Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Mar 3, 2015 at 11:24 AM Post #6,091 of 13,800

Quote:

Well said, exactly!

But sadly I don't think they can stop the new campaigns. With their business model, they need the money from the new campaigns in order to continue funding the old campaigns. Because with all the lengthy delays, the original budgets set aside for the old campaigns would have been used up a long time ago.

this post is complete speculation, with no facts, evidence or internal company knowledge to support a thing.
Have you seen the balance sheet for the Pulse project?   I haven't.
for all we know (or don't) there are new advancements or products forthcoming for which we have no clue.

the LH Labs/IGG business model might be crowd designing or crowd funding- but it's not Everyone-Behind-the-Curtain where LH Labs owes anyone zero transparency.
everyone can speculate and guess randomly.  how fun.

I heard there's a perk coming up for Unicorn dust that when rubbed on USB cables reduces packet resistance.
and makes them sparkly.

welcome to my block list.

Mar 3, 2015 at 11:59 AM Post #6,092 of 13,800

this post is complete speculation, with no facts, evidence or internal company knowledge to support a thing.
Have you seen the balance sheet for the Pulse project?   I haven't.
for all we know (or don't) there are new advancements or products forthcoming for which we have no clue.

the LH Labs/IGG business model might be crowd designing or crowd funding- but it's not Everyone-Behind-the-Curtain where LH Labs owes anyone zero transparency.
everyone can speculate and guess randomly.  how fun.

I heard there's a perk coming up for Unicorn dust that when rubbed on USB cables reduces packet resistance.
and makes them sparkly.

welcome to my block list.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if that perk appeared. LH has EARNED every bit of criticism and doubt cast their way. Inept bungling time after time and failure to follow through on things told to backers result in you reaping what you sow. I know there are plenty still high on the perk train but some of us got off a while ago. Hopefully since all that is due me at this point is a vanilla pulse it will arrive soon and then I can leave this thread never to return.

Mar 3, 2015 at 12:04 PM Post #6,093 of 13,800
While I agree it is pure speculation without evidence you just need to read and understand the definition of a ponzi scheme to realise LH Labs' business model so far is sadly and worryingly similar.
I am pretty sure it was never LH Labs intention to begin with but now unfortunately the firm and all its backers face the high risks associated with such scheme and it won't take much for them to fall if they continue on the same path.

Mar 3, 2015 at 12:24 PM Post #6,095 of 13,800
I'm off the perk train- just waiting on Pulse X Infinity w/ new case.

folks wanting the Wave, speaker amps, rack based Vi systems - I shall be happy when they get their products.
and surprised if they don't.

Mar 3, 2015 at 2:03 PM Post #6,096 of 13,800
Whee. I got my RMA for the LPS4 unit I have. I'm surprised they have staff working at midnight, unless the message was automated to be sent then.

They still haven't provided a technical explanation behind the issue though despite acknowledging it. As mentioned, someone who got an exchanged unit has the same issue as before, so I'm afraid that I'd have to pay for shipping twice if my exchanged unit indeed has the same issue. >.>

Oh, the Houston We've Got A Problem thread got updated by Larry a few minutes ago about the LPS issue (not Lachlan's though).

Wasn't it decided that to use the LPS4 the way you were trying to, would require the installation of a ground jumper on the LPS4's USB output?

Also, why hasn't a_recording sent his Pulse back for replacement? I would have been hounding LH Labs for an RMA every day, not sitting around waiting for weeks. 

Mar 3, 2015 at 3:36 PM Post #6,097 of 13,800
If anyone is interested in selling their Geek Pulse X or Xfi 220V for their contribution price, PM me.

Mar 3, 2015 at 3:40 PM Post #6,098 of 13,800

Also, why hasn't a_recording sent his Pulse back for replacement? I would have been hounding LH Labs for an RMA every day, not sitting around waiting for weeks. 

Perhaps he doesn't have the time nor the energy to do that, and would rather be patient and see how responsive the ticketing system is. He does reviews "things" for a living (but I can imagine he does have fans wanting an update about the Pulse). For more information about this and he-said/she-said conversations, please refer back to the last few pages of this thread.

Mar 3, 2015 at 3:56 PM Post #6,099 of 13,800

Perhaps he doesn't have the time nor the energy to do that, and would rather be patient and see how responsive the ticketing system is. 

there can be differing reasons for everything, and we're only left to speculate.  (apparently happens here more-so than actual audio equipment discussion.)
but for a customer to not have "time nor energy" to resolve a significant failure/damage issue and work with the company promptly/directly smells of either 
 a) a predisposed agenda
or
 b) gets kicks in life by starting flames on public discussion boards.

fixing the problem doesn't appear to be his goal at the moment.

I'd be in that camp of "get me an RMA now!"

Mar 3, 2015 at 4:15 PM Post #6,100 of 13,800

Okay, so that I understand what you are saying: you took my issue seriously enough to take the 10 seconds to add me on Skype, but once you added me you didn't take it seriously enough to message me or email me, or otherwise to follow up when I told you that because of my timezone, it may be harder to arrange a call? Suddenly when the conversation goes into a private channel the onus is all on me to follow up?

