Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Apr 2, 2015 at 8:10 PM Post #6,676 of 13,800
  I just watched this video from Light Harmonics on Youtube.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0r0MgxKqwA

Their QC guy spends approximately 3 minutes with each board.  Doesn't this sound a little low?  I don't know.  I've never worked in manufacturing.

I picked Woo Audio as an example, and they claim they have several hours of stress testing before one of their products ships. http://www.wooaudio.com/faq/#9

Does anyone have any experience in hardware manufacturing and QC?

If you've seen how they test the board, they plug it in the computer, check the graphs. 3 minutes seems more than enough if there isn't a problem with the board. I guess if there is an issue they just throw it away, you can't really mod these.

Apr 3, 2015 at 6:25 PM Post #6,677 of 13,800
Well I'm a little astounded. I've had my faulty Geek Pulse with LHLabs waiting for them to assess the unit so they could determine if they would compensate me for my damaged headphone. Everything has gone smoothly, but I noticed that Diana was sending form replies that suggested it was being treated like a typical RMA, so I stated quite clearly that I had already received a replacement unit and they would NOT need to send me a new one at the end of the assessment.

Lo and behold I get emails this morning stating that they assessed and repaired the unit and they are sending it back to me. Helpfully, the support ticket system states:

If you believe that the ticket has not been resolved, please reply to this email to automatically reopen the ticket.

and upon doing this it replies:

Our system has noted that you recently replied (either by email or directly on our support page) to a ticket that has been marked as “closed” or “resolved” by one of our Customer Happiness agents.  
We’re sorry, but because the ticket is closed, you’ll need to open a new ticket if you have another question.

It's like Kafka designed this support ticket system.

I've already sent a PM to Casey on the LH forum but if any LH Labs staff read this, please do not send me an additional Geek Pulse.

Apr 3, 2015 at 6:34 PM Post #6,678 of 13,800
  Well I'm a little astounded. I've had my faulty Geek Pulse with LHLabs waiting for them to assess the unit so they could determine if they would compensate me for my damaged headphone. Everything has gone smoothly, but I noticed that Diana was sending form replies that suggested it was being treated like a typical RMA, so I stated quite clearly that I had already received a replacement unit and they would NOT need to send me a new one at the end of the assessment.

Lo and behold I get emails this morning stating that they assessed and repaired the unit and they are sending it back to me. Helpfully, the support ticket system states:

and upon doing this it replies:

It's like Kafka designed this support ticket system.

I've already sent a PM to Casey on the LH forum but if any LH Labs staff read this, please do not send me an additional Geek Pulse.

Hey Lachlan,

I received your PM and spoke with the RMA team.  Since we already sent you a replacement Pulse they closed the ticket and stopped shipment.

As far as your damaged headphones go, we're still waiting for you to send them in and have our insurance underwriter asses them.  Diana informed me that she reached out to you in regards to shipping them over.

Let me know. 

Apr 3, 2015 at 6:42 PM Post #6,679 of 13,800
Hey Lachlan,

I received your PM and spoke with the RMA team.  Since we already sent you a replacement Pulse they closed the ticket and stopped shipment.

As far as your damaged headphones go, we're still waiting for you to send them in and have our insurance underwriter asses them.  Diana informed me that she reached out to you in regards to shipping them over.

Let me know. 

Hey Casey, I think there has been some misunderstanding, which is why I have not sent the headphones in yet.

As Jody Edit: Gavin wrote previously,

As I told Lachlan in our Skype call, we have insurance that will cover damaged gear caused by our products.  It’s a 3rd party who conducts their own investigations and makes a determination whether or not something will be covered.  If they determine that our product caused damage to another piece of gear, they’ll ask for the damaged item to be sent in and will pay the claim.  If they determine damage was caused by something other than our gear (like end user error), they won’t pay the claim.  In my opinion, Lachlan’s headphones were caused by his own error.  But we’ll let the insurance company’s claims adjuster decide that.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/687851/geek-pulse-geek-desktop-dac-amp-by-light-harmonics/6165#post_11379087

and also:

The good news is that it won't be me or anybody else at the company that will make the assessment of either product or user error.  It'll be the claim adjuster.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/687851/geek-pulse-geek-desktop-dac-amp-by-light-harmonics/6165#post_11379423

I read that to mean that I should send the faulty headphone in AFTER the third party claims adjuster had looked at the faulty unit, and that the faulty unit would be evaluated by a third party.

