Geek Wold Discussion
Aug 5, 2021 at 12:28 PM Post #631 of 1,619
-GK10's fit could be improved, the nozzle is too short and thus "requires many users to fit it in a deeper region of the ear canal" which in a long run, will cause discomfort

I would agree with all your other points but this one. I think this matter will be entirely personal. The nozzle length is fine for me and the sound improves with deeper insertion and wider bore tips.

Aug 5, 2021 at 2:40 PM Post #632 of 1,619
Thats funny that so many came up with the improvement ideas, but noone is ready to adress the bigest issue of the product.
And this is QC.
What the matter of improvements if there's a ginormous unit variation.
I think implementing consistent production process at first is the major goal.
Becase I personally can't think of Geekwold as a reliable brand after what we seen.

Aug 5, 2021 at 2:54 PM Post #633 of 1,619
Thats funny that so many came up with the improvement ideas, but noone is ready to adress the bigest issue of the product.
And this is QC.
What the matter of improvements if there's a ginormous unit variation.
I think implementing consistent production process at first is the major goal.
Becase I personally can't think of Geekwold as a reliable brand after what we seen.

This has already been fed back to them by Penon. Rightfully, anyone who has had issues should be highlighting them here. I didn't mention QC because I expect good QC with minimal unit variation as a bare minimum. Also, having not personally encountered these issues I felt it more appropriate to talk from my own perspective.

I think some of the stories are very unfortunate. The more we hear from people with issues the better - nobody is trying to hide anything here. The more information we have, the better the subsequent product. That's my two cents anyway...

Aug 5, 2021 at 4:00 PM Post #635 of 1,619
Fantastic IEM. Well tuned. Top class IEM. 10/10.
Agreed.

Listening to Slabo Day by Peter Green right now. Wow. Just wow.

BTW the Geeks need an amp. Tested with my (crappy) Android phone without the Topping NX4 and it is just meh. The NX4 - yeah. It's good. On my PC I am using the Loxjie A30. Yep, they need an amp to unravel properly. I guess it adds dynamic. Sorry, I cannot use all the 'normal' jargon, because I believe it means different things for different people (ears).

Cheers.

Aug 5, 2021 at 4:05 PM Post #636 of 1,619
Nope.

No need.

It's just a matter of finding the right tips. ATM SpinFit work well for me.

For the price these things sound really awesome.

DSNuts: Damn you... :) It's your fault that I jumped onto this train and got the Reecho SG-01 along for the ride...

Cheers.
Hey don't blame the messenger. I have nothing to do with the delinquency of fellow enthusiasts.

Aug 5, 2021 at 4:51 PM Post #637 of 1,619
GK10s with good copper cable ..Effect Audio Aries…and Sedna Aelastic tips blow up if driven through external amp ! Using Cayin N3pro linear tube circuit in to Oppo HA2 they have fantastic bass slam clear minds and airy detailed highs that is wonderful listening experience with Aja’s Spira Mirabellus, an album difficult to play properly on almost all iems. A reference experience I use to demo the set to friends who can’t believe what they cost and immediately order… Bravo Geek World!
They rival Oriolus Reborn, EE Bravado Mk2 and other 800$ earphones…..downside is bad recordings sound terrible and even within same album some tracks just sound perfect and others fuzzy…depends on well they were mastered…

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2021 at 5:32 PM Post #638 of 1,619
Agreed.

BTW the Geeks need an amp. Tested with my (crappy) Android phone without the Topping NX4 and it is just meh. The NX4 - yeah. It's good. On my PC I am using the Loxjie A30. Yep, they need an amp to unravel properly. I guess it adds dynamic. Sorry, I cannot use all the 'normal' jargon, because I believe it means different things for different people (ears).

Cheers.
Yep with amp and better cable they are a different beast and GROWL at you with savage energy and lyrical timbre. …. Almost miraculous…..

Aug 5, 2021 at 6:22 PM Post #639 of 1,619
Agreed.

Cheers.
Slabo day is one of the greatest tracks ever. Peter Green one of the great guitarists. What is strange that he never played lead on any version of Slabo Day. Snowy White played lead on the studio version and the live versions.

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2021 at 9:19 PM Post #641 of 1,619
Nice to meet you! What I'd request is if the GK100 is an upgrade then it should have a modular cable with freedom to choose termination basis source gears. Also, a better assortment of tips, considering most top class tips are easily accessible in China. That would easily take the new offering a couple of notches higher.

The way you have described your favoured sound is very much in alignment with I love in my IEMs. A mini speaker inside the ears. Looking forward to your new and improved offerings.
I'm the opposite. I don't want fancy accessories and packaging.
As long as the cable is of reasonable quality, fitting to the price, then that is good enough to me. I don't want multiple terminations, I'd rather buy after market items that I need/want than have then forced upon me. The new GK10 cable looks to be fit for purpose for the next model.

We all have our own preference when it comes to tips, so, again, I'm happy with minimum and to buy my personal preference after market (not that I need to as already have a tip mountain!).

Packaging will hit the recycle bin once I've confirmed that all is fine with the item, so again basic is good. I suspect that the majority of sales will be on line, so no need for fancy packaging to stand out on a store shelf to encourage sales.

Aug 5, 2021 at 11:03 PM Post #642 of 1,619
Maybe have those adaptor cables/plugs as separate optional add-ons? People who don't want them will be really annoyed to have to pay for extra clutter. And tbh they are not too difficult to outsource nowadays, unless the included cable matches the sound of the GK100 so well that anything else can be considered a downgrade

Aug 5, 2021 at 11:34 PM Post #643 of 1,619
Maybe have those adaptor cables/plugs as separate optional add-ons? People who don't want them will be really annoyed to have to pay for extra clutter. And tbh they are not too difficult to outsource nowadays, unless the included cable matches the sound of the GK100 so well that anything else can be considered a downgrade
Agreed, simple package, add-on options for who wants it. Keep the minimum line lowest possible so it will have a wider entry. We use same selling options for automotive industry too.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2021 at 12:28 AM Post #644 of 1,619
Is this the beginning of the end for my GK10 for me?

My GK10 started experiencing an "internal electrical short" just the other day and what happened next is disappointing! I wrote to "Penon Audio" about it, but they haven't replied.

So, this is what I wrote to Penon Audio in my email...

Hello Penon Audio representative,

I only had the GEEK WOLD GK10 in "blue" for around a week and there is something wrong with them. The right side started to sound low yesterday with static coming from the tweeters. Then, the left side began to sound low today. Now, it barely has any bass. I feel very disappointed that they would internally breakdown so fast. Please help me with this situation. This is a terrible experience only owning them for a little over one week. The detachable cable, accessories, and package is okay, but only the earphone units are sounding bad. Can you send me only another pair of left and right units? I want to send these defective earphone units back!

...There's no way I'm trying to derail this moment, since they are an awesome product. But, I just want what I paid for. It should be fairly easy for Penon Audio, or GK10 to honor my request, since I live and work in China.

-Clear

Users who are viewing this thread

Back