Gears to give away
Sep 13, 2010 at 11:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Audio-Omega

Headphoneus Supremus
Is there a forum for gears to be given away ?  This would benefit the Head-Fi community.  

I have a stock Sennheiser HD650 to give away.  

Sep 13, 2010 at 12:02 PM Post #2 of 10
I'll take it off your hands :)

I usually post it in the FS forums and whoever PM me first gets it or something.

Sep 13, 2010 at 2:32 PM Post #3 of 10
This used to happen regularly a few years back.  Usually, there was a thread in the Member's Lounge where people were invited to post if they wanted to be considered for the drawing.  Sometimes, the giver would ask for a a joke, photo, etc. with each submission, and sometimes the give-aways are restricted to new or old users, people in a certain country, etc.  Then there would be a drawing of names, or you could use a random number generator to pick the post number.  Something along those lines.

Also, this is very generous of you!

Sep 14, 2010 at 10:49 AM Post #4 of 10
A separate sub-forum may be useful. Not sure if there is enough give-aways around here to justify one though.
When I gave away a Stax SR-404 I put it in the Members' Lounge, and got no complains.

Generous of you!

Sep 14, 2010 at 11:38 AM Post #5 of 10
Thanks guys.  I will put something together when I get the time to.  
smile_phones.gif

Sep 14, 2010 at 6:30 PM Post #6 of 10

Quote:
A separate sub-forum may be useful. Not sure if there is enough give-aways around here to justify one though.
When I gave away a Stax SR-404 I put it in the Members' Lounge, and got no complains.

Generous of you!

oh yeah, did he ever get an amp?  lol!!  I'll have to look that up.

Sep 17, 2010 at 11:03 AM Post #7 of 10
oh yeah, did he ever get an amp?  lol!!  I'll have to look that up.

Yeah, eventually.
I was not pleased with how it turned out though, as the winner clearly joined up without reading the rules.

So no more give-aways from me!

Sep 18, 2010 at 12:08 AM Post #8 of 10

Quote:
Yeah, eventually.
I was not pleased with how it turned out though, as the winner clearly joined up without reading the rules.

So no more give-aways from me!

yeah, sad to hear.  we should get on him again about writing up a review.  then encourage him to pass them on.  Your giveaway was way too generous for that guy.  dont give up on the giveaway, just add some more rules! lol.. you've got some great gear I KNOW you'll get sick of. lol.  thanks for all you contribute to the forums.  I've learned quite a bit from your posts.  

sorry to derail the thread!!  back to you giving away the senns.

Sep 18, 2010 at 1:24 AM Post #9 of 10
Wow, Throw me in, would love to have them!

Sep 18, 2010 at 10:22 AM Post #10 of 10
Wow, what a fantastic idea!

I'd love to throw my hat into the ring because my everyday headphones are horrendous, but as a new member I think it would be quite unfair - good luck to the rest.

I saw a similar discussion in another thread about opamps - I'd love that! (just ordered a bunch of OPA2111). Same with capacitors...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back