Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
May 23, 2015 at 7:28 PM Post #7,472 of 13,800
I guess you know little on how the electricity is generated hence you look at the consumer bill. It's a real waste of energy, does not matter if it's few dollars or hundreds.

So therefore a waste of a few ounces of water is the same as a few hundred gallons?

May 23, 2015 at 7:34 PM Post #7,473 of 13,800
So therefore a waste of a few ounces of water is the same as a few hundred gallons?

So like I said you know nothing about how electricity is being generated. Where you you living when they started generating electricity from radio active elements, specifically uranium. Oh yeah in you diapers. Ok I rest my case.

By the way if every geek infinity buyer let their femtos on then it's a larger number. :wink:

Last you missed the point, any saving is a saving. If you waste gallons of water then you're being wasteful. I like to turn off my stuff when I don't need it. I don't leave my gear on all night with no one listening to them.

May 23, 2015 at 8:19 PM Post #7,475 of 13,800
Nothing is perfect least of all me! But I try to remember that I bought a Plain Pulse for a small amount of money and could not have gotten anything as sonically well done for anywhere near the amount of money I payed. Now I have a Pulse SFi For a couple of hundred dollars more and believe me I could not have ever afforded this quality anywhere out there. That not a justification for late delivery and bad sales tactics nor is it a justification for telling me one thing and doing another. But having been a business man for many years a very large and very small company's I can tell you their are worse and better out there and many of the IGG company's never make anything they just disappear. The Out V2 and V2+ are different they will be the first normal production product released from LH Labs no more excuses they have to come thru on this one or else and I think they know that. So I will keep supporting them with all the mistakes and we will see if they can make it. Th Out V1 did well int the market place and they produced it will and sold 1500 but next up will be a first start to finish production product that will not have much forgiveness in it. We will see how they do.

May 23, 2015 at 8:52 PM Post #7,476 of 13,800
So like I said you know nothing about how electricity is being generated. Where you you living when they started generating electricity from radio active elements, specifically uranium. Oh yeah in you diapers. Ok I rest my case.

By the way if every geek infinity buyer let their femtos on then it's a larger number. :wink:

Last you missed the point, any saving is a saving. If you waste gallons of water then you're being wasteful. I like to turn off my stuff when I don't need it. I don't leave my gear on all night with no one listening to them.

Um, I'm a technical engineer who has personally toured if not worked on every type of power plant there is. So, yes, I know how electricity is produced. And I turn off every light and appliance in my house and have all LCD lights in my house. However, I'm not losing sleep if I waste a few pennies of electricity on leaving some select pieces of my high-end gear on 24/7. Cheers

May 23, 2015 at 9:01 PM Post #7,477 of 13,800
Well at the time The Pulse was hyped there really wasn't anything in the price bracket that could compete with the advertised SQ and probably nothing until lets say 3 months ago.

However the delays in production and delivery means that the Pulse by now has serious competition in that price bracket within range of how much backers paid.

So what you have to remember is also what the market may have delivered and to what quality by the time their actual product comes to market.

In the case of the Pulse it looks like the original pulse is totally obsolete by the time they actually complete the crowdfunded delivery phase (much less by the time it goes on sale for the list price) because you can back a Geek Out V2 and flat out beat the sq of a Pulse (according to some people).

if you had 1$ last month you could have (if LHL actually live up to delivery promises) had a GOv2 in your hands by as early as July 2015.

It wouldnt have been bad at all if the initial delivery schedules got met because Pulse backers would have had something which punched well above its weight for maybe 6 months and thats not really bad in todays world where things are advancing so quickly.

Also just because something out there is better doesn't mean the Pulse is suddenly crap. It will still be a good sounding DAC even if beaten on certain criteria ... Its just that its value for money proposition has just been totally wrecked for people who paid 1.5 years ago and if they spent the same money today they would get something better from the same company ...

i think LHL are currently doing Pulse batch 2. which implies that Batch 3 components have not yet been ordered.

Maybe they could offer the ability to substitute the Pulse original for a GO v2 or v2+ for people that want to do that ...

May 23, 2015 at 9:06 PM Post #7,478 of 13,800
Curious to see if you get your $2,500 asking price for the Infinity and LPS. Cheers

I agree it was way too much. I've lowered it to $2000 to see what happen ...

May 23, 2015 at 9:09 PM Post #7,479 of 13,800

Compound that by a few thousand, or a few hundred thousand.. at it starts to get significant rather quickly.

May 23, 2015 at 9:17 PM Post #7,480 of 13,800
Compound that by a few thousand, or a few hundred thousand.. at it starts to get significant rather quickly.

Of course it does, but that was not the point being made.

May 23, 2015 at 9:27 PM Post #7,481 of 13,800
Um, I'm a technical engineer who has personally toured if not worked on every type of power plant there is. So, yes, I know how electricity is produced. And I turn off every light and appliance in my house and have all LCD lights in my house. However, I'm not losing sleep if I waste a few pennies of electricity on leaving some select pieces of my high-end gear on 24/7. Cheers

It's not in my nature to boast but I worked as a pro engineer in those plants so I know the waste that goes on when refueling those nuclear bundles and I would not want any of those rods in my backyard, it's not always what we waste in electricity at home that's important but what's wasted in making it. Seriously though, pennies saved by billions of people make the earth energy last longer. We've polluted water and air long enough to know that everyone should care. Looks like you do. :wink_face:

Double cheers my friend. :beerchug:

@nudd

You seem to understand the problem quite well, thanks to your posting and a real pleasure to read, nice to know we have similar thinking. :wink:

May 23, 2015 at 9:28 PM Post #7,482 of 13,800
Curious how the vanilla pulse would stack up against an IFI Micro DSD or similar product. Do the vanilla owners feels the product is worth 1K.  What happened to all the professional reviews? seems like at first there were a few reviews but now not much.

May 23, 2015 at 9:35 PM Post #7,483 of 13,800
Curious how the vanilla pulse would stack up against an IFI Micro DSD or similar product. Do the vanilla owners feels the product is worth 1K.  What happened to all the professional reviews? seems like at first there were a few reviews but now not much.

LHLAB just posted a video with someone suggesting that the Geekout v2 is better than the puse. ....

May 23, 2015 at 9:40 PM Post #7,484 of 13,800
Of course it does, but that was not the point being made.

Whether it was the point being made or not. The thinking that says it is OK because it is just a little bit.. it only costs me a couple of bucks per month, which I think is shared by the majority of people.. at least in the US, ends up costing multi megawatts. As you have experience in the power industry ( I am curious what a technical engineer is though) you know that ours is pretty much on the brink of disaster. Capacity margins in many places is inadequate. Between regulations and corporate greed, investment in making it better is pretty much absent. Sorry for the off topic rant... back to our regularly scheduled program...
BTW I am just as guilty as any... but I do recognize and admit the problem.

May 23, 2015 at 9:45 PM Post #7,485 of 13,800
LHLAB just posted a video with someone suggesting that the Geekout v2 is better than the puse. ....

Where is that? I  read an answer by Larry in the LHL forums that said that while optimization for the pulse is more complicated, it would be done just as well with the pulse as with the V2. Of course this was specifically addressing programming the latest ESS chip.

BTW, with the LHL marketing record, I wouldn't put too much faith in something they say while promoting their latest gadget.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back