Gaming-Sennheiser 580's or Beyerdynamic 250-80's?
Oct 13, 2002 at 5:02 AM Post #17 of 24
jessica: try looking for a used cmoy or cha47 on the for sale/trade forum. They are perfect for your phones and should be about the price you suggest, maybe a few dollars more.

Oct 13, 2002 at 5:54 AM Post #18 of 24
Although I may be relatively new around here, I'm finding it increasingly tiring to see certain people just attacking whatever Magicthyse has to input about any subject in any thread... almost as if they're rebutting whatever has been said just because Magic said it.

Sigh... oh well.

Oct 13, 2002 at 2:21 PM Post #19 of 24
The DT250-80s rock for gaming; they make a bad source sound reasonable due to under-emphasizing the harsh treble that results from these sources.

I used them through my soundcard both amped and unamped; the sound was about the same.

Sonically speaking they place musical emphasis on the midrange and have reasonable, very tight bass.

Cheers,
Caffeine

Oct 15, 2002 at 1:04 AM Post #20 of 24
Quote:

Originally posted by Ptrick
I'm finding it increasingly tiring to see certain people just attacking whatever Magicthyse has to input about any subject in any thread... almost as if they're rebutting whatever has been said just because Magic said it.

No, that's just what he wants you to think. If you actually look around Head-Fi, you'll see that people (including me) agree with him on some things, so clearly it's not personal. It's just that some of the things he says are so out there that people feel the need to disagree.

Mar 5, 2004 at 10:48 PM Post #22 of 24
I think that you should consider the Ultrasone HFI650 too.
They are excellent for gaming, and I believe bangraman said something about them being better than the dt250s.

Mar 5, 2004 at 11:20 PM Post #23 of 24
I just luve my DT250-80, they are 2 days old, just passed overnight burn in but the sound is
600smile.gif

I may not have much to compare with just my old Denon AH-D950, but Beyers just spanked them.
Agreed on comment that they make MP3 sound *very* decent.
Very nice and precise positioning in UT2003 too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back