Now you are suggesting that the claims adjuster doesn't look at the faulty unit, they look at the damaged headphones.

How will the claims adjuster assess whether or not the Geek Pulse is at fault if you have already repaired it internally? 

Apr 3, 2015 at 6:49 PM Post #6,680 of 13,800
To be clear, Diana did offer to give me a shipping label for the faulty headphone, but I said:

Great! If it's a separate package, then I think it's best to wait for the result of the assessment of the unit first. If I could have that shipping label to send the Pulse back I will get it on its way to you. 

I didn't want to send out another package if the initial result of the assessment was going to be negative.

I'll give you the dimensions of the headphone so you can provide a shipping label but again I'd like to know how the third party claims adjuster will assess the claim if the original unit has already been repaired.

Apr 3, 2015 at 7:17 PM Post #6,681 of 13,800
  To be clear, Diana did offer to give me a shipping label for the faulty headphone, but I said:

I didn't want to send out another package if the initial result of the assessment was going to be negative.

I'll give you the dimensions of the headphone so you can provide a shipping label but again I'd like to know how the third party claims adjuster will assess the claim if the original unit has already been repaired.

Hey Lachlan,

We have the details from the assessment of your unit.  Now we're just waiting on the headphones in question.  I'm going to have Diana shoot over a shipping label today and we'll get the ball rolling on our end.  Diana will be able to provide you with more info in her email to you.

Thanks again for reaching out and I'm looking forward to remedying this situation for you ASAP.   

Let me know if you need anything else.  

Apr 3, 2015 at 7:18 PM Post #6,682 of 13,800

Hey Lachlan,

We have the details from the assessment of your unit.  Now we're just waiting on the headphones in question.  I'm going to have Diana shoot over a shipping label today and we'll get the ball rolling on our end.  Diana will be able to provide you with more info in her email to you today.

Thanks again for reaching out and I'm looking forward to remedying this situation for you ASAP.   

Let me know if you need anything else.  

Okay, sounds great. Thanks!

Apr 3, 2015 at 7:22 PM Post #6,683 of 13,800
why is your Customer Service communication happening on a public forum?

send emails/PMs.
reply to emails/PMs.

please let the rest of us discuss the audio equipment and musical qualities-
this is not the LH Labs Support Chat room.

Apr 3, 2015 at 7:33 PM Post #6,684 of 13,800
  why is your Customer Service communication happening on a public forum?

send emails/PMs.
reply to emails/PMs.

please let the rest of us discuss the audio equipment and musical qualities-
this is not the LH Labs Support Chat room.

+1, You got that right.  I thought we were done with the back and forth BS a few weeks ago!

Apr 3, 2015 at 8:22 PM Post #6,685 of 13,800
I understand the frustration, the ticket system really is broken at LH, as stated, you get 1 entry, a response (sometimes just automated), then the ticket auto-closes and you are back to square 1. I think my issues are settled now (I hope I hope I hope), but, it took about 6 weeks, many dead end tickets, and finally an open forum to get attention needed. They really need to fix the Customer Happiness system, but until they get that together I am ok with these Help posts (and, it gives people some insight into the difficulties in the process ).

(Things got better once Manny got personally involved in working things through)

Apr 3, 2015 at 9:07 PM Post #6,686 of 13,800
+1, You got that right.  I thought we were done with the back and forth BS a few weeks ago!

Stretching out the 15 minutes?

Apr 4, 2015 at 10:56 AM Post #6,688 of 13,800
Wrong thread LOL

Apr 4, 2015 at 10:02 PM Post #6,689 of 13,800
So apparently the survey is coming to an end somewhat soon but the problem is that it is not correctly reflecting what I ordered. I sent in a ticket about it and it said that since the survey was still early on it would be fixed but that was a week ago. If the survey that I submit does not align with what I actually backed, what will be the result?

Apr 4, 2015 at 10:34 PM Post #6,690 of 13,800
So apparently the survey is coming to an end somewhat soon but the problem is that it is not correctly reflecting what I ordered. I sent in a ticket about it and it said that since the survey was still early on it would be fixed but that was a week ago. If the survey that I submit does not align with what I actually backed, what will be the result?

If the survey is still not showing what you ordered then open another ticket. My stuff is all cleaned up now in the survey so hopefully they've gotten through most of the items that were out of alignment.

How far off is your stuff?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back