Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Feb 18, 2015 at 10:12 AM Post #5,731 of 13,800
  The first thing that gives apparently is the math - the progress stats don't match the project list (21 vs 20 as pointed out earlier) and according to the project list 4 are in the 40% completion range not 5 and 2 are in the 90's not 3 and 3 are in the 80's not 2.  By trying to make things better and not clear I am afraid that this will just become another of 'the warts' behind the curtain for detractors to pounce on and the inability for internal documents and charts to not accurately reflect the other info on the same page isn't helping any.

Also they need to add the back end stuff they are doing like, implementing a working order confirmation system for backers.

Feb 18, 2015 at 10:59 AM Post #5,732 of 13,800
  reasons I'm excited for my upgrade from pulse infinity to vi dac infinity with new dac chip
1) the $300 upgrade fee was a mistake by lh labs and I got an even better deal than I realized!
2) klingon bird of prey shaped shiny chassis
3) 15v built in LPS gives balanced headphone out 15% more power than geek pulse xfi
4) upgradeable display
5) phase inversion.  I don't know what it is but it sounds cool and my subwoofer also has it
6) new dac chip with separated analog and digital ground planes.  again not sure what that is but sounds good
7) it has threaded holes for feet, maybe I'll get some crazy sick magnetic levitation spikes or something
8) balance feature
9) I can finally use my apple remote for something

now that I know it has an even better headphone amp than pulse infinity maybe I don't need the geek HPA

FWIW, uncola, you can use your apple remote in the vanilla geek. :)

Feb 18, 2015 at 11:23 AM Post #5,733 of 13,800
Since I am awaiting moderation to my post on the LHLabs forum, I thought I would ask here:

Just picked up my Pulse from the US over the weekend and had some time to try it out this morning.
I am using a laptop running Windows Vista Professional that has never been used for high rez audio playback before or with any external DAC.
I followed all of the instructions on the LHLabs support site to install the windows drivers, flash the updated firmware, and then installed Foobar2000 and selected the Pulse as the playback device. I did NOT go through the DSD steps with ASIO/SACD components as I am only looking to play PCM right now. All my files play fine from Foobar but the sample rate on the front of the Pulse always shows 44.1k, no matter the file being played. The file info in Foobar is showing the correct bit depth and sample rate. Is this part of the known display driver bug? I though that only impacted the non-USB inputs?

Thanks!

AW

Feb 18, 2015 at 1:22 PM Post #5,735 of 13,800
Which output method did you choose under the foobar option?

Light Harmonic ASIO or something else?

Feb 18, 2015 at 1:35 PM Post #5,736 of 13,800
Feb 18, 2015 at 5:32 PM Post #5,738 of 13,800
am I the only one that watched/listened to the LH video via a GeekOut 450?
etysmile.gif

Feb 18, 2015 at 6:42 PM Post #5,739 of 13,800

gavin is right, communication is very important , thanks  guys !

Feb 18, 2015 at 7:18 PM Post #5,741 of 13,800
am I the only one that watched/listened to the LH video via a GeekOut 450?
:etysmile:  

Haha you're probably the first

My main desktop DAC had power problems lately so I pulled out the GO (mainly unused since I haven't been on the road)...and then remembered how good this tiny thing is.

If LHL can iron out some issues and get a break I believe the Pulse will deliver based on just what I'm hearing out of the GO.

Feb 18, 2015 at 9:35 PM Post #5,744 of 13,800
That hd800 backward pic is going to follow Larry around like the "no one will ever need more than 640kb of ram" quote that follows Bill Gates around

Feb 18, 2015 at 9:44 PM Post #5,745 of 13,800
well. anyone wanna take larrys offer to physically drop by and pick up the geek pulse? lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back