Gangs of New york
Jun 26, 2005 at 5:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

hentai

1000+ Head-Fier
Is 'Gangs of New york' a nice film? i am feeling bored and want to rent a couple of videos to enjoy. This film seems to portray the history of new york well.

Jun 26, 2005 at 5:38 PM Post #2 of 21
It's a good film...but far from nice.

Jun 26, 2005 at 5:42 PM Post #3 of 21
I didn't like it at all. I even hated it, and I really can't point out why.

Jun 26, 2005 at 5:44 PM Post #4 of 21
One of Martin Scorcese's best films i think.

Leonardo Dicrapio and Daniel Lewis incredible acting jobs, the film is really one of the finer films of the last few years.

Of course it's violent, but what do you expect? Is Goodfellas a cartoon? I mean come on.

Jun 26, 2005 at 5:47 PM Post #5 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by mjg
One of Martin Scorcese's best films i think.

Leonardo Dicrapio and Daniel Lewis incredible acting jobs, the film is really one of the finer films of the last few years.

Of course it's violent, but what do you expect? Is Goodfellas a cartoon? I mean come on.

Violent? Thats great. i am a fan of Godfather /dirty harry / john woo movies.
I often watch movies consists of live cannibalism . I like it

Jun 26, 2005 at 5:49 PM Post #6 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by hentai
I often watch movies consists of live cannibalism . I like it

Oh my god. Nothing against you but...you like seeing people eat other people alive?

Well anyhow...I don't think that you could compare the Godfather to Gangs of New York.

Jun 26, 2005 at 5:55 PM Post #7 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alu
Oh my god. Nothing against you but...you like seeing people eat other people alive?

Well anyhow...I don't think that you could compare the Godfather to Gangs of New York.

i always like to watch things that considered immoral with gore in it but in real life i am not like that. I am always fascinated over cannibalism.

Jun 26, 2005 at 6:16 PM Post #8 of 21
I thought it was rather good. It is extremely violent, as pointed out, but if that doesn't bother you, 'tis good. (although I still find it humorous that the same people who drug their kids to The Jesus Chainsaw Massacre would shudder with repulsion at such a film as this)

Jun 26, 2005 at 6:39 PM Post #10 of 21
you want gangs? Boyz in the da hood and menace II society were pretty decent
icon10.gif

Jun 26, 2005 at 7:50 PM Post #11 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephonovich
(although I still find it humorous that the same people who drug their kids to The Jesus Chainsaw Massacre would shudder with repulsion at such a film as this)

hahaha
icon10.gif

Good one. I actually had to laugh quite a lot because of this statement; I do witness that thing happening.

Jun 26, 2005 at 8:46 PM Post #12 of 21
I didn't find Gangs of New York interesting. The story wasn't compelling, I never had any sympathy for Amsterdam (Leo), and frankly, the history of the city of New York holds no fascination for me.

Jun 26, 2005 at 9:02 PM Post #13 of 21
i LOVED that movie. i really like all movies about history of places i live in. this is also why i like WWII games. it has a lot of blood and action. i think you should watch it

Jun 26, 2005 at 9:09 PM Post #14 of 21
Very good movie, but not what I would call an action movie.

Its a great movie with action in it.

There is good characterization, good cinemtography, good dialogue, etc.

Not quite one of my favorites, but I have seen it multiple times and will see it more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back