Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Nov 12, 2014 at 1:33 PM Post #2,626 of 13,800
No real competition between HiFiMan and LH Labs atm. HiFiMan does have a couple decent DAPs, but portables are not desktop/system-component level DACs, and the Wave is several months out. Until then, there's money to be made on headphones (and maybe some of us who back one of the LH bundles will buy a HiFiMan DAP once we hear how great the phones are).

Nov 12, 2014 at 3:30 PM Post #2,627 of 13,800

Yes. You could upgrade your Geek Pulse to Xfi.

Also, thank you for being a user of Xonar series. And actually that is part of my previous team's great work 6 years ago. 

Larry, thank you for clarifying that.

It seems I have been unwittingly following you audio exploits since days past. Thank you and keep up the good work. 

Nice, was worried if I needed to paid the tax or not....in Japan, import taxes, especially electronics hit you hard in the face.

Ranza, do you know the exact amount/percentage of import fees/taxes one would pay for having a pulse delivered in Japan? I am thinking of having it shipped to Japan and then have a friend bring it to me, since I'll have to pay taxes and fees between 40% and 50% from the value of the product in my home country, which is a robbery. Thank you.

This is quite good to know. I backed the limited Pulse and HE 560 bundle as well. It would be really great to get the 560 to listen to while waiting for my Wave and Pulse!

Thanks Larry!

Mandrake, that was quite the deal, wasn't it :) Now, I am tempted to upgrade to Pulse X for additional $288 and call it a day. 

Nov 12, 2014 at 4:26 PM Post #2,628 of 13,800
Interesting. I just discovered this DAC and they publish AudioPrecision measurements like the Geek Pulse:
http://www.exasound.com/e20/e20Measurements.aspx

Does anyone know how to get the exaSound software without having to purchase one of their DACs? Apparently it has a mode called Mac ASIO:
http://www.exasound.com/Blog/tabid/74/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/139/DSD-256-Available-on-Mac-for-the-First-Time.aspx

Nov 12, 2014 at 5:26 PM Post #2,629 of 13,800
Interesting. I just discovered this DAC and they publish AudioPrecision measurements like the Geek Pulse:
http://www.exasound.com/e20/e20Measurements.aspx

Does anyone know how to get the exaSound software without having to purchase one of their DACs? Apparently it has a mode called Mac ASIO:
http://www.exasound.com/Blog/tabid/74/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/139/DSD-256-Available-on-Mac-for-the-First-Time.aspx

This?

http://www.exasound.com/Blog/tabid/74/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/155/Decibel-13--The-First-Audiophile-Player-with-Mac-OS-X-ASIO-Support.aspx

Nov 12, 2014 at 5:35 PM Post #2,630 of 13,800
Exasound was one of my very shortlist when someone shopping for a DAC. Jumped to Geek Out/Pulse mainly due to Larry's success on Da Vinci.

Sent thru my Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 ed.) using Tapatalk Pro

Nov 12, 2014 at 6:11 PM Post #2,631 of 13,800

Oh wow, I didn't know Decibel supports the Mac ASIO pathway. Very interesting. Thanks for pointing that out!
Right now I'm using Audirvana Plus 1.5, which works just fine for my needs, but it doesn't support DSD256 (A+ 2.0 has untested support for it) and I don't know what methods it uses for DSD playback, whether it's DoP or ASIO. It looks like it's DSD over PCM (DoP).

Not that I need DSD256 support since I have a whopping 2 files that are in that format, but it just makes it a bit more future-proof-ish. I don't even know if the Geek Pulse is going to support DSD256 in future firmware updates.

Nov 12, 2014 at 8:05 PM Post #2,632 of 13,800
Couldn't pull the trigger this morning when I initially saw the email as I had to have the wife's ok first lol. I informed her of how much I would be saving and how I could sell my other gear to which she said ok.  Im afraid it's more than likely to late isn't it?

Nov 12, 2014 at 9:20 PM Post #2,633 of 13,800
  Couldn't pull the trigger this morning when I initially saw the email as I had to have the wife's ok first lol. I informed her of how much I would be saving and how I could sell my other gear to which she said ok.  Im afraid it's more than likely to late isn't it?

What do you mean? Too late to get in on the dac or to upgrade an existing order?
You can still get in on one of the dac deals/combos. I just joined last night :)

Nov 12, 2014 at 10:14 PM Post #2,634 of 13,800
  What do you mean? Too late to get in on the dac or to upgrade an existing order?
You can still get in on one of the dac deals/combos. I just joined last night :)

Maybe he was talking about the Pulse/560 package? If so, that was limited to 20 sets. They are gone.
Other deals, such as the Geek Force $399 for the Pulse is still out there last I checked. Other deals too...
If one is interested.

Nov 12, 2014 at 10:54 PM Post #2,635 of 13,800

Maybe he was talking about the Pulse/560 package? If so, that was limited to 20 sets. They are gone.
Other deals, such as the Geek Force $399 for the Pulse is still out there last I checked. Other deals too...
If one is interested.

That was good deal.... Maybe they bring it back?

Nov 12, 2014 at 11:55 PM Post #2,639 of 13,800
I know a few of you have got to demo the pulse.
My Teac ud-501 showed up today. I sounds pretty darn good. Any of you that have heard the pulse also heard the teac? can you tell me what you think of both? 
I want an honest, no holds barred opinion.

Nov 13, 2014 at 12:11 AM Post #2,640 of 13,800
  For the HE400I + Geek Pulse deal, does it include international shipping/ duty payments too?

I think I read that they will send a separate email with a shipping quote when it's ready to ship...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back