Geek Wold Discussion
Aug 17, 2021 at 3:36 AM Post #991 of 1,619
Interesting. Shape reminds me of Shure SE215, except SE215 has largest frequency peak at 8K.
73405D8E-8F1D-4515-A640-6CBB3A77148A.jpeg

Aug 17, 2021 at 7:10 AM Post #994 of 1,619
If you are willing to poke the vent next to connector to clear it of glue and measure the FR again, it will be interesting to see how the graph changes (if any!) as many (myself included) hear a notable difference in vibrancy and balance.
After poking the vents the mid bass on my set is almost flat and gives the impression of a BA bass.

Aug 17, 2021 at 7:19 AM Post #996 of 1,619
If I was going to have to (re)build this from parts, I'd have preferred they bag them separately and let me do my own soldering.

Aug 17, 2021 at 9:43 AM Post #999 of 1,619
For anyone who has got a iFi audio hip dac, the GK10 sounds fantastic out of it. I've got a Yin yoo 16 core silver plated cable (4.4 balanced) on them with a pair of Spinfit CP100 tips. It doesn't need much power to shine and doesn't need the bass boost or power match. I'm just listening to Jean-Michel Jarre's Planet Jarre album and just loving the sound. I had a pair of the red wood with the original cable and find that I can't get a proper seal with the original cable due to the bulk of the 2 pin plug and added tubing, but once I swap the cable out I don't get any fit issues.

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2021 at 9:48 AM Post #1,000 of 1,619
For anyone who has got a iFi audio hip dac, the GK10 sounds fantastic out of it. I've got a Yin yoo 16 core silver plated cable (4.4 balanced) on them with a pair of Spinfit CP100 tips. It doesn't need much power to shine and doesn't need the bass boost or power match. I'm just listening to Jean-Michel Jarre's Planet Jarre album and just loving the sound. I had a pair of the red wood with the original cable and find that I can't get a proper seal with the original cable due to the bulk of the 2 pin plug and added tubing, but once I swap the cable out I don't get any fit issues.
I agree. I use the hip-dac 4.4 with a silver plated copper TRi cable.........and as you say it sounds fantastic.

Aug 17, 2021 at 1:45 PM Post #1,001 of 1,619
With such divisive views on these IEMs, I'm super excited to receive my GK10s and they should arrive in a couple of days as they're stuck in customs. Probably might suit a significant section of music library if the midbass impressions are on point.

Want to see how they fare against my sub $50 hybrid benchmark BQEYZ KB100. They're arguably most natural sounding hybrids in that price range and have almost everything on point with a balanced sound signature.

Good or bad, I'll definitely cherish them as they're my first blind buy in over 2 years. 😁

Aug 17, 2021 at 1:57 PM Post #1,002 of 1,619
Wow! I just did this after reading your post, and it's completely transformed my set. The dull midrange is gone, and now the sound is very "alive". Thanks for sharing your finding.

Now it's time for me to get to know the real Geek.
I’m happy that many are hearing what Others referring the good stuff about GK10👍

Aug 17, 2021 at 4:34 PM Post #1,003 of 1,619
With such divisive views on these IEMs, I'm super excited to receive my GK10s and they should arrive in a couple of days as they're stuck in customs. Probably might suit a significant section of music library if the midbass impressions are on point.

Want to see how they fare against my sub $50 hybrid benchmark BQEYZ KB100. They're arguably most natural sounding hybrids in that price range and have almost everything on point with a balanced sound signature.

Good or bad, I'll definitely cherish them as they're my first blind buy in over 2 years. 😁
I am a big fan of the BQEYZ KB100. It's probably one of the most underrated IEMs I have heard. Hopefully if you get a good copy of the GK10's you are in for a treat.

Aug 18, 2021 at 2:43 AM Post #1,005 of 1,619
I have both & as much as I like the Tri-i3...I have several sets I'd choose over them. Invariably I'd choose GK10 over all others in my collection...imho.
Minimal shell weight - perfect seal - zero cold metal contact - higher end 3D holophonic performance - are the killer Geek features for me in comparison! :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back