Geek Wold Discussion
Jul 24, 2021 at 10:02 AM Post #32 of 1,619
When did you order, if you don't mind me asking?
I ordered on the 9th July and the HK tracking still says they've left HK, but there's no sign of them in UK tracking yet, just that they've departed country of origin.
I don't mind, in fact since there's a pandemic on I kinda appreciate that at least some of the delay is due to safety measures as everyone tries to stay safe, my new toy can wait.
But I am excited!
I ordered on the 9July too. Even this morning the tracking just showed they had left Hong Kong, but suddenly they showed at Langley, and then Heathrow, so my guess is your tracking will suddenly show up really soon as being at Langley. Maybe they have had the Pingdemic at Heathrow. Hope yours come quickly. Its going to be interesting to listen to them

Jul 24, 2021 at 10:05 AM Post #35 of 1,619
I ordered on the 9July too. Even this morning the tracking just showed they had left Hong Kong, but suddenly they showed at Langley, and then Heathrow, so my guess is your tracking will suddenly show up really soon as being at Langley. Maybe they have had the Pingdemic at Heathrow. Hope yours come quickly. Its going to be interesting to listen to them

I often don't have any update between leaving Hong Kong and the landing at Heathrow UK.

Jul 24, 2021 at 10:22 AM Post #36 of 1,619
From discussions on the Discovery Thread and thanks to posters more informed than I, it appears a low output impedence is important to avoid drastic changes to the frequency response of the GK10.

Comparing 2Ohm output impedance (Shanling M8, 4.4mm balanced input), to a 0.5Ohm output impedance (Cayin C9, 4.4m balanced input), the 2Ohm output impedeance makes the stage slightly smaller and bass more pronounced. The difference is slight but noticable and I imagine moving upward beyond 2Ohm will change the signature, to the point where we might be discussing 'apples and oranges' with regards to overall tonality.

I have edited my review to reflect these findings as I think these details are pertinent to potential buyers.

This also means we need to account for the source output impedance each of us are running the GK10 from when discussing our observations!

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2021 at 10:49 AM Post #38 of 1,619
can smartphone drive GK10 properly ? thanks

Running from my Samsung Note 9 (different DAC, no idea of the power output) bass has lost a small degree of impact and treble is less pronounced. Volume scales fine. Technicalities are still reasonably good across the board.

It is still an enjoyable experience to my ear, so yes, I would say its still worth a purchase.

Jul 24, 2021 at 10:58 AM Post #39 of 1,619
Running from my Samsung Note 9 (different DAC, no idea of the power output) bass has lost a small degree of impact and treble is less pronounced. Volume scales fine. Technicalities are still reasonably good across the board.

It is still an enjoyable experience to my ear, so yes, I would say its still worth a purchase.
thanks for your reply, i jump to this hype train....just ordered GK10 from aliexpress...

Jul 24, 2021 at 11:00 AM Post #40 of 1,619
thanks for your reply, i jump to this hype train....just ordered GK10 from aliexpress...

I hope it works out well for you. Be sure to come back with your insights when you've spent some time with it, to help other people...

Jul 24, 2021 at 12:30 PM Post #41 of 1,619
I have placed order on 21st July, so I'm not expecting them before September, the way HK Post shipping is moving nowadays. So I'll probably be the last one to receive amongst the early adopters.

Jul 24, 2021 at 12:57 PM Post #42 of 1,619
Well I had to, didn't I? Ordered from Ali. I like piezo, I have Artiste DC1, SFR dee tee six pro, Elecom CB1000 and BQEYZ Summer in my collection. I have great hopes for these!

Jul 24, 2021 at 1:04 PM Post #43 of 1,619
I hope it works out well for you. Be sure to come back with your insights when you've spent some time with it, to help other people...
Thank you for your review, it triggered my order!

Jul 24, 2021 at 1:06 PM Post #44 of 1,619
Well I had to, didn't I? Ordered from Ali. I like piezo, I have Artiste DC1, SFR dee tee six pro, Elecom CB1000 and BQEYZ Summer in my collection. I have great hopes for these!

This is my first piezo experience. The treble is certainly articulate and tactile in the GK10, but I can't say for certain if thats piezo in action or not. I suspect it is piezo because its unlike anything I've heard from a BA. As for whether I prefer it to well tuned e-stat treble, I'm not sure just yet. Probably not because I prefer a lighter touch up top, but it is certainly fun and images brilliantly due to that tactility.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back