Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Sep 30, 2015 at 8:15 AM Post #9,377 of 13,800
This makes me upset. They make all this new stuff before full filling their production. I'm gonna sell it as soon as it comes. I don't even want to hear it. Not to mention my standard pulse came scratched with the freaking volume jacked up. I wonder how isolated I am with these sentiments.

I feel the same way.
Mines already in the FS section and it just shipped out. I'm not even going to plug it in.
The waiting time has nothing to do with the frustration. I expected that, but we were promised these high end dacs for so little money. Between the pulse and LPS I'll probably get half of what I payed for them and they're brand new in the box.
I haven't even received it yet and there's a better version already? Oh well. Live and learn as they say. All a person can do is just scratch LHLabs off the "to do" list. 
I'll never buy another product from them...

Sep 30, 2015 at 8:47 AM Post #9,378 of 13,800
I thought it was a new chassis for all pulse dacs shipping now. Is this not true?

That's true, but only for the Pulse X Infinity (for those that opted for it), and all other Pulse variants sold through the current retail channel (ie at retail price).

Sep 30, 2015 at 10:42 AM Post #9,380 of 13,800
Well that sucks. I got the plain pulse. You wait a year for something and they couldn't at least provide the newer chassis.

It doesn't suck because you didn't have to hand over all that money for those perks, in fact I would just get the regular Pulse if I have to do this all over again - much better bang for buck.

I have zero regret not going for the infinity because that's an extra ~$300 (THD + naked resistors) on top of an Xfi - that's as much as a pair of Hifiman HE400S. No way Jose!

Oct 2, 2015 at 6:02 AM Post #9,383 of 13,800
This situation reminds me of a Calvin & Hobbes strip. The one where Hobbes teaches Calvin imaginary numbers. Of course Hobbes being Hobbes he makes up numbers  like eleventeen, twelveteen etc. The shipping schedule is exactly like that. If the shipping date is September, think of it as Septemberteen, November as Novemberteen etc. That makes more sense than their shipping schedules anyway.

Oct 2, 2015 at 9:31 AM Post #9,384 of 13,800

I am 100-something. I wasnt expecting mine being shipped this week, maybe neither next.. So I am right on schedule. Besides, i dont think there a 100 units between mine and #1

Oct 2, 2015 at 10:30 AM Post #9,385 of 13,800
Where do you guys get these list numbers!?
I don't think they have 400+ pulse infinities orders to ship tho... (at least I hope not)

Oct 2, 2015 at 12:24 PM Post #9,387 of 13,800
I have no idea how people are coming up with these numbers. 

I perked for two Pulses back in November (4 and 29) of 2013.  I traded up one Pulse for a Vi in November of 2014 and there have been a slew of upgrade perks over time for the Pulse to go to X, Femto Clock, THD, Naked Resisters, $1M upgrade, upgraded Sabre DAC chip, 2.0 chassis etc. etc. so what criteria determines your numbered place in line????

Oct 2, 2015 at 12:43 PM Post #9,388 of 13,800
In the past they have said that your place in the queue is determined by the date of the initial backing. For Gery, that would be Nov. 4 and 29. Now, where that places him in the actual shipping queue, who knows??? :) Me? I backed my base Pulse Dec. 21 2013 so I should be some time after Gery. At 30~50 units a week, I think that puts me some time mid November. That's only about 23 months from backing to receiving for many of us...

J.P.

Oct 2, 2015 at 3:27 PM Post #9,390 of 13,800
For the people that receive their Pulse already and updated to version firmware 2.29, what is the lowest volume setting? If I turn it all the way to the left it goes to about -127.5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back