Gateway Open Back Headphones?
Oct 21, 2017 at 6:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Pandaaz

New Head-Fier
Hi I'm looking to own a really nice pair of open back headphones for around $200 AUD I'm thinking of going for the beyerdynamic dt 990 pro 250 ohms. I dont have an amp so i was wondering if its ok to still get these.
I do a lot of gaming and listening to jazz music if you have any recommendations. Thank you.

Oct 21, 2017 at 7:17 PM Post #2 of 6
Hi I'm looking to own a really nice pair of open back headphones for around $200 AUD I'm thinking of going for the beyerdynamic dt 990 pro 250 ohms. I dont have an amp so i was wondering if its ok to still get these.
I do a lot of gaming and listening to jazz music if you have any recommendations. Thank you.
The impedance is high but they have a high sensitivity at 96db so I would assume they could get loud enough for you. I would also assume they would sound better with an amp so perhaps you could branch out that way down the road if you wish!

Oct 21, 2017 at 7:27 PM Post #3 of 6
The impedance is high but they have a high sensitivity at 96db so I would assume they could get loud enough for you. I would also assume they would sound better with an amp so perhaps you could branch out that way down the road if you wish!
Would you have any other recommendations for a newbie like me? im open to all suggestions!

Oct 22, 2017 at 12:42 AM Post #5 of 6
Honestly if you want a good gaming headphone and also something that has a very agreeable sound, the HD598 are perfect. They don't need an amp, are amazing for gaming, and sound good with most genres although they aren't great for EDM because they don't have super punchy bass. They work well with rock, acoustic, jazz and blues, classical, and many other genres that don't rely on pounding bass

Users who are viewing this thread

Back