 of 1,619
Yes, I was A-B tested with Blessing2 last night and concluded GK10 surpasses Blessing2’s DD bass unit. No way Blessing2 could rated 30/100

Who knows what's going on. I'm just feeling lucky my unit sounds nothing like his descriptions.

Jul 31, 2021 at 10:39 AM Post #438 of 1,619
Maybe there's a trick, and they forgot to mention that the sound profile depends on the color of the faceplate? :)

Jul 31, 2021 at 10:41 AM Post #439 of 1,619
I was A-B tested
Sorry OOT, how do you usually do AB testing? Using splitter and connecting to the same source?
I want to do some AB testing too but not sure how to do it.

Thanks

Jul 31, 2021 at 10:45 AM Post #440 of 1,619
Who knows what's going on. I'm just feeling lucky my unit sounds nothing like his descriptions.
Yea we will see in later comments from 100s of GK10s incoming.
Sorry OOT, how do you usually do AB testing? Using splitter and connecting to the same source?
I want to do some AB testing too but not sure how to do it.

Thanks
Yes I usually use a tracks to test: recommend with PCM original CD:

here’s some tracks
Electronica:

Full Orchestral:

My personal niche (Tibetan monk mandala offering chants): a good IEM could form a hypo-soprano overtone harmonics from baritones, very unique eastern chant technics, maybe application of Khoomei(overtone singing), but monks chant do not produce actual soprano overtones, is just in ones own head. GK10’s bass separation capacity handles those low frequency harmonics very well.

Treble&Bass frequency and speed test

my favorite ambient artist Brian Eno and his son Roger Eno’s latest albums Mixing Colors got a great tracks with extensive mid harmonics:

Piano timbre:

J-Pop: my favorite Yorushika’s 2020
album:

Jazz: Hiromi’s masterpiece, actually she played at Tokyo Olympic’s opening ceremony
😳
I’m so glad because I’ve joined her private live when I was studying in Boston, she was still a Berkley School of Music student back then. I’ve purchased all physical CDs since I know her, very modern jazz

EDM: Tiesto, I attended his US tour right before covid outbreak in Jan 2019 at Toronto, one of best club in North America, and I had this song played at the club, so this song I know real tracks on scene

Electronica: my fav dope track, greaf mix of ethnics and psy trance, they even used Mongolian traditional

Classical: I couldn’t find any youtube links but it was a album of Gabriel Faure, it has great full chorus, and Holst’s planets by LSO.
For full orchestral, my favorite test tracks are Vienna phil’s Mussorgsky pictures at an exhibition: great gate of kiev

Anime song: my favorite anime Nonnonbiyori’s ED

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2021 at 10:48 AM Post #441 of 1,619
Yea we will see in later comments from 100s of GK10s incoming.

Yes I usually use a tracks to test: recommend with PCM original CD:

here’s some tracks
Electronica:

Full Orchestral:

My personal niche (Tibetan monk mandala offering chants): a good IEM could form a hypo-soprano overtone harmonics from baritones, very unique eastern chant technics, maybe application of Khoomei(overtone singing), but monks chant do not produce actual soprano overtones, is just in ones own head. GK10’s bass separation capacity handles those low frequency harmonics very well.

Treble&Bass frequency and speed test

my favorite ambient artist Brian Eno and his son Roger Eno’s latest albums Mixing Colors got a great tracks with extensive mid harmonics:

Piano timbre:

J-Pop: my favorite Yorushika’s 2020
album:

Jazz: Hiromi’s masterpiece, actually she played at Tokyo Olympic’s opening ceremony
😳
I’m so glad because I’ve joined her private live when I was studying in Boston, she was still a Berkley School of Music student back then. I’ve purchased all physical CDs since I know her, very modern jazz

EDM: Tiesto, I attended his US tour right before covid outbreak in Jan 2019 at Toronto, one of best club in North America, and I had this song played at the club, so this song I know real tracks on scene

