Geek Wold Discussion
Aug 5, 2021 at 6:27 AM Post #616 of 1,619
Well, I'd say the balance with GK leans towards the technical but the DDs are quite expressive and theres a nice emotive impact and presence to the bass. I hope it works out for you, they're definitely the most comfortable IEM I own. Keep us updated on how it goes!

Sure! I'm not too worried - even if the GK10s aren't for me, having them should help me narrow down what I like and don't like even better, or at the very least ask for better recommendations later on.

I'm probably going to be trying the Moondrop Aria and maybe the Final Audio E3000 soon too.

Aug 5, 2021 at 6:28 AM Post #617 of 1,619
Sure! I'm not too worried - even if the GK10s aren't for me, having them should help me narrow down what I like and don't like even better, or at the very least ask for better recommendations later on.

I'm probably going to be trying the Moondrop Aria and maybe the Final Audio E3000 soon too.
True, having them as a reference would be great too especially considering their cost

Aug 5, 2021 at 6:31 AM Post #618 of 1,619
True, having them as a reference would be great too especially considering their cost

Yeah, exactly. Slightly off-topic, but you got any resources for tweaking the Aria sound? I'm a complete newbie when it comes to IEM tips and filters and... Well, newbie to IEMs in general, I guess.

I am a real fan of the Blon 03. I have two pairs of them and amazing performance to price ratio. Just as the Blon 03's are a groundbeaking IEM for the cost, the Geek Wold GK10 is even more so. One of the most coherent IEMs I have heard.....up to £500. Tuned superbly. Shell though is Mickey Mouse (kinda cute though) and it needs a cable and tip upgrade to really excel. For some this will be their end-game IEM. Hard to fathom how a $45 IEM can be THAT good.

That's some high praise! What tips would you recommend for the GK10?

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2021 at 6:39 AM Post #620 of 1,619
I want to try more IEMs and really understand if IEMs could work for me (I want something isolating in addition to my open-back cans and there's a lot more IEMs around than closed-back cans), so I decided to pre-order these from Penon Audio. The page wasn't clear when I should expect them to ship it, but I hope it's relatively soon.

Curious to hear how these sound compared to my Blon BL-03 (pretty enjoyable but nothing mindblowing) and Fiio FH3 (nope, hate them).
Give or take BL03 will cost you about the same as GK10 considering you will spend some $2-3 on tips and a $10 on cable. So for $5 increment, GK10 or even Moondrop SSP would make more sense at this point in time.

IMO BL-03 has lost it's wow factor now with so many brilliant offerings in and around the $50 mark. KZ DQ6 is most likely the best one under $50 to give price to performance ratio. I'm yet to receive my GK10 so my opinions might change if the hype is real and I don't get a lemon😁

Aug 5, 2021 at 6:57 AM Post #621 of 1,619
Give or take BL03 will cost you about the same as GK10 considering you will spend some $2-3 on tips and a $10 on cable. So for $5 increment, GK10 or even Moondrop SSP would make more sense at this point in time.

IMO BL-03 has lost it's wow factor now with so many brilliant offerings in and around the $50 mark. KZ DQ6 is most likely the best one under $50 to give price to performance ratio. I'm yet to receive my GK10 so my opinions might change if the hype is real and I don't get a lemon😁

It's pretty nuts how rapidly IEMs seem to be getting better and cheaper. The KZ DQ6 sounds worth checking out too, think I'm gonna add it to the list!

Aug 5, 2021 at 7:05 AM Post #622 of 1,619
Yeah, exactly. Slightly off-topic, but you got any resources for tweaking the Aria sound? I'm a complete newbie when it comes to IEM tips and filters and... Well, newbie to IEMs in general, I guess.

That's some high praise! What tips would you recommend for the GK10?
I have used Azla Sedna Earfits and JVC Spiral Dots, both suit it well. I use a TRi Through Cable which cost about $20ish.

Aug 5, 2021 at 9:55 AM Post #624 of 1,619
Received my GK10 today from Penon; prompt shipping process since I ordered it the last week in July. Green hued wood grain appearance (did not specify a color when purchasing) which is quite nice. Initiated the listening experience with some Motown and R&B/Soul and was very pleased with the results. Using SednaEarfit Xelastic eartips for a comfortable fit.
Thank you Dsnuts for the introduction to this wonderful product.
You got green. Nice. Burn them in overnight and they should sound even better. Good to see folks enjoying these things.

Aug 5, 2021 at 11:25 AM Post #627 of 1,619
Hello, everyone, I'm Chen Siyuan, the head of GEEK Team. Thank you for your attention and support to GEEKWOLD. GEEKWOLD is a headphone brand with innovative audio technology as the core, and provides you with a product integrating cost performance and quality experience. Our production department is also collecting market feedback and making some adjustments to bring better products to everyone. GK10 is the starting point. Your suggestions and questions are very valuable.
Woohoo 1st post! More to come (products too) :grin::thumbsup:

Aug 5, 2021 at 11:32 AM Post #628 of 1,619
Is
I do not regret in trading 2 DQ6 to 1 GK10, DQ6 is 71/100 on my scale, B- , GK10 is 85/100 A.
QC isn’t severe, 2 reported bloated bass so far out of hundreds sold. The vent holes on housing could be covered by glues and you can pinch a hope to open up the vent like precog did.

Thanks, do you have this table comparison (DQ6 is 71/100 on my scale, B- , GK10 is 85/100 A. ) I can see? Also, does GK10 have the fun factor as DQ6 for EDM?

Aug 5, 2021 at 12:12 PM Post #629 of 1,619

Users who are viewing this thread

Back