Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Nov 5, 2013 at 1:08 AM Post #171 of 13,800
I think you'll find voltage is more important than current with an transducer at 300 ohms.  It should have more than enough voltage swing to drive the HD-800's, however I'm sure it won't beat a GSX II for instance ... but noone should expect that at the price. Whether it is "good enough" is unknown.  Whether it will drive them properly ... without knowing for sure (as noone has tried the combination, obviously) ... I'd say "yes" - most likely ... and if not, it is $250 at the moment - sell it and move on ...

Nov 5, 2013 at 3:10 AM Post #173 of 13,800
You can contribute any amount you'd like, but you are charged when you make your contribution. I would research which amount you want to contribute before taking action so you can be sure of your decision. 

Nov 5, 2013 at 3:26 AM Post #174 of 13,800
  You can contribute any amount you'd like, but you are charged when you make your contribution. I would research which amount you want to contribute before taking action so you can be sure of your decision. 

I did make a contribution on the fist day already, but now I need the money to be relocated some where else so I want to make change to the contribution that I made. 

Nov 5, 2013 at 3:31 AM Post #175 of 13,800
I must not be getting something here with the contribution thing. Can someone explain why anyone would contribute for any other reason than to get the product early? Because it sure doesn't look like you save any money:

1. Contribute $398 for the Geek Pulse + Geek Out bundle and get the Pulse for $199 and Out for $199: this adds up to the same price ($800) as the MSRP of the Pulse ($500) + Out ($300) anyway.
  2. Contribute $249 for half off the MSRP: which adds up to exactly the MSRP of the Geek Pulse ($500).
  3. Contribute $299 for 40% off the MSRP: so you end up effectively paying the MSRP anyway, because $299 + $200 = $499.
  4. Contribute $349 for 30% off the MSRP: $349 + $150 = $499, which is the MSRP.

So why should I contribute now when I can just wait until it's out next year? And this whole crowdsourced funding is rubbing me the wrong way as well. They're taking money upfront from people to develop a product before it's out? What if the product never comes out or gets drastically changed? That totally smells of a class-action lawsuit waiting to happen. The site fails to explain why I should give them even $1. It's not like they're a non-profit charity, they're a business! What are they taking money for?

Nov 5, 2013 at 3:57 AM Post #177 of 13,800

1. Contribute $398 for the Geek Pulse + Geek Out bundle and get the Pulse for $199 and Out for $199: this adds up to the same price ($800) as the MSRP of the Pulse ($500) + Out ($300) anyway.
  2. Contribute $249 for half off the MSRP: which adds up to exactly the MSRP of the Geek Pulse ($500).
  3. Contribute $299 for 40% off the MSRP: so you end up effectively paying the MSRP anyway, because $299 + $200 = $499.
  4. Contribute $349 for 30% off the MSRP: $349 + $150 = $499, which is the MSRP.

I think youalready explain yourself: it means that you are looking to buy product at that that discount price. Pay now, get it later, like how it's work with your pension plan: contribute now, the reward comes later.

Nov 5, 2013 at 4:40 AM Post #179 of 13,800
The $398 is all you pay for the combo and no more. The $249 nets you a Geek Pulse with no extra cost.

Ok that makes sense, and if that's true, then I totally mis-read their contribution site. Seems like it's more of a pre-order going on then?

I still don't get what it is that people are "contributing" to though, and why I should bother to contribute $1. What are they doing with the $1 and all the other money that they're taking upfront? Why does a company need "contributions" from the consumers that it's selling to? It still just seems really odd to me. Is the Geek Pulse still a prototype or is it in production?

I've just never heard of a company taking this level of money upfront for anything before, and if I were to "contribute" anything I'd sure want to know what they're doing with my money for 6 months!

Nov 5, 2013 at 5:04 AM Post #180 of 13,800
The $1 is for those who have already ordered the Geek Out. They pledge $1 and contribute $198 to secure a Geek Pulse for themselves. They get a special price of $199.
The $1 pledge is just to show support.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back