Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Jul 13, 2015 at 9:27 AM Post #8,371 of 13,800
Most certainly I know mine did and continues to get better with time. My Sfi has zero noise level hooked to my B&K amp with JRivers paused and volume all the way up no noise at all. If that was not good enough the separation and space have gotten better as well as the high and low notes have improved with burn in time. But it sounded dam good out of the box.

Jul 13, 2015 at 10:56 AM Post #8,372 of 13,800
Mine shined past 50 and leveled around 100.

Jul 13, 2015 at 7:47 PM Post #8,373 of 13,800
Had received my pulse X a couple of weeks ago when I was out of town.
Managed to install it few days ago and was wondering if I missed anything..
According to LHS site, it claims 2 files were needed for window base PC..
Audio setup and aLHS file.. But somehow I got a only file .... setup.mis file
When installed it seem both files are installed.. Maybe the site I visited is not updated.

So following the recommended procedure in the setup guides.. Set my sound system to LH Labs Geek Pulse and then my Jriver audio configuration..
In Jriver, I see 4 options..Light Harmonic (ASIO), LH Labs Geek Pulse (wasapi), LH Labs Geek Pulse (Direct Sound) and another one,,(Geek Pulse X1V5 output [kernel streaming])
Tried wasapi .. It don't work..same error as below...
Tried the X1V5, works for 3 days and then a pop window just says.. Something wrong with yr playback..blah..blah..
Now on direct stream... Works for now...

Also.. When I power up my pulse X, it shows pulse X but not software version..
Thought the version should appeared 1st..?
Anyway..how to check my pulse X version..

Thx and have a good day

edit : i just switch back to (Geek Pulse X1V5 output [kernel streaming] and its working..

Jul 13, 2015 at 8:57 PM Post #8,374 of 13,800
Again after the album completed playing ..
the error with something wrong with the playback.......appeared again errh....
   detail: 
   playback could not be started on the output Kernel Streaming using the 44.1kHz2ch..

Jul 13, 2015 at 9:02 PM Post #8,375 of 13,800
Again after the album completed playing ..
the error with something wrong with the playback.......appeared again errh....
   detail: 
   playback could not be started on the output Kernel Streaming using the 44.1kHz2ch..

Did you follow the JRiver setup guide on the LHL site? Seemed pretty complete. Cheers

Jul 13, 2015 at 9:39 PM Post #8,376 of 13,800
The driver I posted 3 pages back...

Jul 13, 2015 at 9:45 PM Post #8,377 of 13,800

Exactly. Mickey did us all a favor in posting the driver that was hard/impossible to find on LHL's pages. 

However, they seem to have gotten the link working again. Here's the link to that page:

http://support.lhlabs.com/support/solutions/articles/5000633039-light-harmonic-driver-and-firmware-files

Here's also the page with the directions for setting up JRiver with the Pulse;

http://support.lhlabs.com/support/solutions/articles/5000556098-using-jriver-media-center-with-geek-pulse-setup-and-user-guide

That should be all you need if you follow the directions. Work for my Infinity. 

Cheers and good luck!

Jul 13, 2015 at 9:56 PM Post #8,378 of 13,800
Also.. When I power up my pulse X, it shows pulse X but not software version..
Thought the version should appeared 1st..?
Anyway..how to check my pulse X version..

It displays the model number (Pulse X) and then just goes to main screen showing the sampling rate and digital volume number. To check the firmware, you press the volume knob and go to "Firmware Version" (just 1 click when you rotate the volume knob counter-clockwise).

Not everybody checks Head-Fi's threads often though. 3 pages back is pretty far back for someone who doesn't check threads often.

Jul 13, 2015 at 10:00 PM Post #8,379 of 13,800
  Exactly. Mickey did us all a favor in posting the driver that was hard/impossible to find on LHL's pages. 

However, they seem to have gotten the link working again. Here's the link to that page:

http://support.lhlabs.com/support/solutions/articles/5000633039-light-harmonic-driver-and-firmware-files

Here's also the page with the directions for setting up JRiver with the Pulse;

http://support.lhlabs.com/support/solutions/articles/5000556098-using-jriver-media-center-with-geek-pulse-setup-and-user-guide

That should be all you need if you follow the directions. Work for my Infinity. 

Cheers and good luck!

okay..
 I reload the file from mickey.. actually it the same version that i loaded the other day except that its not the same name.
The version is 2.29..
It seem that I can only choose the LH Labs Geek pulse [direct sound] but my geek Pulse is Pulse X...
Also I regarding the version...still not version on my display..

edit.. okay got it miceblue.. so it dont show up u have to press the knob..
mine is showing main 2, MCU2.4

Jul 14, 2015 at 7:01 AM Post #8,380 of 13,800
It may have problem connecting from PC. Try changing USB ports preferably to USB 3.0.

This is my JRiver configuration hope it helps.

Disregard iZotope Ozone 5

Jul 14, 2015 at 8:23 AM Post #8,381 of 13,800
  okay..
 I reload the file from mickey.. actually it the same version that i loaded the other day except that its not the same name.
The version is 2.29..
It seem that I can only choose the LH Labs Geek pulse [direct sound] but my geek Pulse is Pulse X...
Also I regarding the version...still not version on my display..

edit.. okay got it miceblue.. so it dont show up u have to press the knob..
mine is showing main 2, MCU2.4

When you are choosing your device from the list under "Audio Device" on JRMC the last option is "more" - try selecting that and then seeing if the Pulse X option is listed further down. On mine I couldn't see "Geek Pulse X Infinity" option until I hit "more". And those versions of Main and MCU are the latest. Cheers 

Jul 14, 2015 at 12:20 PM Post #8,382 of 13,800
It may have problem connecting from PC. Try changing USB ports preferably to USB 3.0.

This is my JRiver configuration hope it helps.

Disregard iZotope Ozone 5

I connected the Pulse to my Hifi, when I use JRMC upscaled to DSD it has a high freq sound.
When I did the same thing at foobar, the same high freq sound is there.

It's gone with I play normally.

Jul 14, 2015 at 1:55 PM Post #8,383 of 13,800
Have been playing around with my Infinity and it's just proven (reconfirmed actually) the importance of HP cables. In my experience my LCD-3F's running SE from the Infinity using the Moon Audio Silver Dragon V3 cables sounds quite a bit better than when using the stock Audeze balanced cable. The balanced element is trumped by the better cable. YMMV of course, but that's what I'm finding. Guess I'll be having Drew rework my SD V3's with the 4-pin XLR sooner than I expected! Cheers 

Jul 14, 2015 at 2:03 PM Post #8,384 of 13,800
I connected the Pulse to my Hifi, when I use JRMC upscaled to DSD it has a high freq sound.

Strange Bro... never happened to me.  Even setting to normal (no change on output).

Jul 14, 2015 at 2:09 PM Post #8,385 of 13,800

What DSD format are you upsampling your audio to? The Pulse only supports DSD64 and DSD128.

Jody

Users who are viewing this thread

Back