Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
May 23, 2015 at 2:59 PM Post #7,456 of 13,800
In typical LHLabs fashion, they send a video to indiegogo backers of the geek pulse about the GOV2 being apparently better than the geek pulse.

This is just terrible for your current customer ***, it makes me rage. I made post on the forums about how it's ******* ridiculous they keep on telling us we need to buy new stuff, that what we bought is never enough. Just terrible marketing strategy.

Yeah it's pretty disappointing really.

The video reminded me of the Pono Player campaign where "famous people" step out of a "car" and explain how good the "Pono Player" sounds. :/

May 23, 2015 at 3:22 PM Post #7,457 of 13,800
I signed up and went ahead and did the referral thing on Facebook and Twitter for this I got 8 referrals and I got lost is this for what I did right then or I started the post here on the Out V2 did some of those folks put me down for referral. That would mean I would have gotten a Infinity upgrade already. I don't know and that is my delima the products are really good stuff for the price but then one minute these are the rules then the next the rules change but the they do so like the old rules did not matter. One minute they are giving me a gift for being a valued customer and then they take it away it seems. I get lost in all this crap and then I think less of LH Labs but still the products are really good. HELP!!

May 23, 2015 at 3:33 PM Post #7,458 of 13,800
  Well I got my New Pulse SFi and when I first hooked it up it sounded muddy and undefined. The Bass was punchy but little definition and the treble was very subdued. Now I know the debate on BURN IN and if it really matters. Well the SFi has been plugged in and on for 50 or so hours and it has change so much that I can't imagine it being in my head. I could not get used to what I heard when I first turned it on. Now the bass is broad but still punchy and the treble has come thru accurate and clearly. So not only am I liking my purchase more but I come down on the side of BURN IN is real!

Femto clocks need time to warm up and are best left turned on indefinitely. I believe I read that Larry said the femtos in the X/Sfi need to be on for 2 days before they sound their best. It's no secret that DACs sound better when warmed up and it's generally a good idea to leave them turned on at all times whenever possible.

May 23, 2015 at 4:08 PM Post #7,459 of 13,800
Femto clocks need time to warm up and are best left turned on indefinitely. I believe I read that Larry said the femtos in the X/Sfi need to be on for 2 days before they sound their best. It's no secret that DACs sound better when warmed up and it's generally a good idea to leave them turned on at all times whenever possible.

Not much energy savy though. A real dilemma, keep it up for top notch playback but then turn them off for a lower electrical bill. Wonder if they could power the femtos only and kick them back in gear when needed. Regardless, it's great to have them in.

May 23, 2015 at 6:05 PM Post #7,463 of 13,800

I wonder if dac designers ever think about using oven controlled oscillators. The trade off would be less warm up time versus 10x more power draw though...

May 23, 2015 at 6:17 PM Post #7,464 of 13,800
LH Labs claims that jitter is the biggest enemy for digital audio. I wonder how the stock Pulse's jitter measurements are.
This DAC is $429 and it seems to have an extremely low jitter as measured by atomicbob
http://www.shenzhenaudio.com/mousai-msd192-dac-wolfson-wm8741-dac-192-khz-16-24bit.html

http://www.head-fi.org/t/764787/yggdrasil-technical-measurements/45#post_11625656
6f3e5ea8_20150521mousaimsd192modulationcomponents.PNG

^ that's just crazy

The infinity jitter skirt looks similar based on the vi dac graphs Larry posted awhile back I think?

May 23, 2015 at 7:11 PM Post #7,469 of 13,800
15 or so people bitching does not a failed product or company make and while I don't like some of the things they have done but they do make a great product for the money and stand behind it. That ts more then a lot of much bigger company's do or even try to do. I have two pieces of their equipment and both function exceptionally well! But waiting SUCKS and waiting their getting a defective unit RELLY SUCKS!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back