Geek Wold Discussion
Jul 28, 2021 at 2:37 PM Post #287 of 1,619
There is definitely a BA in the nozzle. I'm guessing the piezos are stacked coaxially on top of one of the DDs (probably the 8mm one).
Yes, there's a BA in the nozzle.

20210728_203458.jpg

I remember Dsnuts was mentioning that they put the DDs on the both side of rounded edges. And I was guessing piezos on the top of DDs as well.

Jul 28, 2021 at 2:38 PM Post #288 of 1,619
I'd like to see the design inside and how they fit those 5 drivers in the body. I wonder if anyone willing teardown and show how these ridiculously so light...
They are VERY light aren't they.

I struggled to get ANY of my ear tips to stay on my right side unit, so I tried the OEM tips and found the usual issue that I have with most tips, which is that the small is a little too small, and the medium is just a touch too snug for any long sessions to remain comfortable.
My go-to tips are Xelastec's, Triple comforts or the regular OEM tips from IMR, but tip-flipped (I find these work great on many of my sets when flipped).
Of these only the Xelastec's would stay on. Same with many of my other tips. I wasn't keen on the physical fit of the Xelastec's on these (I only tried medium small so far) so I tried flipping the small translucent OEM Geek tips, and they're perfect. Reasonably deep fit, comfortable and well sealed, and so far they've not been left behind in my ear like everything else I tried. Nice and secure.

Jul 28, 2021 at 2:45 PM Post #289 of 1,619
I believe that the DD located below (marked with white) is handling the low frequencies as it needs air to rumble. And there's is ventilation hole right there facing with it.

And the one located above (marked yellow) is handling the mids.
20210728_204025.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2021 at 2:50 PM Post #290 of 1,619
I believe that the DD located below (marked with white) is handling the low frequencies as it needs air to rumble. And there's is ventilation hole right there facing with it.

And the one located above (marked yellow) is handling the mids.
20210728_204025.jpg
I don't think the smaller DD is there. That should be where the 2 pin connecter is. There also needs to be some room for a crossover circuit. I think the 7mm DD is closer to the nozzle and the 8mm DD is bit more over to the right, closer to the vent hole.

Jul 28, 2021 at 2:55 PM Post #291 of 1,619
Mine is black based with a tiny hint of green, love the coloring♠️
I was going to purchase that color, but they ran out of them and had to settle for "blue".

Makes me think of songs like:

Blue
Blue, Blue, my Life is Blue
Blue Moon
Blue Suede Shoes
Blue Jean
Blue Bayou
Blue Eyes
Blue Eyes Blue
Blue Christmas
Blue Skies
Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain
Blue Velvet
Blue Ain't Your Color
Blue Island
Blue Lights
Blue Highway
Blue Moon of Kentucky
Blue on Blue
Blue Collar Man
Blue on Black
Blue Memories
Blue Morning in the Rain
Blue Monday
Blue (Ba, Da, Dee)
Blue is the Warmest Color
Blue and Sentimental
Blue Gardenia
Blue on Blue
Blue Eyes Blind

So, a true follower will dye their hair blue as well. But, I'm still "blue and sad" that I couldn't get GREEN.

Cheers! :tired_face:

-Clear

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2021 at 2:58 PM Post #292 of 1,619
I was going to purchase that color, but they ran out of them and had to settle for "blue".

Makes me think of songs like:

Blue
Blue, Blue, my Life is Blue
Blue Moon
Blue Suede Shoes
Blue Jean
Blue Bayou
Blue Eyes
Blue Eyes Blue
Baby Blue Eyes
Blue Christmas
Blue Skies
Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain
Blue Velvet
Blue Ain't Your Color
Blue Island
Blue Lights
Blue Highway
Blue Moon of Kentucky
Blue on Blue
Blue Collar Man
Blue on Black
Blue Memories
Blue Morning in the Rain
Blue Monday
Blue (Ba, Da, Dee)
Blue is the Warmest Color
Blue and Sentimental
Blue Gardenia
Blue on Blue
Blue Eyes Blind

So, a true follower will dye their hair blue as well. But, I'm still "blue and sad" that I couldn't get GREEN.

Cheers! :tired_face:

-Clear
Nothing wrong with blue.
1627498725560.png

Jul 28, 2021 at 3:00 PM Post #293 of 1,619
They are VERY light aren't they.

I struggled to get ANY of my ear tips to stay on my right side unit, so I tried the OEM tips and found the usual issue that I have with most tips, which is that the small is a little too small, and the medium is just a touch too snug for any long sessions to remain comfortable.
My go-to tips are Xelastec's, Triple comforts or the regular OEM tips from IMR, but tip-flipped (I find these work great on many of my sets when flipped).
Of these only the Xelastec's would stay on. Same with many of my other tips. I wasn't keen on the physical fit of the Xelastec's on these (I only tried medium small so far) so I tried flipping the small translucent OEM Geek tips, and they're perfect. Reasonably deep fit, comfortable and well sealed, and so far they've not been left behind in my ear like everything else I tried. Nice and secure.
I usually stick with the foam tips.
I don't think the smaller DD is there. That should be where the 2 pin connecter is. There also needs to be some room for a crossover circuit. I think the 7mm DD is closer to the nozzle and the 8mm DD is bit more over to the right, closer to the vent hole.
Yes, you're right. I didn't think about 2pin connector and crossover circuit.

I think the ventilation hole still goes to the 7mm DD handling the low frequencies. But the 8mm DD handling the mids maybe located in the middle of the body close to the nozzle.

Because I see two ventilation holes as usual. One is for they body (marked red) and one for the DD (marked white).

20210728_205544.jpg

Jul 28, 2021 at 3:06 PM Post #296 of 1,619
I usually stick with the foam tips.

Yes, you're right. I didn't think about 2pin connector and crossover circuit.

I think the ventilation hole still goes to the 7mm DD handling the low frequencies. But the 8mm DD handling the mids maybe located in the middle of the body close to the nozzle.

Because I see two ventilation holes as usual. One is for they body (marked red) and one for the DD (marked white).

20210728_205544.jpg
I believe the 8mm DD is the one that does the bass.

Jul 28, 2021 at 3:22 PM Post #297 of 1,619
My set from Penon just arrived. Due to a bad cold I sadly can't listen OOTB so I'm going to burn them in for a couple days. Really liking the faceplate colors.0727211511_HDR.jpg

This is gorgeous! So much variation...definitely has the 'lucky dip' appeal.

Jul 28, 2021 at 3:39 PM Post #298 of 1,619
Just got mine. Nice woody green! Sound best so far with tried and true AZLA SednaEarfitLight. These already (after 10 min.) sound quite capable. NO bloat.
Is there a consensus on which reasonably priced cable (4.4) sounds best?
Also, the cable that came with mine is different from the pics I see in the threads here on Head-fi. Mine has a silver 90 degree 3.5 termination and silver ends w/ a R and L on the barrels. Plus a mic on the right side....

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2021 at 3:42 PM Post #300 of 1,619
Just got mine. Nice woody green! Sound best so far with tried and true AZLA SednaEarfitLight. These already (after 10 min.) sound quite capable. NO bloat.
Is there a consensus on which reasonably priced cable (4.4) sounds best?

I'm actually using the Isabellae cable on mine at the moment, sounds great (and a thicker 22AWG OCC cable on the Isa). Think it will sound great with most cables though. Have a XIHNS silver & copper mix on the way to try out too.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back