Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Jan 21, 2016 at 4:38 AM Post #10,696 of 13,800
You can always work the warranty return through the previous owner. Kind of a pain but it's better than nothing.

Jan 21, 2016 at 5:14 AM Post #10,697 of 13,800
If they did say they would have transferable warranty during the campaign, then we should fight for them to honor it.

Actually, a number of companies have non transferable warranties.

That being said, if you are a company that stands behind your product, your warranty should be transferable. Particularly when you said it would during the campaign.

Jan 21, 2016 at 5:19 AM Post #10,698 of 13,800
If they did say they would have transferable warranty during the campaign, then we should fight for them to honor it.

That battle's been fought and lost already.  Essentially, Larry said they would have a transferable warranty, then later on Gavin changed the policy once we were all neck deep in the campaign. When challenged on it, the message that came back was a flowery version of "tough schiit".

Jan 21, 2016 at 5:57 AM Post #10,699 of 13,800
LH Labs take a perverse stance on many things and seem immune to acknowledging backer criticism.

Case in point, read the comments section below this article -  http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2016/01/ces-2016-lh-labs-bring-geek-source-vi-dac-to-life/#comment-129632 - and note Manny's comment where he writes "Thank you for all your support" when most of the comments are complaints about LH Labs. DOH! 

Quote:

That battle's been fought and lost already.  Essentially, Larry said they would have a transferable warranty, then later on Gavin changed the policy once we were all neck deep in the campaign. When challenged on it, the message that came back was a flowery version of "tough schiit".

Jan 21, 2016 at 12:29 PM Post #10,700 of 13,800
  I've got a (used) X-fi infinity & (new) Gugnir Multibit coming in next week - I should be able to compare (no DSD on the Schiit though-  it doesn't bother me). 

(As an aside - the Schiit Gumby was about <correction> 35% more expensive than my 'used' deal on the X-fi Infinity. That's what non-transferable warranties does).

Schiit only offers non-transferable warranties. What are you on about?

Jan 21, 2016 at 3:38 PM Post #10,702 of 13,800
  Smial1966 are you still waiting for your pulse? If you are I´m really sorry, you might have the temptation to tell me to fcuk off but once you listen to it I´m sure you´ll feel rewarded. As a fellow customer/victim I can relate by the way.

Hope you get it soon!!

If you're still a victim then you can't feel that rewarded. After the rollercoaster everything has been it's hard not to feel anything but anger and resentment and a lot of regret. They have a lot to make up for.

This endless wait isn't helping anything either 

Jan 21, 2016 at 5:20 PM Post #10,703 of 13,800
So I've been sent a new MCU firmware (1.29) to help resolve a problem with Apple Remotes not working (had 1.27).

This firmware has a fatal flaw - any adjustment of the volume seems to kill the handshake between the device and my Mac, and I have to power-cycle the Pulse. WITH ANY VOLUME KNOB ADJUSTMENT!

The work around is to use the USB volume control, but there isn't much granular with that.

Do they test or QA this stuff?!

Jan 21, 2016 at 6:10 PM Post #10,705 of 13,800
Yes, at times their code testing seems to be little more rigorous than a light test: apply power, do the lights come on? Yes? Okay, it works, Next...

I do count myself lucky, I have experienced no anomalies with my infinity thus far. I will say Damn, it sounds good! The wait was painful, but the results are excellent.

J.P.

Jan 22, 2016 at 12:09 AM Post #10,706 of 13,800
Yes, at times their code testing seems to be little more rigorous than a light test: apply power, do the lights come on? Yes? Okay, it works, Next...

I do count myself lucky, I have experienced no anomalies with my infinity thus far. I will say Damn, it sounds good! The wait was painful, but the results are excellent.

J.P.

Right there with ya. All of the stories of dissatisfaction and frustration seemed to have missed me. Knock on wood!

Jan 22, 2016 at 3:09 AM Post #10,709 of 13,800
They can't change policies like these unilaterally. No point taking it up with them directly.

Gotta take the fight to a third party like the Better Business Bureau or something like this, that has the power to arbitrate on our behalf. Don't do it individually but on a collective basis

Jan 22, 2016 at 6:58 AM Post #10,710 of 13,800

Hahaha, hahaha. That link killed me. They are SCHIIT slamming LH Labs about various issues, then Manny comes in and says "thanks for the support". I get the idea of deflection or not claiming responsibility of a problem and whatever. If the show any slack then they'd be in real trouble... So dumb. Anyway, you've got to do the deflecting with some degree of skill or it has the exact opposite affect. JUST like it did there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back