Gamma and Delta C-pads?
May 21, 2005 at 11:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Kameleon

500+ Head-Fier
http://www.headphile.com/page16.html

Just noticed that the standard Alpha and Beta C-pads have been replaced with new models - any more info on these than what's in the link? Is there no difference to them apart from small ports drilled into the soundboards?

And has anyone got a set yet? Wondering if the increase in quality is worth shipping my betas back to the US from the UK (though they've not even got here yet, Lou's 225s with betas should be here in a couple of days
wink.gif
)

May 21, 2005 at 11:57 AM Post #2 of 9
Hmm very interesting! So it looks like unported Betas aren't a regular option anymore. Which means my pair is going to stay one of the bassiest out there, baby! Of course, having them ported always gives you the option of less bass, which is nice for some. It looks like Larry decided on a nice standard amount of mini-porting to give the C-Pads just enough balance of bass/air - whether that's right for you is up to your ears, just as an unported pair is up to personal preference. My guess is no one has the gamma/deltas just yet, we'll have to wait a bit till those first 20 get shipped out!

May 21, 2005 at 1:02 PM Post #3 of 9
Guys, only the names changed, not the products. Gamma Pads are Beta Pads for sr60, 80, 125, 225, 325 and Delta Pads are Beta Pads for RS-1 etc...

Then you have alpha port = C Pads with holes for sr60, 80, 125, etc and beta port = C Pads with hole for RS-1 etc.

The pads are all the same, Larry just gave them more appropriate names.

May 21, 2005 at 6:13 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by acs236
morphie -- I think the alpha and beta ports are the same, but it sounds as if the gamma and deltas have a different types of ports (smaller).

Correct. I don't think peeps were reading about ports and were winding up with bass monsters when they didn't intend to. Answer... port all of them to a certain degree
tongue.gif

May 21, 2005 at 6:15 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by morphie
my bad, i misread the whole thing actually ^^ im happy with my non ported c pads
biggrin.gif

ME TOO!

May 21, 2005 at 7:35 PM Post #9 of 9
Ok, so, after what you said in reply to my e-mail that I'd need a ported model to keep the highs, will these Deltas suffice? Or should I still shell out the money for the port add-on? I'd probably keep most of them open anyway.

I know I originally said I was going for the alphas, but I've been doing a lot of planning on my future equipment and I decided to go for the betas to keep them close and fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back