Gapless playback on flash player
Mar 17, 2007 at 3:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

scompton

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm looking to buy a new flash player and I'm having problems figuring out which have gapless playback. I also need a player that will playback mutli disk albums in the correct order. I currently have a 4 year old Rio that I need to create playlists to force this.

Mar 17, 2007 at 1:05 PM Post #5 of 13
The only Flash player I know of that does gapless is the iPod nano. And from the one sample I've heard, the iPods actually handle mp3 gapless better than the Rio Karma. Of course, the nano won't be able to play any wma or ogg files.

Just curious, which Rio to you have?

Mar 17, 2007 at 3:55 PM Post #8 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by scompton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have the Rio Cali.

Old school! Two thumbs up.
icon10.gif

If flash isn't a hard requirement, the Vibez works and sounds great. Though, the gapless isn't 100% perfect on mp3, it still clips a fraction of a second off the front end of the transition. Ogg and FLAC gapless are perfect. And it plays multi-disc albums in order.

Mar 17, 2007 at 4:04 PM Post #9 of 13
Are iPods the only players that handle multi-disk albums correctly. Media Player, the Rio software, and the Rio player, the tracks play track 1 - track 1 instead of all of the tracks in disk 1 followed by the tracks in disk 2.

Mar 17, 2007 at 5:07 PM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by RubenNYC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Old school! Two thumbs up.
icon10.gif

If flash isn't a hard requirement, the Vibez works and sounds great.

I have a 80G iPod. I want a new flash player for going to the gym, working around the yard, etc.

Mar 18, 2007 at 3:25 PM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by scompton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are iPods the only players that handle multi-disk albums correctly. Media Player, the Rio software, and the Rio player, the tracks play track 1 - track 1 instead of all of the tracks in disk 1 followed by the tracks in disk 2.

Does the Cali support folders? If so, that should solve your multi-disk album problem right now. You could also probably work around it by renaming all your files to something like: "Artist-AlbumDisc#-Track#-Title"

I'm betting any flash player that supports folders would be able to handle this just fine.

Mar 18, 2007 at 8:03 PM Post #12 of 13
The Cali doesn't appear to support folders, but I'll experiment with that on the SD card. It doesn't use the file name to determine playback order. My files are named AlbumDisc#-Track#-Title and don't play in the proper order without a playlist. It appears to use the ID3 tags and doesn't recognize AlbumDisc#. The Rio software does the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back