Geek Wold Discussion
Jul 25, 2021 at 9:49 PM Post #107 of 1,619
Something is off on that graph. No way am I hearing a big mid bass hump that is on that graph. These dont have an artificial murky lower mids or anything of the sort. Its like the center of his graph was deliberately moved forward on it to make it look like there is a big mid bass hump or something. Dont know..

If you raised the 1K dip up about 5dbs that is what the graph should look like.

What is more interesting is this is coming from a guy that was supposedly a bass head at one point. Something that might looks like that graph might appeal to a bass head. these have bass but not like that.

Of course you guys know that dude never burns in anything. I was told from Fiio they might burn in stuff for him before they send him stuff to review as he likes to assess right out of the box and dog on an earphone that sounds completely different after burn in. The GK10 needs burn in. It has 5 drivers and two of them are dynamics. Especially the bass end being Titanium coated.

I saw a much different looking graph than that was posted on the discovery thread that looks a lot like how I am hearing these. I don't know if that poster took it down as I cant find it anymore but that graph looked way more balanced and nothing like this graph we are seeing.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2021 at 9:56 PM Post #108 of 1,619
Ya here it is
1627264530716.png

This one seems way more accurate to what I am hearing. This persons graph up to about 12Khz looks like what its supposed to sound like.

This graph makes the GK10 look like an entirely different earphone. Mid bass hump. Lol.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2021 at 11:00 PM Post #109 of 1,619
I attached the above graph to the first post on this thread as I think this is the closest we have to an accurate FR right now...

Jul 25, 2021 at 11:17 PM Post #111 of 1,619
Something is off on that graph. No way am I hearing a big mid bass hump that is on that graph. These dont have an artificial murky lower mids or anything of the sort. Its like the center of his graph was deliberately moved forward on it to make it look like there is a big mid bass hump or something. Dont know..

If you raised the 1K dip up about 5dbs that is what the graph should look like.

What is more interesting is this is coming from a guy that was supposedly a bass head at one point. Something that might looks like that graph might appeal to a bass head. these have bass but not like that.

Of course you guys know that dude never burns in anything. I was told from Fiio they might burn in stuff for him before they send him stuff to review as he likes to assess right out of the box and dog on an earphone that sounds completely different after burn in. The GK10 needs burn in. It has 5 drivers and two of them are dynamics. Especially the bass end being Titanium coated.

I saw a much different looking graph than that was posted on the discovery thread that looks a lot like how I am hearing these. I don't know if that poster took it down as I cant find it anymore but that graph looked way more balanced and nothing like this graph we are seeing.
how many hours at least for burn-in ?

Jul 25, 2021 at 11:24 PM Post #112 of 1,619
Heck they sounded damn good out of the box actually but they do need burn in.

They start sounding correct after just one night or 24 hours actually. It wasn't till the 3rd day they really started to sound even more refined. I did mine for a week straight. My pair sounds fantastic and no way does my pair have any type of muddiness or grain in any part of the sound.

Bass tightens, mids expand and smooths out a touch and treble sounds cleaner more precise after burn in which increases imaging and detail. Of course better cables and an optimized tip helps a lot for the sound. The GK10 does extremely well with wider bored tips like the Spiral dots or Azla tips. They sound great using Symbio W tips as well.

Jul 25, 2021 at 11:58 PM Post #115 of 1,619
Like I said before I wouldnt put too much stock on that graph. You guys be the judge. I have asked for an official graph we will see what it really looks like.
I WOULD put stock in the graph. It's what it's graphing right before your eyes and BGGAR graphs lots of IEMs with no issues. The real question has to be if he has a bad set or if there is a lot of set variation with this rollout or in general poor QC which as we all know is a very real thing.

Jul 26, 2021 at 12:06 AM Post #116 of 1,619
We are aiming to find out. The only thing I can think that would make his graph look like that is if the mids driver is off somehow or not firing with the rest of the drivers . Which would make it seem there is a big mid bass hump. We will see. That graph looks like it is missing about 5 dbs at 1Khz.

I asked for a graph for it. I have a feeling it will look a lot like the one posted earlier on the laptop.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2021 at 12:15 AM Post #118 of 1,619
That looks just like the graph on the laptop. Main difference I am seeing between these graphs. HBBs graph is centered at 1Khz. Which makes it look like there is big mid bass hump. Penon graph mids dip is centered at 750hz. which makes things much better balanced and how I am hearing these.

Off by 250hz?

Like I said folks. When you get your GK10. Listen to them. You tell us if your hear a big nasty mid bass hump.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back