Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Feb 21, 2020 at 3:48 PM Post #13,576 of 13,800
Just found out this was happening. I was an early Indiegogo backer who opted to receive the original style LHLabs Pulse Infinity - and in fact did receive one along with an LPS and Lightspeed 2G. I was happy with it until my ninth month of ownership when it went dead after a custom connector (that was promoted in the LHL forums) between the Pulse and LPS broke. I heard a pop, and that was the last time I heard a peep out of the Pulse. Since I was an early backer I had a two year warranty and I opened a ticket. The rep was friendly and helpful, but the only solution offered was to update the firmware, which I was not able to do. I offered to ship the unit to them at my expense or even drive it down to their office (I was less than 100 miles away) but was rebuffed on both offers. The Pulse Infinity and LPS have sat in their shipping boxes in my closet for almost four years. Do I have any kind of recourse or should I just sell the LPS and cables and film a roof-drop of the Infinity for Youtube?

Feb 22, 2020 at 4:30 AM Post #13,577 of 13,800
I had this issue a few days ago. I heard a click and thought saw a flash. No power on DAC. My LPS4 have one LED off. Turned off and on, same thing. Thinking of changing the connection to where it is "good" and saw my RAL power connector has loosened at the end. Recconected to another connection but no power.

On the next day, with the standard connector, my LPS4 turned on with ALL lights green. And my Pulse Infinity came to life. BUT now, using USB, after playing for a bit it stops with a click and reverts to 44.1K. This is true using PC and Android. Grrrr.... For now using SPDIF.

Flashing FW might brick it. Maybe I could finally close this chapter...

Feb 26, 2020 at 4:04 PM Post #13,578 of 13,800
They've shipped out a bunch but the guy in charge of the office/shipping had to take some unexpected personal leave so shipments are behind. I know they just got shipped some Mera as well for additional supply/shipments. I think they're going to try to start shipping again on Monday, but no guarantees yet. I wish I was in the office overseeing everything, but unfortunately that's not the case.

Thanks for the update. any other updates on the 1 guy in charge of shipping out orders?

Feb 26, 2020 at 10:21 PM Post #13,580 of 13,800
I had this issue a few days ago. I heard a click and thought saw a flash. No power on DAC. My LPS4 have one LED off. Turned off and on, same thing. Thinking of changing the connection to where it is "good" and saw my RAL power connector has loosened at the end. Recconected to another connection but no power.

On the next day, with the standard connector, my LPS4 turned on with ALL lights green. And my Pulse Infinity came to life. BUT now, using USB, after playing for a bit it stops with a click and reverts to 44.1K. This is true using PC and Android. Grrrr.... For now using SPDIF.

Flashing FW might brick it. Maybe I could finally close this chapter...

Thanks for the info Mickey! I remember you from the old (original) LHL forums. It never occurred to me to try a different input. I have an older iMAC, but I can try using an optical cable instead of USB. After the incident the Infinity was still recognized by my iMac, but absolutely no sound comes out of any of the outputs, headphone or preamp when I use USB. I'll obtain and try an optical cable and see what happens.

Feb 26, 2020 at 11:33 PM Post #13,581 of 13,800
he's shipped out some more packages to customers.

Plural? How many packages, five? Ten packages? Please elaborate.

There's some office projects going on

What possible "office project" could conceivably take precedence or priority over (supposedly) shipping product to customers that have been waiting for many years? What office staff are dedicated to these "projects"? Not you of course, and that makes perfect sense too, as off-site manpower allocation is such an efficient use of limited resources in satisfying LH's obligation to backers. Unfortunately you're just not even there to oversee it, otherwise things would be different, right?

the shipments are slow right now.

As opposed to when? These "slow shipments" sound quite familiar, but how slow are we talking about here, slow as in completely non-existent? Slow as in this too is a charade?

But they are continuing to trickle out to customers.

Trickle out? You must know the count, or can request a tally, right? Unless there is nothing to tally.

Feb 27, 2020 at 12:54 AM Post #13,582 of 13,800
Thanks for the info Mickey! I remember you from the old (original) LHL forums. It never occurred to me to try a different input. I have an older iMAC, but I can try using an optical cable instead of USB. After the incident the Infinity was still recognized by my iMac, but absolutely no sound comes out of any of the outputs, headphone or preamp when I use USB. I'll obtain and try an optical cable and see what happens.

Yup try and look if your MAC has optical Toslink or RCA SPDIF. Geek Pulse have both. On your Pulse menu (when pushing the volume knob). Change to the desired input.

Mar 7, 2020 at 12:26 PM Post #13,583 of 13,800
He's back and he's shipped out some more packages to customers. There's some office projects going on so the shipments are slow right now. But they are continuing to trickle out to customers.
Hi Jarek,

I filled out my information for the exchange 1 month ago. 10 days ago my ticket was marked as resolved, yet I still have not received a tracking number. Please let me know why tickets are getting marked as resolved when the shipments have not yet gone out the door?

Mark

Mar 7, 2020 at 12:44 PM Post #13,584 of 13,800
I've said I want a Stellia a few weeks ago to get something out of my 2013 contribution, no response whatsoever. Seems like another typical LH labs shameless scam. Send a few out, say you've covered everyone, the show goes on, lie cheat steal and repeat.

Mar 7, 2020 at 12:53 PM Post #13,585 of 13,800
Hi Jarek,

I filled out my information for the exchange 1 month ago. 10 days ago my ticket was marked as resolved, yet I still have not received a tracking number. Please let me know why tickets are getting marked as resolved when the shipments have not yet gone out the door?

Mark

As I have clearly explained before, the ticket system is different than the shipping system. Your ticket for the request is marked as "resolved" because you were put into the shipping list. That clears out the ticket queue so we don't have tons and tons of tickets clogging up the system. Once your ticket is resolved (and you should know this from the message I sent you when the ticket was "resolved"), that means you're on the list for shipment. You'll be notified when the package leaves the office.

Mar 7, 2020 at 4:14 PM Post #13,587 of 13,800
As I have clearly explained before, the ticket system is different than the shipping system. Your ticket for the request is marked as "resolved" because you were put into the shipping list. That clears out the ticket queue so we don't have tons and tons of tickets clogging up the system. Once your ticket is resolved (and you should know this from the message I sent you when the ticket was "resolved"), that means you're on the list for shipment. You'll be notified when the package leaves the office.
Hi Jarek,

Thank you for the information. Regarding the list for the shipment, how long does one have to be on the list before they receive a shipping notice? It would be beyond fantastic to finally get something for my money 5 years after giving it away to LH Labs!!!

Mar 8, 2020 at 11:39 PM Post #13,589 of 13,800
Yup try and look if your MAC has optical Toslink or RCA SPDIF. Geek Pulse have both. On your Pulse menu (when pushing the volume knob). Change to the desired input.
I ordered and recieved a Toslink cable and tried it with two different iMacs. As you directed, I made sure to change the Infinity's selected input to Toslink. In both cases, the optical connection was recognized, and in both cases not a peep came out of the headphone or preamp outputs. It was definitely worth trying though, and thank you for the suggestion.

Mar 9, 2020 at 3:28 AM Post #13,590 of 13,800
Sorry for that. I too now running on Toslink/SPDIF. My current Android TV device have these connections.
The Pulse's USB died a month ago. It will now lose conncction after sometime, and revert to 44.1k after a loud click.

Now saving for a long overdue upgrade.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back