Electronica: my fav dope track, greaf mix of ethnics and psy trance, they even used Mongolian traditional

Classical: I couldn’t find any youtube links but it was a album of Gabriel Faure, it has great full chorus, and Holst’s planets by LSO.
For full orchestral, my favorite test tracks are Vienna phil’s Mussorgsky pictures at an exhibition: great gate of kiev

Anime song: my favorite anime Nonnonbiyori’s ED

Thank you so much

Jul 31, 2021 at 10:55 AM Post #442 of 1,619

This is a really fun listen on the GK10. The bass isn't overbearing either, which is surprising as it's the focus of the track and some graphs of the GK10 would suggest it would be.

Jul 31, 2021 at 10:56 AM Post #443 of 1,619
Thank you so much
I generally just repeat same tracks/phrases, ideally with same cable/same eartips(or best fitting tips for that IEMs), same settings to exclude variables other than IEM’s reproduction capability

Jul 31, 2021 at 11:10 AM Post #444 of 1,619
If there are any lurkers out there who have got the GK10 in-hand, post your impressions please :) !

Can't let this become an echo chamber of the same few people (including me) singing its praises.

What are you guys hearing?

Jul 31, 2021 at 11:45 AM Post #445 of 1,619
He doesnt seem to be a burn in type of person so take that for what it is.

There is no way his set should have bass that dominant though even out of the box. My set wasn't great out of the box as well.

If I based my sound assessment out of the box on all my earphones. I would say 95% of them would all suck to be honest.

Come to think of it the only earphone all this year that didn't suck out of the box was the recent Yanyin Aladdin I recently got.

Heck I remember listening to the Solaris the first time out of the box. I thought I got hornswaggled. Sounded nothing like how they were described. Bass was anemic no way was that a $1500 earphone was my thought. Lol.

His set is actually my set. I burned it in and listened to it for approximately 35-40 hours before I dropped it off at his house. I didn't plug the holes or anything.

I can honestly say I don't hear the same colossal bass bump. I had a good seal with my large RHA double-density silicon tips, too. It may just come down to different ears hearing different things, or being bothered (or not) by the same things, or whatever.

I really like my set regardless of what anyone else says, even what my good friend up the road says. Do I like them as much as some guys? No not really. But I still like them a lot, regardless. Cheers!

Jul 31, 2021 at 12:20 PM Post #448 of 1,619
Precogs graph is not measured correctly, or his GK10 is busted (poor QC).
If people want to debunk and trash a "hype train" for being misleading, poor measurements should be equally trashed and debunked or those people are hypocrites.

I posted an A/B update in that thread.

"I think people get off on trying to discredit others or a "hype train".
I've seen 4 graphs already, and this one doesn't match up from 20hz-400hz for me.

I'm not getting the same massive bump from 20hz to 80hz with stock tips. I am from some other tips, so ymmv.
The 6kHz dip is real. Boost a few dB and it's fine.
Cut ~60-100hz a bit, Boost 6Khz and 16kHz.

I'm A/Bing this with an HE6se V2 and Moondrop Aria on a Gustard X16, Monoprice 887, and Schiit Lokius. The HE6se V2 smokes everything, as it should.
The Aria has noticeably more bass in the same regions than the GK10. If you go by Precogs graph, the GK10 would have ~10dB+ more bass than the Aria. That is simply not true on my GK10. If you compare a bit more down the response, you'll notice the Aria and GK10 measure somewhat similar and both benefit with the EQ tweaks above.
So if the GK10 is crap, then the Aria must be hot garbage right?

Now that I've had a chance to A/B, I do think the low end could have been tuned a bit better, but I'm not hearing anywhere near what Precog is describing in the mids and highs. It still sounds better than the Aria, and that is punching well above it's price already.

Either QC is suspect (very possible for the $45), or Precogs measurements are wildly off.
(Not one headphone or IEM at any price range has not benefitted from EQ adjustments for me for specific songs/albums. If you don't want to EQ that's your choice)."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back