GE Transportation Internships
Sep 27, 2008 at 4:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

JSTpt1022

500+ Head-Fier
I was recently offered a summer electrical engineering internship at GE Transportation. Does anyone have any experience with this company or with their internship program that they want to share before I make a decision?

I'm also interested in pay scale although we probably shouldn't discuss that here. PM me if anyone wants to share information and start a private discussion.

Sep 28, 2008 at 10:24 PM Post #3 of 4
You're a college student, right?

It's all about getting experience, making good impressions, and gaining contacts. Be friendly, work your ass off, and make lots of friends. And after the internship is done, keep in touch with everyone on a regular basis. The contacts I've made during the many internships were invaluable. Quite a few of them are my clients to this day.

Don't worry so much about pay scale. They usually have a fixed pay scale for interns. Big companies are usually pretty generous. Some internships pay nothing at all. Either way, you're there for the experience more than anything. Worry about the payscale when you graduate and are going got full time job interviews.

-Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back