I understand that some miscommunication may have occurred here. But I absolutely will not accept you telling me I dealt with this less than pleasantly. I have been more than pleasant about this - I've been quiet. I've been quietly waiting to see how the support ticket system would work for an ordinary customer who experienced a severe issue. LH has dropped the ball - with the support tickets, with the failure to follow up, with the actual fault of the unit itself - and I am absolutely floored that you would be defensive enough to call my handling of the situation unpleasant.

I'd stop standing on ceremony, put your hurt feelings away, and initiate direct contact with Casey yourself. It doesn't matter who should have reached out first as long as it gets resolved. 

Mar 3, 2015 at 4:16 PM Post #6,101 of 13,800

there can be differing reasons for everything, and we're only left to speculate.  (apparently happens here more-so than actual audio equipment discussion.)
but for a customer to not have "time nor energy" to resolve a significant failure/damage issue and work with the company promptly/directly 

Yes, I somehow took DiscoSmoke's comment as literally contacting LH labs every 24 hours or less starting at Day 1. My bad. I misread that. 

smells of either 

a) a predisposed agenda
or
 b) gets kicks in life by starting flames on public discussion boards.

fixing the problem doesn't appear to be his goal at the moment.

I'd be in that camp of "get me an RMA now!"

Yes, like you said. Speculation. Something that I will try my very best to no longer contribute here. 

Mar 3, 2015 at 4:54 PM Post #6,102 of 13,800
So during the discussion last night, an RMA was arranged for me after I directly provided my support ticket number. Again, I originally submitted one support ticket and a forum post to see what an ordinary customer experience would be like. I had to go outside the support ticket system to actually get support - but it finally seems like things are happening again after a month.

I should also raise two responses from the survey I set up which are worrying: 

Geek Pulse has flickering LED probably and popping. Destroyed a driver on my Beats Solo. :frowning2: Waiting to hear back from customer service. I hope this is fixed soon. :-

Blown headphones. Almost blown speakers. Playback hiccups.

I also have had a private email describing a blown driver on a pair of K7XX units.

LH has stated that they have not heard from anyone else with the same fault that I have. Given that they took 1 month to deal with my support ticket and get an RMA I am guessing that they are not necessarily getting a full picture of faults from the support tickets.

Now the form is anonymous, and therefore as people have pointed out, impossible to verify. There is also obviously selection bias as well. 

But I think it's better to have some numbers than no numbers at all to corroborate numbers that LH has provided. Even if you do not get a comprehensive picture, you may get enough of an idea to see if 63% shipped and 2% failure seems like a reasonable figure out of the total of all Geek Pulse orders. And if there are units shipping out that damage headphones, I think this is relevant to person receiving a Geek Pulse, regardless of the actual proportion of people with issues.

Mar 3, 2015 at 4:59 PM Post #6,103 of 13,800
I am very GLAD an RMA is happening, albeit at a delayed timeline.

any chance the "1 month support delay" was due to LH Labs switching Support Ticket systems during this time?
bad timing and all, but still a reason besides just "customer being ignored".

Mar 3, 2015 at 5:00 PM Post #6,104 of 13,800
  So during the discussion last night, an RMA was arranged for me after I directly provided my support ticket number. Again, I originally submitted one support ticket and a forum post to see what an ordinary customer experience would be like. I had to go outside the support ticket system to actually get support - but it finally seems like things are happening again after a month.

I should also raise two responses from the survey I set up which are worrying: 

I also have had a private email describing a blown driver on a pair of K7XX units.

LH has stated that they have not heard from anyone else with the same fault that I have. Given that they took 1 month to deal with my support ticket and get an RMA I am guessing that they are not necessarily getting a full picture of faults from the support tickets.

Now the form is anonymous, and therefore as people have pointed out, impossible to verify. There is also obviously selection bias as well. 

But I think it's better to have some numbers than no numbers at all to corroborate numbers that LH has provided. Even if you do not get a comprehensive picture, you may get enough of an idea to see if 63% shipped and 2% failure seems like a reasonable figure out of the total of all Geek Pulse orders. And if there are units shipping out that damage headphones, I think this is relevant to person receiving a Geek Pulse, regardless of the actual proportion of people with issues.

Hey Lachlan,

Wanted to follow up while you were still online.  Are we on for our chat at 3PM PST today? 

Mar 3, 2015 at 5:19 PM Post #6,105 of 13,800
Hey Lachland,

Wanted to follow up while you were still online.  Are we on for our chat at 3PM PST today? 

Sure, looking forward to speaking with you. 

I am very GLAD an RMA is happening, albeit at a delayed timeline.

any chance the "1 month support delay" was due to LH Labs switching Support Ticket systems during this time?
bad timing and all, but still a reason besides just "customer being ignored".

No, the ticket was opened in the new support system. To be clear - I wasn't completely ignored. The ticket was assigned to Jody, and then to Manny, and then to Tami, and then 9 days ago to Michael, who finally sent me the RMA form last night. This is what is frustrating - 4 different people in the organisation saw that I had a fault severe enough to damage a headphone, and none of them seemed to think it was a priority to get the unit in the lab ASAP and see what was going on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back