Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Jan 27, 2019 at 4:30 PM Post #13,338 of 13,800
So where is the support!?

I'm not saying there's zero support, but there is extremely limited support for now and probably going forth, due to the LHL situation overall. (funding, manpower, other campaigns, the fact the Pulse/Geek Out is a dead end financially for company growth, etc.)

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2019 at 5:25 PM Post #13,339 of 13,800
I'm not saying there's zero support, but there is extremely limited support for now and probably going forth, due to the LHL situation overall. (funding, manpower, other campaigns, the fact the Pulse/Geek Out is a dead end financially for company growth, etc.)
The Geek Out seemed to work (in latest iteration at least) well and sound good at a lower price.
I can't remember why that was dropped.

I'd like to get a refund or my promised equipment from LH/LHL, but I don't understand how the DAC is not a viable business model but the DAP (Wave) is?
There are now many DAPs from a range of prices from hundreds of dollars to many thousands.
That seems like a much tougher market to get into

Jan 27, 2019 at 5:54 PM Post #13,340 of 13,800
I don't understand how the DAC is not a viable business model but the DAP (Wave) is?

There are two versions of the Wave....one is the LHL which will come first, the Light Harmonic version is scheduled for release AFTER the LH Labs Wave and/or campaign has been finished. The LH Labs version is a financial dead end but Larry is compelled to finish it and many backers are waiting on it to be delivered.

I think there's so many irons in the fire now, releasing the Geek Out 3 (or whatever) is on the backburner and it would not be sold under LH Labs. I'd love for them to release it (told Larry so) but it's not happening yet. We've had lots of requests from people to release it.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2019 at 5:57 PM Post #13,341 of 13,800
There are two versions of the Wave....one is the LHL which will come first, the Light Harmonic version is scheduled for release AFTER the LH Labs Wave and/or campaign has been finished. The LH Labs version is a financial dead end but Larry is compelled to finish it and many backers are waiting on it to be delivered.

I think there's so many irons in the fire now, releasing the Geek Out 3 (or whatever) is on the backburner and it would not be sold under LH Labs. I'd love for them to release it (told Larry so) but it's not happening yet. We've had lots of requests from people to release it.
I'm confused by the almost identical names.
Are you saying the crowdfunded DAP will be released after the new version of the Wave?

Jan 27, 2019 at 6:00 PM Post #13,342 of 13,800
I'm confused by the almost identical names.
Are you saying the crowdfunded DAP will be released after the new version of the Wave?

First release: LH Labs crowdfunded Wave DAP
Second release: Light Harmonic DAP (different name, components, pricing than Wave)
3rd (?) release: Light Harmonic branded Geek Out 3 release date undetermined

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2019 at 1:53 PM Post #13,343 of 13,800
I have my doubts that this "project plan" will be realised in that order.

Why should it be different this time? Source SE reseller models were first sold/shipped before the ones from the IGG campaign.
Hence why is Larry still distributing this piece of crab info?
How will LH/LHL survive if he doesn't sell his pricey $6k IEMs, Source or Waves to some people who don't care what ethics he has?

Hence i can't believe that after so many lessons learnt he should have done in the last years he still gives us that b*lls**t.

Jan 28, 2019 at 4:46 PM Post #13,344 of 13,800
When the pulse campaign rewards will be send, since Pulse/Geek Out is dead!?

Jan 28, 2019 at 6:49 PM Post #13,346 of 13,800
I was informed it would be after the rest of the Pulse are delivered. But knowing LHL, it could be even later.
Why LHL still didn't delivered the rest of Pulse after all this time, years, and are developing other products, etc, etc, etc?

Please, give us a logical answer!

And how can you work in a company like that!?

I would like that Larry Ho came here, and have the courage to explain all this, like he and Gavin Fish did in the beginning to get all the support from the community, that now, better say years ago, felt betrayed and deceived...

Jan 28, 2019 at 7:20 PM Post #13,347 of 13,800
Stuck Limo,
I've noticed you listed a few products Larry has decided are "Financially dead ends". With all due respect, I don't think the products themselves are financial dead ends. In all honestly I believe your CEO is a financial dead end.

I think LH Labs could have been very successful under different leadership, or if Larry had enough self awareness to realize that he was the one killing the delivery schedules, company's capital, and all the goodwill LH Labs created by going off on his R&D tangents. You had a few successful products at the start, but you guys never allowed them to have a full product life cycle before you started marketing the "next big thing". There were too many small upgrades and design changes through out the Pulse process, and it completely ruined your ability to deliver within your promised timeline. Your R&D team kept burning through all the money you guys needed to finish production of the products already sold. No business can survive like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 1, 2019 at 2:59 PM Post #13,349 of 13,800
I just purchased the Geek Pulse (base) + LPS, but it didn't come with any cords. Where can I get a replacement umbilical power cord? Also, I plan on using the pulse via USB, so how do I connect them together. Computer -> LPS (USB source) and LPS (USB DAC) -> Pulse (USB)? Please help!

Feb 1, 2019 at 3:08 PM Post #13,350 of 13,800
I just purchased the Geek Pulse (base) + LPS, but it didn't come with any cords. Where can I get a replacement umbilical power cord? Also, I plan on using the pulse via USB, so how do I connect them together. Computer -> LPS (USB source) and LPS (USB DAC) -> Pulse (USB)? Please help!

Regarding the connection have a look at this:
https://support.lhlabs.com/support/...lps4-linear-power-supply-setup-and-user-guide

Regarding the umbilical cable....not even sure this can be bought separately because of the fancy plug.

Anyway ..hard to believe that LHL stuff is still bought.
Don´t take it personal :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back