Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Mar 23, 2015 at 11:56 AM Post #6,571 of 13,800

I almost don't care anymore excepting I expect with this level of delay that when these units finally do ship, they have been thoroughly tested, and don't have a myriad of firmware bugs ect... hopefully this additional time can be used to get both the display board firmware and the operational firmware running completely smooth and bug-free.

I'd like to have your optimism.

Mar 23, 2015 at 11:59 AM Post #6,572 of 13,800

I see that they've given themselves until the end of 2nd quarter to fully ship the Sfi, which is quite a long time from "shipping 3rd week of March", given how few Sfi units were actually sold.

It's par for the course at this point, so many delays, I've just about lost count.

I almost don't care anymore excepting I expect with this level of delay that when these units finally do ship, they have been thoroughly tested, and don't have a myriad of firmware bugs ect... hopefully this additional time can be used to get both the display board firmware and the operational firmware running completely smooth and bug-free.

I get all that. But don't give yourself a one week delay and give people hopes if you know damn well you can't make it.

The product might be mighty fine and very well engineered, but the logistical and customer service flaws at LHLabs are astounding.

Mar 23, 2015 at 12:22 PM Post #6,573 of 13,800
  I get all that. But don't give yourself a one week delay and give people hopes if you know damn well you can't make it.

The product might be mighty fine and very well engineered, but the logistical and customer service flaws at LHLabs are astounding.

I have to agree, and lets hope these are the FINAL delays.

No more excuses, the west coast port work stoppage is over, the packaging has been delivered, the new PCB fabrication production run was shipped... and while all of those delays seem legit/largely beyond LH Labs' control, the prior 6 months of nothing happening except the Aperkolypse were more than just frustrating.

Mar 23, 2015 at 12:53 PM Post #6,574 of 13,800
So for the few of us, SFi backers, it looks like we might get it by the end of July if we are lucky. Like many, after the upset, I have completely lost interest in LH Labs and their products.
It will come when it comes and then go straight to sale forum and I will very likely make a significant loss on the sale despite being an early backer. 
Well, you live and learn....
wink.gif

Mar 23, 2015 at 2:39 PM Post #6,575 of 13,800
So I take it that the "forever funders" will not see their Pulses until the end of summer into fall, maybe next winter?

Mar 23, 2015 at 6:51 PM Post #6,576 of 13,800
Any update on when we will get the Geek Pulse X?  Has anyone received their?

Mar 23, 2015 at 7:37 PM Post #6,577 of 13,800
  Any update on when we will get the Geek Pulse X?  Has anyone received their?

The "regular" X version is not in production yet. Not until the Xfi versions are complete.

Here is the link to the production progress report to give you an idea of the order of production/shipping.

http://lhlabs.com/downloads/updates/dianas_production_progress_chart.pdf

Jody

Mar 23, 2015 at 9:14 PM Post #6,578 of 13,800
Thanks for responding. I don't have the same issue with the Shure preamp, nor with my JoLida DAC I used previously. Both resync fine after redock.

Technical Support responded. My issue was due to trying to use it in an unsupported mode, unfortunately (I had a smart power switch that turned off power whenever the laptop was disconnected - looks like I will need to turn it on and off manually).

Compared to my previous stack, JoLida tube DAC and Schiit Asgard, the Pulse is a big step up. I am not good at writing very detailed audio impressions, but bottom line, the Pulse is a lot more refined. Music that was edgy on my previous rig is much smoother on the Pulse. Imaging is also improved. I feel I am getting full performance from my Audeze for the first time. One important observation. During testing, I tried using the wall wart power supply rather than the Geek LPS. The Pulse lost a lot of its advantages in that configuration. If you get the Pulse, I strongly recommend also getting an LPS.

Mar 24, 2015 at 4:50 AM Post #6,581 of 13,800

The "regular" X version is not in production yet. Not until the Xfi versions are complete.

Here is the link to the production progress report to give you an idea of the order of production/shipping.

http://lhlabs.com/downloads/updates/dianas_production_progress_chart.pdf

Jody

Thank you for the link!
Glad to see the shipping of the Pulse is 95% complete. 
Can we expect this batch to be bug free?

Mar 24, 2015 at 11:10 AM Post #6,583 of 13,800
So how is it now Bro?

Mar 24, 2015 at 11:38 AM Post #6,584 of 13,800
It works great with the orthodynamic cans - Audez'e LCD-X really sounds great. The upper end in particular just opened up a tad more than I hear it from my Gungnir/Mojo combo. Having owned the HE 500 previously, I assume it will work very well with most Hifiman HPs (I say most since I need to test it with my HE 6 but that's a different beast altogether). Frankly, its not that great with the HD 800. No amount of twiddling around with the settings helped in getting the SQ and the overall experience I get when I use the 800 with the Zana Deux/BH Crack. I will try the Beyer T1 next to see if there is an overall lack of synergy with the high impedance HPs.

The FTM filter is by far the best choice for the filter (of course one needs to have the femto clock upgrade). 

Mar 24, 2015 at 11:43 AM Post #6,585 of 13,800
Well Larry says at least a week to open up. With the Femtos longer.

Happy for you Bro! Enjoy! Guess need more patience for the Infinity w/ AQ2M.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back