Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Dec 30, 2020 at 8:30 PM Post #13,651 of 13,800
They took everyone's money than ran.

Dec 31, 2020 at 1:56 AM Post #13,652 of 13,800
I've been out of the loop for years now. What happened to Light Harmonic? They seemed to have been a very well respected audio company, and they just completely disappeared. Their website doesn't even exist anymore to download drivers for their old products.
LH Labs is dead. Those unfortunate to not have received product from the crowd funding ventures and also managed to stay up on what whas going were given a chance to accept other products from the Light Harmonics company (high priced IEMs) in exchange for their missing gear. This was the final gesture of goodwill before closing LH Labs down. Light Harmonics (parant company Larry leveraged to make LH Labs credible) seemed to try its hand at building audio systems for Tesla (I don't think this was lucrative), Is now pedalling higher end IEMs (seems very niche), and I believe he will still build you a Davinci Dac. Seems Larry is focussing on the Chinese market and given the condition of the Light Harmonic website it seems to suggest things aren't great.

Dec 31, 2020 at 5:40 PM Post #13,654 of 13,800
LH Labs is dead. Those unfortunate to not have received product from the crowd funding ventures and also managed to stay up on what whas going were given a chance to accept other products from the Light Harmonics company (high priced IEMs) in exchange for their missing gear. This was the final gesture of goodwill before closing LH Labs down. Light Harmonics (parant company Larry leveraged to make LH Labs credible) seemed to try its hand at building audio systems for Tesla (I don't think this was lucrative), Is now pedalling higher end IEMs (seems very niche), and I believe he will still build you a Davinci Dac. Seems Larry is focussing on the Chinese market and given the condition of the Light Harmonic website it seems to suggest things aren't great.
Yep.

I really hate this happened to Larry, I think he has real talent in what he does. If he were to ever get back on his feet and stay credible, I would definitely support him still.

My Signature Pulse is holding up greatly and sounds good compared to the other equipmemt I have!

Jan 18, 2021 at 2:59 PM Post #13,656 of 13,800
Thing that are attached to my LPS4 aside from Pulse.
1. Beelink GT-King (12V) and Android TV device I use for streamer/music player.
2. LH Revive (5V) as USB reclock/regen.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2021 at 3:46 PM Post #13,657 of 13,800
Still enjoying my S. E. Pulse!
Just purchased some old school King Cobra cables connected to the Max and still sounds great!

The lps4 needs to go to the shop as it has grounding issues.. I know I'm one the lucky ones who received most of his products..

Does anyone have another desktop amp that sounds better? Especially one with dual xlr inputs, tube preferred.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 20210115_220917.jpg
    20210115_220917.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Jan 18, 2021 at 4:57 PM Post #13,658 of 13,800
Not sure if anyone is still reading this thread, but just curious if anyone knows any amps or dacs that can be used with the LPS4? or is the Pulse really the only thing I can power with my LPS4?
I’m powering the following
Pulse Blue
Emotiva XPS-1
EtherRegen
LH Labs 20G cable

the XPS-1 and Blue kind of fall into the DAC or amp categories

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2021 at 6:32 AM Post #13,659 of 13,800
Hi,

I had to reinstall Windows 10 and from there I couldn't hear any from mGeek Pulse Xfi sound from the computer ...
I have JRiver version 27 installed on my computer.
I've tried in the settings with the Asio driver, Wasapi, Kernel, several bit sample rates and nada ... I installed the driver version 3.26.0, the firmware version is 2.0, MCU 2.4. Someone who can help please?
Thanks a lot.

Jan 28, 2021 at 6:48 AM Post #13,660 of 13,800
Does Geek Pulse is showing in your Sound Properties? Cable problem?

If you have an Android smartphone, try using it as player thru a OTG USB cable using HibyMusic (free) or if you have it UAPP.

If it works meaning the problem is in your windows setup.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2021 at 8:27 AM Post #13,661 of 13,800
Does Geek Pulse is showing in your Sound Properties? Cable problem?

If you have an Android smartphone, try using it as player thru a OTG USB cable using HibyMusic (free) or if you have it UAPP.

If it works meaning the problem is in your windows setup.

Hi Mickey, I remenber your name on LH Labs forum :wink: Still waiting for my Geek Wave ...:)
Yes, Geek Pulse is showing on Sound Properties. The cable is the same like before - LH Labs Ligthspeed 1 G USB.
I can't stream music from my smartphone (Xiaomi Mi A1) to Geek Pulse through OTG cable USB to Ligthspeed USB ... The music only plays on smartphone ... Maybe not powerful enough.

From time to time I had several problems with Asio driver with JRiver to play to Geek Pulse ... :sob::sob:
I think the problem is on the Asio driver implementation with Geek Pulse.
I remember heard several problems with Geek products with the drivers on LH Labs forums. And now we haven't literally no kind of support ... :scream::scream::scream::thumbsdown:

Jan 28, 2021 at 9:53 AM Post #13,662 of 13,800
Yeah! Waiting for mine too. Sorry for some. They are far more deeper. :sweat:

Can you play a "Test" sound under Sound>Properties>Advance tab?

...Meaning music literally plays on your phone's speaker? If that is the case, there is no connection. Try changing cables. Are there any printer cables around to swap?

Jan 28, 2021 at 11:35 AM Post #13,663 of 13,800
Played "test" sound, and nothing ... Yes, music literally plays on my phone's speaker ... Changed the USB cable, no sound ... Reboot the DAC and Jriver , nada ... various sample rates and devices on Jriver player (Geek Asio, Wasapi, Kernel ... ), nothing, but the waves of Jriver equalizer moves ... don't think the problem is on the LPS4 either, because it drives normally an external hard drive I have.

Ok, problem solved !!! On computer, on Sound Preferences, I had to choose on JRiver Media Center 27what the program by predefinition to output the sound from JRiver ... Well, by now solved ...
By the way, do you know the best setting on JRiver for the memory playback ?
Thans for the help m-i-c-k-e-y, take care and we still waiting our Geek Wave ... !!! :) :thumbsup: :wave:

Jan 28, 2021 at 12:48 PM Post #13,664 of 13,800
Mine is: load decoded file in memory

Users who are viewing this thread

Back